Terrible Traders/Buyers/Sellers

benchwarmer

discogs username "moonloop2" from UK, 100% feedback, sent two records to him and here is the flake's response:

From discogs private message:

Hi don. I'm fuming here!! I have to pay a customs charge of £28 to collect your package!!! What a joke. Probably not your fault but why am I liable for this? I think I will let the 21 days expire and it will be sent back to you. I cannot afford these charges and refuse to pay. Presuming you may not want to reimburse me I will contact discogs and find out my rights. A couple of weeks ago I had to pay £16 for another record from the states. I'm so mad. What do you think?

What do I think? paraphrased indirectly in my reply: you're an idiot and a lunatic, possibly a scammer, acknowledging the package arrived but didn't learn a lesson about YOUR OWN COUNTRY'S CUSTOM LAWS the previous time...

Flake.

avoid like the plague.

"moonloop2"

Haha, what the heck is wrong with people?!

I'm ALWAYS fuming when I receive package outside Europe because I have to pick them up at customs and pay for it (in most cases)...but what the hell does this guy think? What a douche...I wouldn't pay back the shipping costs which you already paid. In the end he'd probably be better off when paying the customs fees...

• 3 weeks later...

discogs username "moonloop2" from UK, 100% feedback, sent two records to him and here is the flake's response:

From discogs private message:

Hi don. I'm fuming here!! I have to pay a customs charge of £28 to collect your package!!! What a joke. Probably not your fault but why am I liable for this? I think I will let the 21 days expire and it will be sent back to you. I cannot afford these charges and refuse to pay. Presuming you may not want to reimburse me I will contact discogs and find out my rights. A couple of weeks ago I had to pay £16 for another record from the states. I'm so mad. What do you think?

What do I think? paraphrased indirectly in my reply: you're an idiot and a lunatic, possibly a scammer, acknowledging the package arrived but didn't learn a lesson about YOUR OWN COUNTRY'S CUSTOM LAWS the previous time...

Flake.

avoid like the plague.

"moonloop2"

Moonloop2 might be a dick, but Don (drds89) himself is fucking fantastic. Noting but good things to say about this guy.

Post here to give a heads up on on shitty people on the internet.

Use this as a template/example (use specifics!):

That is not good, I am a Ebay seller and have been for nearly 15 years, it is paramount to keep customers happy, informed at all times, occasionally we make mistakes we are human and when errors occur these are dealt with immediately.

• 4 weeks later...

User: Five-stars on Discogs.

PP addy: [email protected]

BEEE-WARE!!!!!!!!!!!!!

From Discogs:

Hello (user),

We are contacting you to advise that a recent review of a seller you have a current order with, Five-stars, indicates they are currently not able to fulfill marketplace orders, or may be engaged in marketplace fraud. This seller's account remains suspended from the marketplace indefinitely due to their activity.

At this time, if you have paid for the order, we strongly encourage you to contact your payment method provider (PayPal, credit card, etc) to file a refund request. If you have not paid for the order, simply leave a message on the order page that you wish to cancel.

Our support staff will be happy to assist with any questions. Thank you!

• 1 month later...

ReanDoe444 from deadformat.  

We worked out a deal on JULY 25th for a couple of records, with a total price of $25, including priority shipping.  Constant communication throughout on deadformat.  

I received an email this morning, more than TWO MONTHS later from paypal, saying that he issued a charge back with his credit card company, stating that he never authorized the payment.

All I could reply with in the dispute is the original paypal receipt, with him saying 'Thanks again' in the notes, and our whole deadformat conversation, with time stamps, carrying out the whole thing, from deciding on price, him stating he sent the $25, me stating I sent the record out, and what the tracking number was, and him stating he received the record.

Why out of the blue he decides to do this, who knows.  What a chump.

User: rspkt on Discogs & on Vinyl Collective

Name: Matt V

Item Bought: Toe Boxset ($300)

I had previously posted about my dealing with Matt (rspkt) a few months ago, due to his lack of communication regarding me not receiving the item which I ordered and paid for in February of this year so now nearly 8 months ago, when we agreed to go ahead with this deal Matt came back to me with a quote for Tracked & Insured shipping for $68.85 (Below quoted from out Discogs Message)

Ok, so I got your shipping quote. Looks like it's a little better than I expected but it's still not cheap. The best option for both of us is Express International Mail which includes tracking and also $200 insurance included (which covers the entire cost of this item which is great) at $68.85. Main reason it's so expensive (sorta) is because this is a rather heavy box set. It's kind of equivalent to shipping about 6-8 records or so in terms of weight comparison. Based on that is why I think it's a pretty good deal."

