Terrible Traders/Buyers/Sellers

benchwarmer

Did you not add tracking? Because if not, I hope that's a lesson learned. I got burned one time because I didn't pay a few cents for tracking and now that will never happen again.

I can't remember exactly but you either can't track the package after it enters Canada or you can, but it costs so much to do it that it is basically not worth selling anything (unless the buyer is willing to pay $20 or $30 shipping).

Someone can correct me if I'm off base.

As far as incidents like the above, I always keep the receipts from the post office showing when I sent something for a little while.

No, it doesn't win you a paypal case. But if you pm a dude "shipped", it never comes, at least you can scan the receipt and defend your rep. Maybe it keeps you from taking a negative.

you are correct.

the buyer didn't pay or want to pay for an actual tracking number. to add one on this shipment would have been an extra $17 out of my pocket. I was under the impression that since the customs form # showed up on the USPS tracking site it would be good enough, but it only shows what happens in the US. Once it crosses the border there aren't any more updates.

I still have the customs form and the shipping receipt. I also informed the buyer at the time of shipment

I can't remember exactly but you either can't track the package after it enters Canada or you can, but it costs so much to do it that it is basically not worth selling anything (unless the buyer is willing to pay $20 or $30 shipping).

As far as incidents like the above, I always keep the receipts from the post office showing when I sent something for a little while.

No, it doesn't win you a paypal case. But if you pm a dude "shipped", it never comes, at least you can scan the receipt and defend your rep. Maybe it keeps you from taking a negative.

I do this too. If I mail anything international, I take a pic of the customs form next to the addressed package. Not every postal worker will hand the package back to you take a picture but if I sell a high priced item, I demand it.

Not winning Paypal case, but gives buyers peace of mind.

Here is a summary of my transaction with horroshow696. Sorry if it is a bit long.

horrorshow696 contacted me offering to sell me an item I wanted we agreed on a price.

I then did not hear from him for about 2 weeks.

He then messaged me saying he was busy and would knock 10 dollars off are agreed price and include shipping.

About a week after that I asked if he had shipped he said he had.

At 40 days after payment I asked if he new anything about my item.

He filed a case with usps but it would take 7 business days.

My paypal coverage would expire in that time.

I suggested and did pay a second time and was refunded for the original payment.

About 2 weeks later horroshow696 informed me my item was lost in the mail.

He had insurance on it and was waiting for his refund to refund me.

I asked for any customs or tracking numbers to see if I could find the package from my side of the border.

He refused to give me any info and stated I was trying to scam him out of his money and the item.

I contacted a mod shitty rambo and showed him all of our communications.

He told me that I should not have to wait for horrorshow696 to get his money from usps, and said I should file a dispute with paypal if I still could.

I could and did after escalating to a claim horrorshow696 did refund my money.

In summary after about 60 days since original payment I was refunded. The item never came to me and horrorshow696 blocked me so I never found out if it made it back to him.

horrorshow696 if you read this let me know did you get your item back?

My thoughts on horrorshow696 are. If you live in the US order from horroshow696 he always makes good on US delivery's and he is a nice guy and a fair seller. Be warned not the best communication.

If you live in Canada or outside the US with xxbyaaahxx post about horrorshow696 it makes 3 Canadians including myself I know about who have had the exact same issue (lost package) with him. Leading me to believe that he has an issue with Canadian's or does not know how to ship to Canada.

I buy off the internet a fair amount. This was my first ever lost package out of hundreds of orders I have made through here, discogs, ebay, deadformat, etc.

I would love to hear anyone's thoughts especially horrorshow696's.

If you live in Canada or outside the US with xxbyaaahxx post about horrorshow696 it makes 3 Canadians including myself I know about who have had the exact same issue (lost package) with him. Leading me to believe that he has an issue with Canadian's or does not know how to ship to Canada.

Lol.

He's not the only dude like this (more good feedback but a few negatives and bad communication). Copper was another one but I think he eventually got banned. If I was making a deal with someone with similar feedback profile I would be comfortable buying (non-gift payment), make him send first if it was a trade, or make him pay as a gift if I was the seller. Covers myself on every front. If he didn't like it, oh well. I'll deal with someone else.

What the rest of the world does is there choice.

I covered my bases. I also would have used a forwarding service had I known more of the members track record prior to my transaction.

3 lost packages in a year all being shipped to Canada sets off a red flag for me.

Like I said though if you live in the US buy from this guy his prices are good and he never has any issues other than communication.

If he got his item back from the mail that was supposed to come to me and, wanted to make me a happy guy and sell it to me (again).

I would have him mail it to a forwarding service and pay the extra $40 bucks to make sure it gets to me.

Here is a summary of my transaction with horroshow696. Sorry if it is a bit long.

horrorshow696 contacted me offering to sell me an item I wanted we agreed on a price.

I then did not hear from him for about 2 weeks.

He then messaged me saying he was busy and would knock 10 dollars off are agreed price and include shipping.

About a week after that I asked if he had shipped he said he had.

At 40 days after payment I asked if he new anything about my item.

He filed a case with usps but it would take 7 business days.

My paypal coverage would expire in that time.

I suggested and did pay a second time and was refunded for the original payment.

About 2 weeks later horroshow696 informed me my item was lost in the mail.

