Terrible Traders/Buyers/Sellers

benchwarmer

Look guys, if neither party insures it, you're not getting money from the post office.

That said, a gentlemanly thing to do is to split the loss, especially since...

A) The buyer was willing to put so much trust in the deal to send the payment as a gift.

And

B) It doesn't sound like the seller OFFERED insurance that the buyer turned down specifically.

It's up to you guys to decide how to resolve it, but maybe both of you take this as a reminder to ALWAYS insure packages that are worth more than an hour's pay for you. As a buyer OR a seller.

Wasn't on this forum, but he might show up elsewhere. The seller "memorylame" on discogs. I paid immediately after receiving the invoice on august 16 and haven't heard from him since. I've sent 7 or 8 messages since then that have been ignored, including an unresponsive seller dispute with discogs.

He was paypal verified too, name is Ryan Johnson. So if you see [email protected] as a paypal email, cancel the transaction.

I feel bad posting this and it is with some hesitation but what is people's experience with Nick Kolothakis, who posts on these boards as crazydiamond. i didn't receive the items i paid him for weeks ago, and go figure the one item i have been disputing and haven't received on ebay is from the same guy. bad luck, but he seems to have done some trades in the past, but has not read my messages or even logged on in a couple months. 

I feel bad posting this and it is with some hesitation but what is people's experience with Nick Kolothakis, who posts on these boards as crazydiamond. i didn't receive the items i paid him for weeks ago, and go figure the one item i have been disputing and haven't received on ebay is from the same guy. bad luck, but he seems to have done some trades in the past, but has not read my messages or even logged on in a couple months.

Is it past the claim window? I would assume so, since you say "a couple of months." If so, you won't be receiving the records. I bought from him twice, and both times, it was a nightmare. Only reason I went to him a second time was because he had records I wanted for cheap, and I knew I could always file a claim. The name on the payments I sent him were remitted as "Herold Siering." I still remember that haha. First time, he sent me the record in a pizza box, and it took over 4 weeks to get them. I filed a claim, then boom. Records showed up. However, it was the wrong color. He refunded me in full and let me keep the record. Second time, I threatened to file a claim after a few weeks of no records and no contact. Again, I got the records after filing a claim. I didn't leave bad feedback because, in the end, I got what I paid for. However, I would never deal with him again.

Is it past the claim window? I would assume so, since you say "a couple of months." If so, you won't be receiving the records. I bought from him twice, and both times, it was a nightmare. Only reason I went to him a second time was because he had records I wanted for cheap, and I knew I could always file a claim. The name on the payments I sent him were remitted as "Herold Siering." I still remember that haha. First time, he sent me the record in a pizza box, and it took over 4 weeks to get them. I filed a claim, then boom. Records showed up. However, it was the wrong color. He refunded me in full and let me keep the record. Second time, I threatened to file a claim after a few weeks of no records and no contact. Again, I got the records after filing a claim. I didn't leave bad feedback because, in the end, I got what I paid for. However, I would never deal with him again.

Damn, well he really fucked me over hard, unfortunately I was traveling and couldn't verify if I did or did not get the package, he lucked out by being an asshole at the right time I guess. 

Damn, well he really fucked me over hard, unfortunately I was traveling and couldn't verify if I did or did not get the package, he lucked out by being an asshole at the right time I guess. 

Really sorry to hear this. One tip I'd have for you - always keep a list of what you have incoming, and put a date next to them that is 30 days after purchase date. When that date hits, if you still haven't received the record, open the claim. Sometimes it's easy to lose track of things when you've got multiple incoming items, and this is one effective way to manage it. Lesson learned, I suppose.

Shit, that STILL hasn't gotten there? Ughhhhhh. This all sucks because the delays caused by USPS make me look even worse.

Don't sweat it man. Once I ordered a record from some dude in northern California. Instead of going to the major usps hub in Los Angeles it went a llllllllllllll the way to New Jersey then to Texas THEN to LA then finally to San Diego. The stupidest crap ever. But

people need to understand this happens!!!

