Terrible Traders/Buyers/Sellers

benchwarmer

Made a bad experience with Vassilis Tserpes from Greece aka Flashbackstore over at discogs!

Bought Porcupine Tree's "Fear of a Blank Planet" PROMO record for 65€ only to find a regular version today (after my holidays) at home...I'll get my money, but nevertheless, I'm pretty disappointed:

1.) Because the description clearly said "PROMO & BLUE/BLACK MARBLED" and he intentionally "chose" the wrong edition in discogs;

2.) Because he could clearly see from the sticker on the shrink, that this is NOT the Promo version

3.) Because the price he set is intentionally chosen for the marbled or promo version because the regular version can be found at around 25€.

I see that alot of with Euro Brick and Mortars

ALSO not record related but if you ever feel like buying INK for your printer avoid HOUSEOFTONERS like the black plague. Pieces of shit ink last for 10 minutes and runs out.

Quick update, people may be interested in knowing that my situation with RSPKT is still on going, now 12 months since the original purchase, sent further e-mails last year and also in the new year with again NO response, still $300 out of pocket with no light at the end of the tunnel (Page 90-91 for original post).

Damn dude, I saw the original posts, that fucking blows.

• 1 month later...

Just thought I'd put a word out on Derrick Cook, I ordered a record from him in October and never received it until around December-January, PayPal email [email protected]

Dude will take months on end to ship, and usually doesn't ship until he's called out publicly. He'll do some sob stories to buy him some time (don't have a car, going through some shit, grandma died, claiming his PO sucks, etc). He's ripped off a ton of people before, but will say "but people get their stuff!!" even if he doesn't ship for months and/or item becomes damaged (in addition, he sent my record in just a mailer with no cardboard or bubble reinforcement, as well as the record placed inside the jacket, and he insists records will always come fine that way and refuses to ship any other way). He's taken 6 months to ship an item before, and even only sent half of the order, and didn't refund until he was called out. I think the only group he's currently active in is the FB group Merch Swap (Buy, Sell, Trade!), but I may be wrong. Usually when he posts items for sale there, he gets called out on his frequent bullshit in the comments thankfully. He also insists on gifting payments. Just an all around shitty seller.

Just thought I'd put a word out on Derrick Cook, I ordered a record from him in October and never received it until around December-January, PayPal email [email protected]

He also insists on gifting payments. Just an all around shitty seller.

Screw that clown. If someone prefers a gifted payment, fine, but if the seller doesn't give the buyer the option to not gift and pay the difference I'd take my money elsewhere.

WHY would anyone gift to someone they don't know? You have ZERO recourse. Yeah, I understand there are good sellers in here with a ton of positive feedback, but it's still not wise the vast majority of the time imo.

Dude will take months on end to ship, and usually doesn't ship until he's called out publicly. He'll do some sob stories to buy him some time (don't have a car, going through some shit, grandma died, claiming his PO sucks, etc). He's ripped off a ton of people before, but will say "but people get their stuff!!" even if he doesn't ship for months and/or item becomes damaged (in addition, he sent my record in just a mailer with no cardboard or bubble reinforcement, as well as the record placed inside the jacket, and he insists records will always come fine that way and refuses to ship any other way). He's taken 6 months to ship an item before, and even only sent half of the order, and didn't refund until he was called out. I think the only group he's currently active in is the FB group Merch Swap (Buy, Sell, Trade!), but I may be wrong. Usually when he posts items for sale there, he gets called out on his frequent bullshit in the comments thankfully. He also insists on gifting payments. Just an all around shitty seller.

Screw that clown. If someone prefers a gifted payment, fine, but if the seller doesn't give the buyer the option to not gift and pay the difference I'd take my money elsewhere.

WHY would anyone gift to someone they don't know? You have ZERO recourse. Yeah, I understand there are good sellers in here with a ton of positive feedback, but it's still not wise the vast majority of the time imo.

I purchased from him, and refused to gift.  Sorry, but i'll cover the fees to cover my ass.  Also, it took forever to get my shit, and it came sandwiched between two pieces of cardboard, no protection.  There were others who didn't get their stuff for months who bought stuff on the same day.

Yeah that guy was an absolute mess to deal with. Worst dude I've dealt with bar none. Seems sociopathic to me because his absolute lack of remorse, accountability, or apologetic gesture.

The kicker for me was when it had been long enough and he had given enough excuses. I asked for a refund and said I was out. He responded 'sorry, I don't do refunds'.

Fuck off, you twit.

Just got a charge back from this piece of work - 

• Younes Jamai
  • 78 avenue fal ould oumeir n 10 Agdal
    Rabat 10080
    Morocco
  • +212603639731
  • [email protected]

He ordered a record from me in March and sent me a charge back yesterday. He also had the nerve to place another order from me the next day, which I of course canceled. 