​By March 19th I had contacted Matt to say that I had still not received the box set, Matt at first was helpful and stated that he actually had another copy of the Boxset and would ship this one off for me and that I should let him know as and when I receive it.

​On April 1st Matt then e-mailed me to say that the ORIGINAL package had arrived back to him and that he wanted to confirm my shipping address, which I did (please keep in mind I receive various packages from around the world on a weekly basis to the same address to include items from Canada, US, China, Japan and Australia with NO issues).

Now after that last correspondence is when things started to go quiet on Matt's side, from April 09th - May 20th I had sent Matt 5 e-mails asking for help and assistance and I had still not received any items or even a delivery note through the door, Matt eventually answered on May 21st stating:

I got your contact. I'm working so I'll try and respond when I have free time. Apologies for the delay.

- Matt 

After that e-mail on May 21st I again had no reply to any e-mail until June 29th, with Matt e-mailing me with the below (Please note the second paragraph which contradicts what Matt had originally told me regarding shipping):

Philip,

Apologies for not responding. I've been attempting to figure out the best solution for this very odd problem.

Currently, I have inquired with USPS multiple times and cannot track the package due to there being no tracking information and also because it's international there is little they can do to locate and/or refund the cost to me. This also means I cannot recover the package either.

I cannot in good faith issue a full refund since I cannot file any insurance claim or know what happened to this package because it was shipped internationally. I have never had any packages lost in my past experience and it does seem strange to me that such an expensive item goes missing. I'm NOT trying to accuse you of anything, just rather saying that it is quite abnormal to my past experience and really leaves me with little options with the loss.

I know this isn't what you want to hear but I'm not sure what to do. I do not like saying that I can't offer a full refund because all I want is both of us to be satisfied and obviously this situation is going to leave us at odds. I'm open to continued discussion with you so hopefully we can come to some mutually agreeable resolution.

- Matt

My response to this at the time was as follows:

Hi Matt,

Thank you for the reply, I understand your concern and also as a seller/buyer myself I do understand the predicament, it’s just strange considering I receive goods from EU, US, Japan and further afield on a daily basis without incident using the same paypal address as to how a package can just go missing.

Since the purchase was made and the time gone by obviously I’m at a loss, if I was in anyway a scammer of some sort I would have made a claim via paypal well before the 44 day grace period but in good faith I waited it out so we could deal with this one on one.

Since the item was a no show I have since procured a copy of the boxset (No. 106/207) also through Discogs from the US, please see attached copies of the Discogs order/payment made to seller Seth33.

Could we not come to some agreement on maybe something like a 50/50 split on a refund?

Cheers,

Phil

Note that I had grown so tired of waiting I had procured the Boxset from another Discogs seller (With no issues) I had even tried to come to some agreement so we both weren't at a complete loss.

Matt responded with the following (Please note the second paragraph, he is also mentioning the fact that I had put a negative review up on VC regarding him):

Philip,

I understand you've gotten records from various countries without issue. The same has been true for me as well but I've also experienced items being lost in the mail before, both domestically and internationally. Even with tracking it seems these items can be misplaced from time to time. I have a literally flawless feedback record on eBay, Discogs, VC, etc. so I don't think it's fair to claim I'm a scammer via VC's "terrible traders/buyers/sellers" thread which I just noticed this morning. That's pretty harsh.

I shipped out the set with the shipping method we both agreed upon which unfortunately didn't include tracking or anything since you didn't request it. In retrospect, I should have required it. It's hard for me to be responsible for what happens to the package in transit since that is entirely out of my control. I would imagine you'd understand this. You can't really take that kind of comment back once it's been said and now I look like the bad guy regardless of it being my fault or not. Doesn't really seem fair since I did everything I was asked and because of a shipping error that's out of my control, you're making other people believe I'm a scammer when I did everything by the book as I have with every other sale I've made and flawless feedback for.

How am I supposed to go forward? Even with a partial refund, you're still making me look like the bad guy here because of your comments.

- Matt

​After that e-mail I then responded with the below quoting what we had agreed on regarding tacked and insured shipping:

Hi Matt,

I felt I needed to post that in the forum due to the lack of communication, I had tried and tried in various means to contact you but with no reply (except for a 1 liner saying you’re busy at work) and I was seeing that you were posting usually daily on the VC forum which as you can imagine from my point of view was annoying and almost felt as though I was been purposely ignored, I have since deleted the forum post which I hope is to your satisfaction.

