Terrible Traders/Buyers/Sellers

benchwarmer

i've sold retail for years. 

i really like the folks who walk through the door of our small record shop.
they're my favorite. i wish i could give them good feedback.

i have sold online for years at discogs and audiogon, and other forums.

never really had a problem as a buyer or a seller, over the years...

in fact, it has been an awesome experience.
the folks who've bought from me seem to be happy.

but then i've never had an ebay account. maybe that is why.

sorry to hear of all the unhappy buyers/seller stories. 
that hasn't been my experience over the years, is all i'm trying to say.

Heads up, do not sell to michaeljosephamato on Ebay. He bought a record off me, it was delivered about an hour ago and he already sent me a return request with this message:

"Hello, I received the record today, but it is defective. Upon playing side A, track 6 skips for a few seconds. Side B of the record is warped, and the songs sound very distorted."

Correct me if I'm wrong but isn't it impossible for only one side of a record to be warped? That doesn't make much sense...It's very obvious this guy is bullshitting me considering I've played the record probably ten times with zero issues and I packed it like a tank like I do with everything I sell. Just save yourself the headache and block him now.

I'm guessing I'm going to have to bite the bullet and have him send me the item back and refund him to avoid a negative feedback? This is the first time this has happened to me on Ebay. I just hope he doesn't deliberately damage it and send it back, then I won't be able to resell it.

He could have a crappy TT like the AT-PL300 w/o tracking weight. Those things skip like crazy on certain records (2009 Epitaph reissues).

• 3 weeks later...

Nope. Call PayPal/eBay, explain your situation, show proof of delivery, and you should be good. Buyer may have legitimately had the package stolen or misplaced but is maybe going about things a little aggressively (he's automatically assuming you didn't send it or that a delivered but stolen package is your responsibility).

Nope. Call PayPal/eBay, explain your situation, show proof of delivery, and you should be good. Buyer may have legitimately had the package stolen or misplaced but is maybe going about things a little aggressively (he's automatically assuming you didn't send it or that a delivered but stolen package is your responsibility).

Cool thank you. It looks like Ebay won't get involved until the buyer officially escalates it later this week if it comes to that. He did respond right away when I asked him why he didn't contact me first, and he said that him responding in any way automatically opened up a possible claim (or something like that). I figured all was good when I didn't hear back from him a few days after the package showed it was delivered. 

The thing I don't get - he has plenty of feedback, but was asking me how I shipped (ups or usps). I uploaded the tracking # immediately in ebay the day I sent it so I assumed he knew that and had been following the package to know the delivery date. So now he's telling me his ups driver happens to live nearby and he'll check with him. 

Ebay finally closed the case in my favor, once a rep actually saw I had delivery confirmation. What a joke. I hadn't noticed that the buyer had already left me negative feedback saying I wasn't trying to resolve, which was laughable. Ebay already removed it, but I'm tempted to message the guy calling him out but I won't. 

I had immediately re-sent him tracking once he said it didn't show, and I had UPS start a trace. Apparently if the item is under $250 ebay will side with the seller if they have tracking, so I wasn't even obligated to do that. Never heard back from the buyer, and the dude is buying stuff daily so something didn't add up. I don't buy/sell on ebay much and am very hesitant to do so after this. 

Ebay finally closed the case in my favor, once a rep actually saw I had delivery confirmation. What a joke. I hadn't noticed that the buyer had already left me negative feedback saying I wasn't trying to resolve, which was laughable. Ebay already removed it, but I'm tempted to message the guy calling him out but I won't. 

I had immediately re-sent him tracking once he said it didn't show, and I had UPS start a trace. Apparently if the item is under $250 ebay will side with the seller if they have tracking, so I wasn't even obligated to do that. Never heard back from the buyer, and the dude is buying stuff daily so something didn't add up. I don't buy/sell on ebay much and am very hesitant to do so after this. 

The deal is done, I'd just walk away.  No reason to keep throwing dirt back and forth.  They sided with you, leave it be.   If you're concerned about him trying to buy from you again you can block him.   Good luck, sorry to hear you had an unfortunate situation with a buyer.  Shit happens. 

• 2 weeks later...

