Terrible Traders/Buyers/Sellers

benchwarmer

Don't buy from rocksolid. The only thing solid about this guy is his name. I recently purchase an album from him that was supposed to be in mint condition, he said he didn't even like the band and multiple copies of the album were GIVEN to him. Anyway we haggled, I paid him $20 and he shipped the record my way. The dude shipped it in a BUBBLE MAILER... needless to say the jacket was terribly bent up (creases,frayed seems, etc..) So i messaged him asking if I could just ship it back to him and take a refund or if he would give me a discount since it was damaged due to his packaging. He messaged me back, said he was sorry, asked if the record itself was ok and said he didn't realize you shouldn't use bubble mailers? I messaged him back and continued to be very polite and understanding and asked if he wanted to refund or what... no response. I messaged him every other day for the rest of the week and was never rude in any way and he continued to ignore me. He wouldn't even knock off a few bucks on a record that was FREE... That's pretty shitty!

Don't buy from user laterundertow .

http://boards.vinylcollective.com/user/9278-lateralundertow/

I paid him for a record on 07/26/2013. I even offered to add an extra buck to help out with Paypal fees, even though he never asked for this. Just thought I'd be nice. He told me the record would ship in a few days. Fast forward three weeks, and I hadn't heard from him or seen the package. I PM'd him asking for an update. He read the message, but never replied. I've been down that road before, so I immediately opened a claim.

Sure enough, I quickly got a response from him. Get this: the fucker actually had the balls to ask me to close the claim because I "tied him up" by opening the claim. I told him I wouldn't close the case (because you can't reopen them,) but told him that if he simply refunded me, the case would close itself out and I assured him that I wouldn't leave negative feedback. He promised me that the record would be out the next day.

Well, that was 9 days ago, and still no record. Not only that, he hasn't even logged in to his VC account since then.

If that isn't "terrible," I don't know what is.

Don't buy from user laterundertow .

http://boards.vinylcollective.com/user/9278-lateralundertow/

I paid him for a record on 07/26/2013. I even offered to add an extra buck to help out with Paypal fees, even though he never asked for this. Just thought I'd be nice. He told me the record would ship in a few days. Fast forward three weeks, and I hadn't heard from him or seen the package. I PM'd him asking for an update. He read the message, but never replied. I've been down that road before, so I immediately opened a claim.

Sure enough, I quickly got a response from him. Get this: the fucker actually had the balls to ask me to close the claim because I "tied him up" by opening the claim. I told him I wouldn't close the case (because you can't reopen them,) but told him that if he simply refunded me, the case would close itself out and I assured him that I wouldn't leave negative feedback. He promised me that the record would be out the next day.

Well, that was 9 days ago, and still no record. Not only that, he hasn't even logged in to his VC account since then.

If that isn't "terrible," I don't know what is.

I think you should leave him bad feedback at this point.

I think you should leave him bad feedback at this point.

I mean, by all means try to work shit out before jumping to leave negative feedback, but at this point, you'd be doing the rest of the community (who may not monitor this thread closely) a huge disservice by NOT leaving that dude some bad feedback.

Went ahead and left the negative feedback. The case will be closed at midnight tonight and I'll have my money back.

jaimelozanojr on ebay.

Bought record Aug 12th, paid $160 plus priority shipping in US with tracking. No response from seller on shipping update. Mailed Aug 20th to enquire and got story that "somebody in the family died" and "I am driving to post office right now!". I gave my condolences and ask when he has a chance to update the status and send me tracking info. No response. 2 more reminders, being understanding that it is a difficult time, but if he could please send me info. No reply. Opened a case and still no reply. Paypal refund today. Sucks. I rather have the record.

jaimelozanojr on ebay.

Bought record Aug 12th, paid $160 plus priority shipping in US with tracking. No response from seller on shipping update. Mailed Aug 20th to enquire and got story that "somebody in the family died" and "I am driving to post office right now!". I gave my condolences and ask when he has a chance to update the status and send me tracking info. No response. 2 more reminders, being understanding that it is a difficult time, but if he could please send me info. No reply. Opened a case and still no reply. Paypal refund today. Sucks. I rather have the record.

I'm so sick of dealing with sellers like this.  I wish we had a better brick and mortar store here in Omaha so I didn't have to.

Not gonna mention the buyer quite yet, but I've recently had this interaction..

Sold a record for $100. I asked the payment be sent as a gift because until a day ago I wasn't sure how fees were calculated. I received the payment as a gift and sent the item out a few days later. (I work 9:30-8:00 during the week and 10-5 on weekends with one day off). I packaged the record in a double fold over mailer, took the records out of the jacket to avoid seam splits, put all the contents into a dust sleeve and mailed it out. Upon receiving the record a few days ago I get a message saying it looks like it was run over by a mail truck. He sends me pictures and asks what we can do since I have great feedback and this clearly wasn't my fault. I was working and told him that I would look into options when I got out of work, but it should be a post office issue and to check out their claims website. I immediately got a response saying "I talked to the post office and they told me there's no money back offered because thes no insurance on the package, let me know if you find anything else." Then another message, " I mean it's totally unplayable, one record has a cut in it and the other one is warped... I am going to have to file a claim on it if you're not willing to just give me the money back." At this point I found it kind of sketchy. What runs through my mind is that he may have already had this record damaged and wanted a free replacement. I asked him if he thought that was a reasonable resolution, may have told him he was being a dick, then told him it seemed like he was trying to scam me. He got defensive, told me he was sending the package back, since the item was damaged and not what we originally agreed on. I told him I'd be willing to give him a partial refund and he said that's not reasonable and he's filing a charge back with his creditor. What would you guys do?