Really sorry to hear this. One tip I'd have for you - always keep a list of what you have incoming, and put a date next to them that is 30 days after purchase date. When that date hits, if you still haven't received the record, open the claim. Sometimes it's easy to lose track of things when you've got multiple incoming items, and this is one effective way to manage it. Lesson learned, I suppose.

thank you for the tip, i was traveling abroad so i was putting more faith in the seller than i should've, can't believe this guy screwed me on both records though. he had good feedback and a big post count, i think on my old accnt i had even done a deal with him, i guess that's how nick kolokadis does things. 

Hi I would like the boards opinion. I made a deal with a guy on the boards for 3 records. He said he would do $100 ppd in the US. I live in Canada and offered $110 ppd. He accepted.  A few days later he sent me this message.

"ok so here's the breakdown. I wanted $35 a pop per record. That'd be $105. $37 added to that is $142. I'm not lying about the shipping to get more money either! Sucks :/ so you'd have to send over an additional $32"

I offered an additional $25 I think I'm being reasonable.

What do you think?

Hi I would like the boards opinion. I made a deal with a guy on the boards for 3 records. He said he would do $100 ppd in the US. I live in Canada and offered $110 ppd. He accepted. A few days later he sent me this message.

"ok so here's the breakdown. I wanted $35 a pop per record. That'd be $105. $37 added to that is $142. I'm not lying about the shipping to get more money either! Sucks :/ so you'd have to send over an additional $32"

I offered an additional $25 I think I'm being reasonable.

What do you think?

Shipping to Canada can be very pricey. I'm not sure about $37 pricey though.

Regardless, it is up to you and your seller to determine shipping costs before payment is made. Doing it the way you have has ruined any transparency in the matter.

Me, I'd say okay I'll send the $37 AFTER you send me the USPS mailing receipt with my tracking info on it that states the shipping cost is $37. That will keep him honest. It's given with every transaction at the post office. He will be able to get one easy as cake if his cost quote is legit.

I believe his quote shipping to Canada is pricey. I was under the impression ppd meant including shipping. If so he agreed to sell and ship for $110 before getting a shipping quote, and must have thought shipping would be pretty cheap.

I have agreed to pay the extra money. It just seems to me if you make a deal you should honour it.

What do you think?

Agreeing ppd, without establishing shipping destination is tricky. However it gives you the starting point. If shipping in US is $x and you agree $100ppd based on US internal shipping then you simply ask (as agreetodisagree says) for the postage receipt. Then you send him the amount on the receipt MINUS the $x it would have been for US shipping as that is what would have been included if you were in the US.

$37 for 3 LPs is what I pay for shipping to the UK, not sure about US to CAN costs, but it seems high.

Let us know how it works out.

Has anyone won anything on ebay from "orsomethingnow"? He listed a few records last week, everything got sold but he has still 0 feedback.

I won a 7" and it's 10 days I'm waiting for a shipping quote.

After 10 days he wouldn't be seeing any of my money.  I'd move on and spend your cash w/ another seller.

I bought a 120$ copy of 69 love songs from horrorshow696 3 weeks ago and im yet to receive any contact from him after trying multiple times / the record. Any advice on what to do ( i got way to comfortable with great sellers or this site to i sent it as a gift before looking into him ) / is it safe to say i got scammed ?

I bought a 120$ copy of 69 love songs from horrorshow696 3 weeks ago and im yet to receive any contact from him after trying multiple times / the record. Any advice on what to do ( i got way to comfortable with great sellers or this site to i sent it as a gift before looking into him ) / is it safe to say i got scammed ?

I hope you did not get burned.  You may want to review this thread which deals w/ gifting payments.

http://boards.vinylcollective.com/topic/91320-paypal-seller-fees-and-not-gifting-payments/?hl=gifting

I remember some people have had issues with 'damianzamora'. He used to be a very active member here but he only seems to lurk now.

He had a Discogs account that he sold through and it looks like he got a bunch of negatives so he's no longer selling on that account:

http://www.discogs.com/sell/seller_feedback/damianzamora

I noticed this seller on Discogs and based on the name, it's most likely him:

http://www.discogs.com/seller/dzamora33

Just wanted to make this post just in case. Wouldn't want anyone here to get burned by this guy.

yes. very safe to say. i have said it over and over and over again. the dude is a scammer.