Morocco?!?! There's your problem....

I'd been shipping worldwide for the past 5 years with no issues. Within the past year and a half though I've had issues with Italy, Brazil and now Morocco so I no longer ship to those countries. It's not just outside the country though, I've had 3 charge backs from US orders within the past 3 months, it's getting ridiculous. 

• 3 weeks later...

Didn't know where to post this question but I'm currently looking to buy something off discogs from a new seller that only has this one record I want for about $400. Since it's so much money I'm hesitant about buying it but I should be protected in the case I don't receive the record right? Should I do it? Should I ask for pictures with his username in it?

Didn't know where to post this question but I'm currently looking to buy something off discogs from a new seller that only has this one record I want for about $400. Since it's so much money I'm hesitant about buying it but I should be protected in the case I don't receive the record right? Should I do it? Should I ask for pictures with his username in it?

You should be safe if you're paying with Paypal, but pictures would probably still be a good idea. 

Italy and Brazil are well know for Their terrible mail systems.

I find Italian sellers to great, though. Always good deals to be found in Italy because people are too afraid to buy.

I've only had one problem. The seller said the post office shattered the record and it was returned to him. He promptly refunded my payment.

Avoid this buyer man from France:

Lougarre Julien
11 Rue Barbanegre
Auch 3200
France
phone: 061694322

Opened a case because I didn't respond to an email within one day. Which we're on two completely different time zones. And his shit is already shipped out. He is on Discogs lougarre7

He's a piece of shit because he knows that Customs Forms can't be pasted to the "tracking info" when you go to "resolution center" thus ultimately you have to call PayPal. Ask for "resolution center' on the automated message then go request "Agent". Then you have to ask for the highest person to contact on resolution center so they can give you an email then you insert your photograph and proof of shipment receipt. 

• 2 weeks later...

Just want to throw it out there that you should avoid any trading with  nelso330. This guy was supposed to swap a free disc with me on April 7th, and I sent out what I agreed to the day after making the deal but still to this day have not received what I was promised in return. It was just a disc I received for free for purchasing another item on Caldo Verde, but still to be lied to and ripped off is the point all together no matter the monetary value large or small. All I wanted was to trade a disc he offered up to begin with, but was continually promised extras and all kinds of other things for my wait, but I never wanted more than was originally agreed to. Please don't let this person get over on you as well.

and this is why I'll never ship internationally without mandatory tracking again. 

***asked to pay as gift because of post count/activeness on the boards, and being international to protect myself as if a claim like this was EVER made. Buyer did not ask for tracking/insurance. It's not my responsibility to provide that on international orders.

Hi,

Buyer beware, Seller on here Satan...email/paypal [email protected]

Bought a Marilyn Manson vinyl for $120US off him and never turned up after almost 2months.

Part of my own fault is that he asked me to pay by gift and as i don't use paypal often now realise this was a stupid mistake so can't claim a refund as he won't even offer me a part refund, Telling me its my own fault for not choosing insurance and accused me of trying to rip him off by saying how does he not know i have the vinyl already which is why he only wants people to pay as gifts.

Looking back through of conversation, took him about a week longer to send then when he said he would (if he did at all, never had a package go missing ever)

Bad mistake on my part with paypal, as well but just wanting to warn others.

Thanks

Satan is a respected member of the boards and a terrific buyer, seller, and trader. You had a bad experience, but it sounds like it was your fault for not getting tracking or insurance.

I thought that the package is the seller's responsibility until it is delivered and that insurance is there to minimize the seller's risk when shipping, not the buyer's. Is there a set of 'rough streets' VC rules that puts all risk on the buyer (gift payment, no tracking, insurance is buyer's choice/gamble)?

I thought that the package is the seller's responsibility until it is delivered and that insurance is there to minimize the seller's risk when shipping, not the buyer's. Is there a set of 'rough streets' VC rules that puts all risk on the buyer (gift payment, no tracking, insurance is buyer's choice/gamble)?

That there is some eBay shit!  I think that here, the seller and the buyer should try and protect themselves the best they can.  Seems like Satan did his part to protect himself.  The buyer could have opted for tracking and/or insurance and chose not to.  The buyer could have also refused to send the money as a gift and not went through with the transaction.  Those are just my thoughts though.

Satan is a respected member of the boards and a terrific buyer, seller, and trader. You had a bad experience, but it sounds like it was your fault for not getting tracking or insurance.

Yeah, it sucks that he didn't get his record, and the carrier failed to deliver it, but I completely agree. Buyers fault for not asking for insurance and tracking. Hopefully he at least learns from this.

I always require a buyer to pay for tracking and insurance with any record over $40. I don't want to get played or be fucked by the carrier. I ask for tracking insurance when purchasing a record over $40 as well. I'm not taking a chance. I've learned my lesson years ago. Haha.