He had insurance on it and was waiting for his refund to refund me.

I asked for any customs or tracking numbers to see if I could find the package from my side of the border.

He refused to give me any info and stated I was trying to scam him out of his money and the item.

I contacted a mod shitty rambo and showed him all of our communications.

He told me that I should not have to wait for horrorshow696 to get his money from usps, and said I should file a dispute with paypal if I still could.

I could and did after escalating to a claim horrorshow696 did refund my money.

In summary after about 60 days since original payment I was refunded. The item never came to me and horrorshow696 blocked me so I never found out if it made it back to him.

horrorshow696 if you read this let me know did you get your item back?

My thoughts on horrorshow696 are. If you live in the US order from horroshow696 he always makes good on US delivery's and he is a nice guy and a fair seller. Be warned not the best communication.

I buy off the internet a fair amount. This was my first ever lost package out of hundreds of orders I have made through here, discogs, ebay, deadformat, etc.

I would love to hear anyone's thoughts especially horrorshow696's.

nope didn't get the item back and blocked you because i was advised to do so by a mod on this board.

you are correct.

the buyer didn't pay or want to pay for an actual tracking number. to add one on this shipment would have been an extra $17 out of my pocket. I was under the impression that since the customs form # showed up on the USPS tracking site it would be good enough, but it only shows what happens in the US. Once it crosses the border there aren't any more updates.

I still have the customs form and the shipping receipt. I also informed the buyer at the time of shipment

In my defense, you exited the conversation without sending a shipped notification, and when asked for the customs number you never sent it.I had a refund within hours, paypal doesn't act that quick in trying to resolve stuff, usually takes a day or 2 for their actions, at least in my instances in the past. Everything you did was extremely shady. I just got burned by one other clown and everything you did pointed in that same direction, so I wasn;t going to sit around and wait longer when you looked extremely at fault. To this day you still have yet to send me the customs number, just basically told me it shows it hit the border when you looked it up, and if it shows up I should do the right thing and send you back the funds, which I honestly have no problem doing. I came back from camp last night and still no record. 

Not trying to call you a liar or scammer, but every action you took points in that direction. 

In my defense, you exited the conversation without sending a shipped notification, and when asked for the customs number you never sent it.I had a refund within hours, paypal doesn't act that quick in trying to resolve stuff, usually takes a day or 2 for their actions, at least in my instances in the past. Everything you did was extremely shady. I just got burned by one other clown and everything you did pointed in that same direction, so I wasn;t going to sit around and wait longer when you looked extremely at fault. To this day you still have yet to send me the customs number, just basically told me it shows it hit the border when you looked it up, and if it shows up I should do the right thing and send you back the funds, which I honestly have no problem doing. I came back from camp last night and still no record. 

Not trying to call you a liar or scammer, but every action you took points in that direction. 

sounds very familiar

PayPal tells me customs tracking info isn't good enough to refute his claim. So, I cut to the chase and gave him a refund.

Also this wasn't the explanation given when I asked why I got an immediate refund. You said that you needed to purchase something, and since I opened of the case paypal had froze your account, so you just elected to throw me the refund to get it handled with on the spot so you could purchase whatever it was you were after.

Anyone had any issues w/ Derek123?

I PM'd him after seeing this post  http://boards.vinylcollective.com/topic/90889-fs-anything-from-collection-anything/ and paid for a record on 26 Jul.  

After paying I have not heard anything back from him at all.  After messaging him several times I have escalated this to a PayPal claim.  

I can deal w/ him shipping the item slowly, but he at least needs to communicate with me.  Several other individuals are having similar issues w/ him according to the thread.

Anyone had any issues w/ Derek123?

I PM'd him after seeing this post  http://boards.vinylcollective.com/topic/90889-fs-anything-from-collection-anything/ and paid for a record on 26 Jul.  

After paying I have not heard anything back from him at all.  After messaging him several times I have escalated this to a PayPal claim.  

I can deal w/ him shipping the item slowly, but he at least needs to communicate with me.  Several other individuals are having similar issues w/ him according to the thread.

Sent him 40 bucks never shipped shit to me, guy is a piece of shit, lied about shipping

I bought Johnny Cash A Hundred Highways on 26 Jul. No messages or e-mails from him and no record.

I'm in Canada so it's not unheard of for things to take a couple weeks to get here. its been almost a month. When i first PMed Derek saying i paid it took almost a week for him to reply saying it shipped. So if anyones scared because hes been offline for a week, it happened to me and i Eventualy got a Response. So I'm hoping its just an issue with te post being slow/poor communication. Judging by the guys old posts he was at least at one point a legit seller, hopefully that's still the case.

Not sure if this has been answered but you just have to use canadapost.ca to track and it'll show where it goes once its crossed the border, same tracking number.

I'm in Canada so it's not unheard of for things to take a couple weeks to get here. its been almost a month. When i first PMed Derek saying i paid it took almost a week for him to reply saying it shipped. So if anyones scared because hes been offline for a week, it happened to me and i Eventualy got a Response. So I'm hoping its just an issue with te post being slow/poor communication. Judging by the guys old posts he was at least at one point a legit seller, hopefully that's still the case.

I hope you are right.  I would much rather have the record than a dispute w/ him/paypal.  I just figured after 13 days you could manage to communicate something with me about the transaction.