Terrible Traders/Buyers/Sellers

benchwarmer

1 hour ago, Dr.Kibbe said:

Yeah, I used the "Seller Not Responding" function... first time having to use it.... took the seller about an hour and a half, but they changed the order to "Payment Received". No communication other than that... guess we'll see what happens. Honestly, I don't mind waiting if something is up... just need some communication.

That is odd! The "reading into it" interpretation would be that it's kind of weak that they did the bare minimum required to thwart the Seller Not Responding function but who knows. I will say it doesn't sound like there is a realistic scenario where they have a reason for the delay that would make any customer satisfied but hopefully they'll eventually fulfill the order. If you haven't already, you can always send them another message and start the clock for another Seller Not Responding, in case it's needed. But I feel like you have probably open a support request at this stage if you get no updates in the next few days and skip the SNR process.

• 1 month later...

Hi guys and girls, firstly I'm not wanting to appear as I'm trampling over trodden ground here, but just want to offer an update on an experience I had with a seller on here which caused me to pretty much stop using the forum nearly 3 years ago, but lately I've started to stir and quietly make my way back.

Anyhow, I had a bad experience with a seller named Matt / RSPKT / raeinn (his new username) back in early 2014, I bought the Toe Boxset from him for $300 using PayPal, I never received any shipping info or tracking at the time which I was promised, needless to say, the boxset never turned up and I ended up purchasing from elsewhere after waiting months upon months, which went smoothly with another seller through Discogs (seth33), to-date I'm still out of pocket, I have obviously come to terms many moons ago that I will likely NEVER see any of that $300 ever again.

Just wanted to update as I had seen he'd changed his username sometime over the past few years and wanted to give people a heads up (See Page 90-91 for original posts).

Edited by roygbiv

• 2 weeks later...
On 12/8/2018 at 12:27 PM, roygbiv said:

Hi guys and girls, firstly I'm not wanting to appear as I'm trampling over trodden ground here, but just want to offer an update on an experience I had with a seller on here which caused me to pretty much stop using the forum nearly 3 years ago, but lately I've started to stir and quietly make my way back.

Anyhow, I had a bad experience with a seller named Matt / RSPKT / raeinn (his new username) back in early 2014, I bought the Toe Boxset from him for $300 using PayPal, I never received any shipping info or tracking at the time which I was promised, needless to say, the boxset never turned up and I ended up purchasing from elsewhere after waiting months upon months, which went smoothly with another seller through Discogs (seth33), to-date I'm still out of pocket, I have obviously come to terms many moons ago that I will likely NEVER see any of that $300 ever again.

Just wanted to update as I had seen he'd changed his username sometime over the past few years and wanted to give people a heads up (See Page 90-91 for original posts).

If you paid via PayPal how is it that you are still out $300?

• 2 weeks later...

Avoid 30RecordsLLC on discogs. Paid for a record 2+ weeks ago. Never responded to messages so I requested a refund, seeing numerous others on their feedback run into similar issues. Have had to resort to filing a paypal claim, but just a big waste of time. When I’ve done the seller not responding they respond that the refund is coming in order to get discogs off their back, but still nothing. 

• 3 months later...
  • 1 month later...

Don’t buy/sell to 

iamcameronvale on discogs.

guy purchased something from me, after a week when I messaged him and asked when he was sending payment he says oh I can’t send it for another week, so I canceled his order then he proceeds to leave me negative feedback stating I’m a flipper because I was selling the Friday the 13th part 2 soundtrack for $65 LOL.

ALSO most of his feedback he never ships people’s orders or pays for them. He’s a Scammer.

[email protected]

• 4 weeks later...

Callum Sunter from the UK also known as oldsoulvinyll on Discogs requested a 50%-100% refund on a record rated as VG because it came with a 2" seam split in transit. Then put in a PayPal claim. Said the package was loose and packed poorly despite being snug, taped on all sides with multiple cardboard protectors inside. No damage to the vinyl record whatsoever. The package was intercepted by customs so damage most likely came from them. A small paper tear doesn't deserve a claim, refund or negative feedback in my opinion but that's just me.