Not gonna mention the buyer quite yet, but I've recently had this interaction..

Sold a record for $100. I asked the payment be sent as a gift because until a day ago I wasn't sure how fees were calculated. I received the payment as a gift and sent the item out a few days later. (I work 9:30-8:00 during the week and 10-5 on weekends with one day off). I packaged the record in a double fold over mailer, took the records out of the jacket to avoid seam splits, put all the contents into a dust sleeve and mailed it out. Upon receiving the record a few days ago I get a message saying it looks like it was run over by a mail truck. He sends me pictures and asks what we can do since I have great feedback and this clearly wasn't my fault. I was working and told him that I would look into options when I got out of work, but it should be a post office issue and to check out their claims website. I immediately got a response saying "I talked to the post office and they told me there's no money back offered because thes no insurance on the package, let me know if you find anything else." Then another message, " I mean it's totally unplayable, one record has a cut in it and the other one is warped... I am going to have to file a claim on it if you're not willing to just give me the money back." At this point I found it kind of sketchy. What runs through my mind is that he may have already had this record damaged and wanted a free replacement. I asked him if he thought that was a reasonable resolution, may have told him he was being a dick, then told him it seemed like he was trying to scam me. He got defensive, told me he was sending the package back, since the item was damaged and not what we originally agreed on. I told him I'd be willing to give him a partial refund and he said that's not reasonable and he's filing a charge back with his creditor. What would you guys do?

Hey guys, I am the buyer, I sent the seller photos of the package how it came (I'd post them here but I don't want to post both my address and the sellers address on an open forum.) the package looks like it was run over by a truck as evidence by the photos that I sent to the seller both records were warped and one had a hole in it. The seller told me that he wasn't going to give me my money back and that I was being a dick. He told me it was an issue with the post office, but theres no insurance on the package and the post office told me that without insurance theres nothing anyone can do about it.

He later offered me to give me 30 dollars back on a 100 dollar purchase.  Now to start off he asked me to send him money as a gift via pay pal... who sounds like there being scammed now?

All I did was follow the guidelines of pay pal on what to do if you receive damaged goods:

An item is Significantly Not as Described if it is materially different than what the seller described in the item listing. Here are some examples:

• You received a completely different item. Example: You purchased a book and received a DVD or an empty box.
  • The condition of the item was misrepresented. Example: The listing said "new" and the item was used.
  • The item was advertised as authentic but is not authentic.
  • The item is missing major parts or features which were not disclosed in the listing.
  • You purchased three items from a seller but only received two.
  • The item was damaged during shipment.

I'm not saying who's right or who's wrong but if you were worried about paying as a gift in the first place, you should have added on what the fees would have been and sent as a purchase to cover yourself

Don't say he sounds like a scammer just because he asked to be paid as a gift. I always ask to paid as a gift and if they're not comfortable with it, i ask them to add on the fees and its totally fine.

As far as no insurance, wouldn't it only be a few bucks to insure a $100 record?

Just my opinion, but I think it's a mutual fail if both parties decide to not insure a package. As a buyer I'd gladly pay a bit more on the transaction to avoid these kinds of headaches. As a seller I wouldn't ship anything without it.

As far as no insurance, wouldn't it only be a few bucks to insure a $100 record?

Just my opinion, but I think it's a mutual fail if both parties decide to not insure a package. As a buyer I'd gladly pay a bit more on the transaction to avoid these kinds of headaches. As a seller I wouldn't ship anything without it.

I insured a $70 record today, it was $2.63. Also, the lady told me it's cheaper to do Priority cause it includes insurance up to $100 (and tracking?). Sucks that this thread is 78 pages, if only everyone were decent human beings. 

Anyone looking at this logically could see how I could feel the same way you do (that I was being scammed). I've bought prior from people on here and have a 100% ebay score with over 100 sales and purchases I take great pride in being a positive member of this online community and other ones... I just wont stand to have my name attacked when all I did was follow the guidelines that pay pal uses which clearly state that if somethings damaged in the mail that a refund is to be expected. I just don't see any logic to, "well I should get to keep 70%" of your money when the pay pal guidelines clearly state that if somethings damaged in the mail its an open and shut case for that the seller must refund the purchase price. and I had even stated that I was willing to gift you more money if I won the dispute I just felt that a 70 / 30 split was completely unfair.

I'm not saying who's right or who's wrong but if you were worried about paying as a gift in the first place, you should have added on what the fees would have been and sent as a purchase to cover yourself

Don't say he sounds like a scammer just because he asked to be paid as a gift. I always ask to paid as a gift and if they're not comfortable with it, i ask them to add on the fees and its totally fine.

You threatened to open a claim before you even considered any options! Instead of opening a claim you filed a chargeback with your credit company!

Incorrect, I mailed you back the record after: sending you photos, talking to the post office, telling you what they told me, and being told by you that you were willing to give me 30 dollars back on a 100 dollar purchase. it's not like I got it in the mail and 20 minutes later I called my credit card company.... 

I also told you that Id gift you money if I won the dispute but that 70% was unfair....

Dude. After I said let me look into it when I get out of work you said

I don't understand what more you want me to do, I've told you that i will gift you a fair amount of money if I win the dispute and I've mailed you back the record at no charge to you.  I talked to the post office who insured me that they weren't giving anyone any money back because there was no insurance on the shipment... Ive got some extra copies laying around of some records (two rage against the machine records and a Beatles album...) there of no good to me, if you want them I'll ship those to you for free too.

I only did what was within my rights when you told me you would give me what I considered an unfair amount of money back.