Terrible Traders/Buyers/Sellers

benchwarmer

sega4ever on discogs

I sent him record for 20 euro. Shipping 9 euro. I used oversized mailer, bubble-wrap and all the stuff you usually do to secure record.

Now he sent me gaziliard pictures of corner bump and seam splits on generic inner sleeves.

And made a paypal claim with request for a full refund with shipping cost.

What the fuck is going on with those people??

User austin_defalco is pretty meh, took my order and then wanted me to wait until he gets LP mailers shipped from Japan, which was like a month wait. He did offer to return my money but I said hold onto it and ship when you can. Then I messaged him after the date when he said he'd have them, and again a week after, and have still heard nothing. Having to resort to PayPal dispute to get my money back. I don't think he's a "terrible" seller, I think he just is forgetful and is bad at checking his messages.

• 2 weeks later...

Anyone else buy from the member drommusik on Discogs before? http://www.discogs.com/sell/seller_feedback/drommusik

Yes, same experience as everyone else. Thankfully, after opening a paypal claim my money was refunded to me. A shame though, I really wanted that record (tycho - awake (Beige)).

• 1 month later...

User austin_defalco is pretty meh, took my order and then wanted me to wait until he gets LP mailers shipped from Japan, which was like a month wait. He did offer to return my money but I said hold onto it and ship when you can. Then I messaged him after the date when he said he'd have them, and again a week after, and have still heard nothing. Having to resort to PayPal dispute to get my money back. I don't think he's a "terrible" seller, I think he just is forgetful and is bad at checking his messages.

There is something wrong with ordering mailers from Japan. Yes, there are kick ass mailers in Japan. But it's much cheaper to order locally, and you can just tape on cardboard to make a good mailer, as I posted in "how to ship a record" thread.

I've come here pretty much to just leave a complaint and to prevent you from falling for the same scum that I did.
In Ferbruary I've bought 5 vinyl records for 250 euros. The seller was a DJ from Germany, name Dietrich Thilo. He was going to send my package on 12th, but disappeared after I made the payment. After I submitted a complaint to PayPal, he contacted me and said he'd sent the records. I withdrew the complaint and closed the case. (which is why I can't file another complaint, PayPal has its own sort of double jeopardy).
When I received the records, turned out that 2 vinyl are damaged beyond repair, the terrible scratches made listening to them impossible. Note that all the records were claimed to be Mint, never played before, which was clearly not the case. When asked for a refund, he promised to send the money back by the March 14th, which he didn't. Three times he said he was going to give back the money, but then on the April 1st he said he won't make a reimbursement until I send back the vinyl. I have no intention to play along and lose the records as well as the money. Especially considering the fact that I was approached by another man who fell for this, and who can prove it as well as i do.

I would like to ask you to be cautious if you ever encounter this man, and I'd also like to ask you to suggest some sites or forums where I can leave the complaints as well. Thank you.

Even though this took place years ago, I feel I owe it to new members to explain what happened.

A few years back, I did something foolish. I was trying to circumvent the reserve fee on eBay. So I started my auction at something small, and used my wife's account (who had almost no feedback next to some feedback I gave her so she could get sales for her clothing auctions) to bid up to the reserve price I wanted. Why such a stupid move? Because years of eBaying showed me that things sell better when listed lower, but also you run a risk of selling what usually runs for $100 at $1 (that happened to me!)

So some guys here figured it out and called me out. I canceled the auction, apologized to everyone, promised never to do it again, and read up on shill bidding which I didn't know was a thing, but is no excuse. It is against regulations and I'm grateful no one reported me.

The bidder was pissed and never forgave me, that's fine. What I did was dishonest, wrong, and stupid. I'm grateful I got to learn the lesson so early. 

Some people though use it for ad hominem fuel to put me down.

This guy bought a sealed record from me on discogs a week ago and opened a paypal claim without even contacting me first. In the paypal claim it said the item "wasn't in working condition". Are you kidding me? The guy didn't even explain what happened to the record. It's obvious this guy is just a scammer and I'll be surprised if he sends the actual record back.

Here is his name - 

Joshua Pytlik
4608 Rhode Island Dr. apt.8
Austintown, OH, 44515
United States

Discogs user ID: JP33 - https://www.discogs.com/user/JP33

Looking at his feedback, it appears a couple other sellers had issues with this guy as well. 

Do you want us to go to his house and beat him up or something? Why post his home address on VC instead of filing a Discogs support request, reporting him to their staff and letting them handle it in an appropriate manner?

Have you just recently followed this thread? Plenty of people have posted addresses on here. Sometimes people use multiple addresses from the same city/state to continue scamming people. Lots of people in this community use discogs so I want them to be aware of this individual. 

• 2 weeks later...

Does eBay protect sellers?? This lady is coming at me because she is saying that the item came to her opened, scratched, and chipped. The item was in facted sealed and protected very well. She asked me for a $13 refund (paid $27)...I offered her $8. She didn't send me pictures of her recieveing the item opened, or scratched or chip. Anyways, I'm just venting. 

Just now, thetonysicilia said:

Does eBay protect sellers?? This lady is coming at me because she is saying that the item came to her opened, scratched, and chipped. The item was in facted sealed and protected very well. She asked me for a $13 refund (paid $27)...I offered her $8. She didn't send me pictures of her recieveing the item opened, or scratched or chip. Anyways, I'm just venting. 

Ebay uses paypal, and with paypal the buyer always wins. 

You can have them return everything for a full refund if you don't want to do a partial.