Dealing with buyers is a little like doing Jedi mind tricks sometimes. I’ve had to over apologize and be over sympathetic to walk some people off the ledge and back into a rational place where they’d accept a more realistic resolution. But some people are hellbent in doing things the hard way. I usually detach and cut off communication once they go full crazy or let me know they won’t accept anything but their unrealistic resolution. At that point, I let PayPal handle them and I just calmly provide my side of the situation to the claim and I’ve been lucky to never lose. Calling PayPal and speaking to someone is really helpful and better than simply writing a message via email or the resolution center. Sorry you had to deal with that buyer.

1 hour ago, Oblivions said:

Dealing with buyers is a little like doing Jedi mind tricks sometimes. I’ve had to over apologize and be over sympathetic to walk some people off the ledge and back into a rational place where they’d accept a more realistic resolution. But some people are hellbent in doing things the hard way. I usually detach and cut off communication once they go full crazy or let me know they won’t accept anything but their unrealistic resolution. At that point, I let PayPal handle them and I just calmly provide my side of the situation to the claim and I’ve been lucky to never lose. Calling PayPal and speaking to someone is really helpful and better than simply writing a message via email or the resolution center. Sorry you had to deal with that buyer.

I put in my detailed claim response and I'm hoping for the best. Thank you for your kind response. Do you think I should still reach out over phone to them?

9 minutes ago, N8TRU said:

I put in my detailed claim response and I'm hoping for the best. Thank you for your kind response. Do you think I should still reach out over phone to them?

In this case, I think the worst PayPal can do to you is make you offer a refund upon return. It’s not the best result for you but you do get the item back and you aren’t responsible for return shipping costs. Also, unless you sold it for a premium, the seam split on a VG record shouldn’t knock too much money off your next sale, if any.

If PayPal asks you to do anything more than that, that’s when I’d give them a call. 

All that said, unless the buyer chills out, you might end up with bad feedback. If avoiding bad feedback and getting customers to walk away and leave you alone is a higher priority than “being right!!!”, sometimes a more reasonable partial refund is worth your while. 50% is wack though. I’d offer $2-3 bucks or 5-10%, whichever is higher, at most.

Edited by Oblivions

1 minute ago, Oblivions said:

In this case, I think the worst PayPal can do to you is make you offer a refund upon return. It’s not the best result for you but you do get the item back and you aren’t responsible for return shipping costs. Also, unless you sold it for a premium, the seam split on a VG record shouldn’t knock too much money off your next sale, if any.

If PayPal asks you to do anything more than that, that’s when I’d give them a call. 

All that said, unless the buyer chills out, you might end up with bad feedback. If avoiding bad feedback is a higher priority than “being right!!!”, sometimes a more reasonable partial refund is worth your while. 50% is wack though. I’d offer $2-3 bucks or 5-10%, whichever is higher, at most.

I was thinking the same about the refund portion but this dude is not being reasonable whatsoever. I don't mind negative feedback because it's the only negative feedback I've ever gotten. Thanks again.

• 2 months later...
  • 11 months later...

Well, I'm not sure where else to air this grievance, but here goes. I bought the repress of Grassroots from Enjoy the Ride on 8/13 last year and received a damaged package on 8/20 that made it pretty clear the record would at the very least have a badly damaged jacket. I took pics and then opened the mailer and sure enough, it was bent. I emailed them immediately and didn't hear back. On 9/3 I followed up as I hadn't heard back yet. After that I'd either given up on hearing from them or forgotten, but either way, I knew that I had a dented jacket and figured it's an album I like so I'll just deal with it.

A little over a week ago I was going through records and pulled it out and despite it still being sealed it was very clear to me that the damage wasn't limited to cosmetic damage to the package, the record is almost assuredly snapped and unplayable. I went to my email to verify that it was never resolved and emailed them again asking for a replacement or a refund and their replay was very short:

"No 311 is long out of print 
Sent from my iPhone"

I wasn't very satisfied by that brief reply and they'd only addressed one way to make it right so I asked if I could be refunded. Their brief reply:

"From last year? No sorry 
Sent from my iPhone"

I wasn't happy with this because to me the reason it was never resolved in a timely manner was because they had not replied to my repeated attempt to get it taken care of. I tried one last time today and they told me: "Im sorry but we can not refund a defect you say from last year." which is not true. They can, but they won't. So that's where I am. I'm out the money and there's nothing I can do but warn everyone else.