The shipping method we both agreed on was as quoted by yourself inclusive of tracking/insurance, see below from our correspondence via Discogs dated 03rd February 2014:

Ok, so I got your shipping quote. Looks like it's a little better than I expected but it's still not cheap. The best option for both of us is Express International Mail which includes tracking and also $200 insurance included (which covers the entire cost of this item which is great) at $68.85. Main reason it's so expensive (sorta) is because this is a rather heavy box set. It's kind of equivalent to shipping about 6-8 records or so in terms of weight comparison. Based on that is why I think it's a pretty good deal.

Either way, I have the box set bubble wrapped and packed very securely so if you're interested please let me know and we can get the ball rolling on this. In fact, if you want to place the order directly through me via PayPal, you'd be saving me about $20 in Discogs sale fees and the order would still be covered under PayPal's protection programs on top of the insurance that it would carry as well. Let me know!
- Matt”

Due to the above there was even an instance in the below e-mail trail where I asked you for a tracking number (29th March 2014) which you did not reply to, so going from the above and the $68 I paid for P&P as far as I was aware we were both covered?

Cheers,

Phil

Since that last e-mail which was sent on June 06th communication with Matt has once again dried up with no real response or solution to these issues, as it stands I'm currently $300 out of pocket with no end in site.

Sorry for the length of this but I felt it was needed due to the length of time this has been dragging on and the constant back tracking regarding tracked and insured shipping.

Name: Matt VanHaaften

I had previously posted about my dealing with Matt (rspkt) a few months ago, due to his lack of communication regarding me not receiving the item which I ordered and paid for in February of this year so now nearly 8 months ago, when we agreed to go ahead with this deal Matt came back to me with a quote for Tracked & Insured shipping for $68.85 (Below quoted from out Discogs Message)

​By March 19th I had contacted Matt to say that I had still not received the box set, Matt at first was helpful and stated that he actually had another copy of the Boxset and would ship this one off for me and that I should let him know as and when I receive it.

​On April 1st Matt then e-mailed me to say that the ORIGINAL package had arrived back to him and that he wanted to confirm my shipping address, which I did (please keep in mind I receive various packages from around the world on a weekly basis to the same address to include items from Canada, US, China, Japan and Australia with NO issues).

Now after that last correspondence is when things started to go quiet on Matt's side, from April 09th - May 20th I had sent Matt 5 e-mails asking for help and assistance and I had still not received any items or even a delivery note through the door, Matt eventually answered on May 21st stating:

After that e-mail on May 21st I again had no reply to any e-mail until June 29th, with Matt e-mailing me with the below (Please note the second paragraph which contradicts what Matt had originally told me regarding shipping):

Note that I had grown so tired of waiting I had procured the Boxset from another Discogs seller (With no issues) I had even tried to come to some agreement so we both weren't at a complete loss.

Matt responded with the following (Please note the second paragraph, he is also mentioning the fact that I had put a negative review up on VC regarding him):

​After that e-mail I then responded with the below quoting what we had agreed on regarding tacked and insured shipping:

Since that last e-mail which was sent on June 06th communication with Matt has once again dried up with no real response or solution to these issues, as it stands I'm currently $300 out of pocket with no end in site.

Sorry for the length of this but I felt it was needed due to the length of time this has been dragging on and the constant back tracking regarding tracked and insured shipping.

All international mail from the USPS includes tracking. All of it. It might not track all the way there, but it at least shows when it leaves the US.

Unless I'm missing some information, dude sounds like a scam.

As I said, Phil and I already discussed this just the other day and I was awaiting his direct response. I've given him all my personal information, which I was hoping he would keep private, and he has every means to directly reach me when he decides to. I have stated my desire to send him money as well to resolve this.

I'm going to keep this matter between me and him. I understand your interest and that's cool but understand I'm not sharing information on this public website either, period. I know that probably makes me look bad but I'd prefer to keep things between me and Phil and I hope you can appreciate that.

Sounds to me like you need to dig out the customs receipt that you got when you shipped and look for the 13 digit code. You should have kept this as iit would be the only way to prove shipping so you surely have this. Then you can just scan that in and sent to Philipp. He can then use his domestic tracking and see where it is. This is regardless of what service you have purchased. Custom number alone is enough.

One of you is dodging the issue, only you guys know who. And the one who is better documented is likely the one telling the truth.

No need to share anything on here right now, talk amongst yourself. I am pretty sure this comes back here anyway via one of you if it is not resolved...

Name: Matt VanHaaften

This is bullshit. Express priority (EMS) issues a tracking number. It's pretty much the safest and quickest way to send things. Also, Matt saying that he had an extra $300 box set and would send that to you and then leading you on and on while playing nice.. I heard this song before to the tune of negative $500. The onus of proof is on Matt for not providing the tracking info.