I'm not saying they'll dick you over 100% of the time, because while that wasn't the first order I'd placed with them, it's definitely the reason why I will no longer be ordering from any of their three entities. I'll also plan to direct anyone to this cautionary tale whenever a pre-order pops up unless they decide to refund me in which case I'll let you all know that they were ultimately reasonable, but I don't expect that to happen. If you receive a damaged item from Looney Tunes, Enjoy The Ride Records, or Brookvale and receive a damaged item you will need to pester them to get a refund. I can't say the degree to which you'll need to pester them, but clearly two emails with pictures won't suffice.

Anyone else have a similarly bad experience?

spacer.png

spacer.png

9 minutes ago, mameeshkamowskwoz said:

Well, I'm not sure where else to air this grievance, but here goes. I bought the repress of Grassroots from Enjoy the Ride on 8/13 last year and received a damaged package on 8/20 that made it pretty clear the record would at the very least have a badly damaged jacket. I took pics and then opened the mailer and sure enough, it was bent. I emailed them immediately and didn't hear back. On 9/3 I followed up as I hadn't heard back yet. After that I'd either given up on hearing from them or forgotten, but either way, I knew that I had a dented jacket and figured it's an album I like so I'll just deal with it.

A little over a week ago I was going through records and pulled it out and despite it still being sealed it was very clear to me that the damage wasn't limited to cosmetic damage to the package, the record is almost assuredly snapped and unplayable. I went to my email to verify that it was never resolved and emailed them again asking for a replacement or a refund and their replay was very short:

"No 311 is long out of print 
Sent from my iPhone"

I wasn't very satisfied by that brief reply and they'd only addressed one way to make it right so I asked if I could be refunded. Their brief reply:

"From last year? No sorry 
Sent from my iPhone"

I wasn't happy with this because to me the reason it was never resolved in a timely manner was because they had not replied to my repeated attempt to get it taken care of. I tried one last time today and they told me: "Im sorry but we can not refund a defect you say from last year." which is not true. They can, but they won't. So that's where I am. I'm out the money and there's nothing I can do but warn everyone else.

I'm not saying they'll dick you over 100% of the time, because while that wasn't the first order I'd placed with them, it's definitely the reason why I will no longer be ordering from any of their three entities. I'll also plan to direct anyone to this cautionary tale whenever a pre-order pops up unless they decide to refund me in which case I'll let you all know that they were ultimately reasonable, but I don't expect that to happen. If you receive a damaged item from Looney Tunes, Enjoy The Ride Records, or Brookvale and receive a damaged item you will need to pester them to get a refund. I can't say the degree to which you'll need to pester them, but clearly two emails with pictures won't suffice.

Anyone else have a similarly bad experience?

edit: I think I got your timeline mixed up so my reply doesn't apply anymore. That's insane they never replied. I'm sure they saw your email and didn't want to deal with it. If you used a debit or credit card, definitely file a dispute and use your emails that were never answered in a timely manner.

Edited by N8TRU

1 hour ago, N8TRU said:

edit: I think I got your timeline mixed up so my reply doesn't apply anymore. That's insane they never replied. I'm sure they saw your email and didn't want to deal with it. If you used a debit or credit card, definitely file a dispute and use your emails that were never answered in a timely manner.

That's a good call and I should have my credit union look at it. I'll take blame for not remembering to follow up (a third time), but it always grinds my gears when the answer to a customer complaint is "we can't". There is nothing prohibiting them from taking care of me... it's a lack of desire to do so.

• 2 months later...

So, I've never had this happen before. A buyer named bill_1986 on Discogs ordered a record from me and about 24 hours later messaged me to cancel (so I did, no biggie whatever).  A couple of days later the same guy ordered 2 more records from me and asked to cancel AGAIN (so I did and also banned him from ordering from my store). Now today the same guy ordered a record from my eBay store (username laka8761) and cancelled AGAIN! Obviously this guy has no life and is just messing with me or it's a scam so I cancelled and banned him again. Do yourself a favor and just ban this guy from both platforms.

• 2 weeks later...
On 3/14/2018 at 8:00 AM, shenanigans said:

For anyone that missed the thread, I had a buyer contact me through Discogs about buying an expensive record. After shipping it to him he complained it was damaged and filed a dispute with paypal. Paypal decided he could return it for a refund. Paypal tracks the package and issues the refund when it is delivered. He sent me an empty box. Avoid! There's a thread about it here 

Ryan La Rue

Colton, Oregon

https://www.discogs.com/user/Skeletal-Life

https://www.facebook.com/ryan.larue.946

He did it to me, as well. Two days ago on Discogs. Block and spread the word. If you're on Discogs and have been a victim of him, PLEASE open a Support Request and give evidence.

• 10 months later...

It has been reported new user @Dalecasey

has contacted a member offering a sale, but would not provide photos and wanted to use unprotected payment methods (cashapp/apple pay), when pressed by the buyer to provide photos they collected images off of Discogs and tried to pass them off as their own. This user has 0 posts or feedback, and for that reason they have been removed from the boards. If you have been in any form of contact with this individual I strongly suggest you stop and block them if you've moved your conversations to a third party platform. This is extremely suspicious behavior and I'd hate to see any of our members get ripped off. 

• 1 month later...
  • 10 months later...

Scammer alert:

User: ther457 

This user sent a private message to a post about my post searching for a record advising me to email [email protected] who had a copy of the record I was looking for.  After a quick search I found this email attached to numerous scam alerts.  Seeing as this is a new user, this appears to be a scammer as well.  

Edited by aopps42

• 3 months later...

Beware of this guy:

Matej Oven

He bought a Punk In Dubric Lp from us, it was the last color edition, when he had received he put a Paypal claim asking 20 euros back because, after he, the record he had received was not the "variant" he wanted.

He put a picture of the record found in a NOFX forum in the paypal claim.

As I say, if you sell something to this guy most surely you will have problems and a paypal claim.

BEWARE!!!!

• 8 months later...

Discogs scammer: 

Username: SamjacksonATL / Lyyyynnnn (changed their name afterwards)

Email: [email protected]

Likely a hacked account, last activity 2017. Shows up out of nowhere selling a ton of OOP 2000s-2010s pop punk/emo records at reasonable (but not clearly scam-level) prices. I figured I'd shoot my shot as long as it's protected through PayPal. Started off bad with the PayPal not working; the excuse being she hasn't been on the site for many years. She eventually gets it to work and I send my money on 9/6. She says she is on vacation and will ship 9/11. No response to updates on shipping since 9/6, and bogus shipment info submitted through Discogs after I pressed 'Seller Not Responding' (no tracking number and "Shipped by Manual"). I contacted Discogs and the user has been suspended, and have contacted PayPal for a refund. 

Posting this here in case they somehow get back on Discogs or PayPal.

Edited by HardlineKid

• 4 months later...

I recently sold to a new buyer on Discogs. Everything seems legit with his name, phone, email, and PayPal. I took pictures of the record before selling because no one had added them on Discogs so I have proof of my copy. Delivery was confirmed with tracking. He emailed me today saying there's "pretty large warp on the outer edge. The Media Condition is listed as "Very Good Plus" and I don't agree with that." In my opinion it was NM but I always lower the grading because of people like him. He wants to send it back for a refund but I requested he send me photos. I'm thinking maybe he doesn't understand records and sees a very slight bend of less than 2 degrees which is normal for records especially since it's 10 years old.

Also, warp on the edge? I've never seen someone word it that way.

My only concern is he's going to try to send back an empty mailer or he already had this variant that was warped and he's trying to do a switcheroo. I'm thinking if he absolutely doesn't want it I can do a return and wait to issue a refund until it gets back to me and video record opening the package to make sure there's no funny business. Does anyone else have any tips on how to deal with this kind of situation to protect myself from being scammed?