Hi guys,

I'am currently dealing with Matt over e-mail since I posted this review, yes I can confirm that he has given me a direct phone number to call him but I personally don't see where that would get us plus I'm in the UK and only use a mobile so I don't want to be looking at bills for international call rates, I'm beyond frustrated at this now.

But saying that, the review and everything I've wrote is factual and has a documented time line, I felt I needed to go into detail and provide substantial proof as people would probably find the whole situation hard to believe, I personally think I've been patient enough and lenient with Matt over the last 8 month's, but as far as I'm concerned it has now reached a point were I felt in the dark and needed to vent my growing frustration and get some sort of closure on this, and I felt that the only way I would succeed in that was to write that review knowing Matt is an active user on these forums.

Cheers,

Phil

This is bullshit. We were just discussing this the other day before you posted this. YOU have not responded since. I even gave you my telephone number so you could contact me directly! DO NOT post that information on this public website... and don't lie about me not doing my best to keep in contact with you.

Matt,

I'm not wanting to start a shouting match or spat with you here, but facts are facts between me sending e-mail after e-mail asking questions and just looking for a general update it has usually taking you a month or in most cases even longer to get back to me.

May I also point out that another cause of my frustration was that I could see you were using the VC on usually a daily basis posting in various topics, which as you can imagine had left me feeling ignored, I even tried to PM you on here, but again no response.

Can I also point out that I can not believe you have the cheek to call me out in the above post for not answering an e-mail which is only a day old!

Yes you e-mailed me the day of this review, I will admit that, regarding sorting out some sort of refund, but even then that was the first e-mail I had received from you since June/July when I received a 1 liner saying you had been ill with flu.

Also can I highlight that you have stated to me that you are now selling other items to cover my refund, all you had to do was write me a brief e-mail explaining this and that would of sufficed and probably put my mind at ease for a while longer, but NO the first I knew about this was when I woke up yesterday to find that you were selling "another copy" of the Toe Boxset on Discogs, needless to say I was shocked at this and as far as I was concerned my patience had finally ran out.

Surely people can see, including you Matt, why my frustration had finally boiled over and I felt that this review had to be written?

Cheers,

Phil

"I'm not wanting to start a shouting match or spat with you here". Your above post and your lack of responses to me seems to indicate otherwise. I've tried to directly contact you and have twice now offered to get this resolved by sending you money. Your solution? Ignore that and post on VC. Makes sense. You want this fixed? Respond to my attempt to pay you back instead of turning this stupid fucking situation into a god damn show for everyone else. These "tactics", as you so eloquently referred to them, are not getting either one of us closer to a resolution and likely just pissing both of us off even further.

Also, and I shouldn't even have to justify this, but owning a couple copies of something isn't unheard of or fucking impossible. Stop acting like this is a one-of-a-kind item and that's physically fucking impossible to accomplish.

You have all my contact info and I've offered to send you money. Period.

I'm done doing this here. It's turning this stupid situation into a complete shit show where all my feedback and good experiences with other sellers is now rendered almost entirely moot by your shit comments. You want to paint me out to be a prick then fucking go for it man. Whatever floats your boat. I'm happy that at least one person here decided to say their experiences with me were fantastic and they don't consider me some type of fucking thief or scam artist. I stand by my feedback across the board. Not one bad or negative comment up until you came along.

"I'm not wanting to start a shouting match or spat with you here". Your above post and your lack of responses to me seems to indicate otherwise. I've tried to directly contact you and have twice now offered to get this resolved by sending you money. Your solution? Ignore that and post on VC. Makes sense. You want this fixed? Respond to my attempt to pay you back instead of turning this stupid fucking situation into a god damn show for everyone else. These "tactics", as you so eloquently referred to them, are not getting either one of us closer to a resolution and likely just pissing both of us off even further.

Also, and I shouldn't even have to justify this, but owning a couple copies of something isn't unheard of or fucking impossible. Stop acting like this is a one-of-a-kind item and that's physically fucking impossible to accomplish.

You have all my contact info and I've offered to send you money. Period.

I'm done doing this here. It's turning this stupid situation into a complete shit show where all my feedback and good experiences with other sellers is now rendered almost entirely moot by your shit comments. You want to paint me out to be a prick then fucking go for it man. Whatever floats your boat. I'm happy that at least one person here decided to say their experiences with me were fantastic and they don't consider me some type of fucking thief or scam artist. I stand by my feedback across the board. Not one bad or negative comment up until you came along.

Sorry, but you cursing and trying to angrily point the finger back at him just makes you look worse, dude. If you want to keep it private, then keep it private and don't feed fuel to the fire. Give him the tracking or the partial refund or whatever and just stop posting in here. He's been civil this whole time, and your post just escalated the tone of the conversation to aggressive very quickly.