Do NOT trade with user Nee (http://boards.vinylcollective.com/user/19758-neee/). First off, I will write that the record he sent me came in great condition, but that he lied multiple times that the record had been shipped before it actually got shipped. He wouldn't respond to messages until I emailed him via his paypal email. He said he was going through some family stuff, which is COMPLETELY understandable and I get, but there was no reason to lie that something had been shipped. He even went as far as to say that he'd send the tracking number over even though he had never even gone to the post office. In the end, it took about three weeks for my record to come. I even asked him if he couldn't mail it to just return my money and we'd both just move on.

I said I wouldn't leave negative feedback if he left me positive, which he agreed to then never did after I gave him 2 weeks. Finally, I wrote to him that I'd be leaving NEUTRAL feedback and saying that despite the record coming in great shape, I would not trade with him again. He immediately responds saying that he doesn't live in front of his computer and that he'd leave it now. Then saw that I gave neutral, he wrote back "whatever," and left me neutral with a negative comment.

Again, record came in very good shape but I would not recommend buying from this user as his communication was poor and he straight up lied about things getting shipped.

Do NOT trade with user Nee (http://boards.vinylcollective.com/user/19758-neee/). First off, I will write that the record he sent me came in great condition, but that he lied multiple times that the record had been shipped before it actually got shipped. He wouldn't respond to messages until I emailed him via his paypal email. He said he was going through some family stuff, which is COMPLETELY understandable and I get, but there was no reason to lie that something had been shipped. He even went as far as to say that he'd send the tracking number over even though he had never even gone to the post office. In the end, it took about three weeks for my record to come. I even asked him if he couldn't mail it to just return my money and we'd both just move on.

I said I wouldn't leave negative feedback if he left me positive, which he agreed to then never did after I gave him 2 weeks. Finally, I wrote to him that I'd be leaving NEUTRAL feedback and saying that despite the record coming in great shape, I would not trade with him again. He immediately responds saying that he doesn't live in front of his computer and that he'd leave it now. Then saw that I gave neutral, he wrote back "whatever," and left me neutral with a negative comment.

Again, record came in very good shape but I would not recommend buying from this user as his communication was poor and he straight up lied about things getting shipped.

Seeing as you got your record in great condition and three weeks isn't that long in the grand scheme of things...I am not so sure this warranted a post in the terrible traders thread.

I said I wouldn't leave negative feedback if he left me positive

If you are a solid buyer, you should not need to negotiate to get positive feedback.

I also don't think this warrants a post in this thread - maybe read through some of the real terrible shit that has gone down.

Appreciate the honesty. I understand life comes first, and I told him as much several times. I'm a little surprised no one else would take issue with being told their item has shipped when it hadn't. I've never had an issue with buying from anyone on here and I hope I don't in the future. My feedback of him reflected that the item came in great condition, and yeah that's all that matters, I just thought it was wrong to be told my item had shipped when it really hadn't. Maybe I'm in the wrong.

I am dealing with Neee right now, so I'm going to give him the benefit of the doubt.  As you said, first and foremost, you got what you paid for in good shape.  Which makes me think that I am going to be okay in my dealings with him.

Were you right to take issue with slow shipping and lying about shipping time frame - sure. However, in the end he held up his end of the deal.

If it were me, and if I felt compelled to leave neutral or negative feedback, I would use the comments to indicate why I was unhappy (which you didn't do), and then I would have left it at that.

• 2 weeks later...

Sure, lying is not cool. But back in the day, it was perfectly normal to wait 2-4 months for records. Some old timers still have this sense about them. 3 weeks is not so bad!

I did a deal with someone a few months ago with a $400 record + $75 shipping. It took him over a month to ship and he kept saying he would ship soon. I was really beginning to worry, but we had mutual friends who all said that he's slow (2 years to ship in once case), but always pulls through in the end. He did pull through, and threw in a $160 bonus item.

This thread is for calling out thieves, scammers, and murderers (hi Rick). Not for people slow to ship.

• 2 weeks later...

Care to elaborate? 

This is well documented in this thread. Search for Rick Angley in the top search bar for this topic to get the general idea then click the link below and get a stiff drink. You would not believe the story...

I got scammed and Deep Blue did too, we had some recovery but that was only records. For the hard part read on and follow the links contained.

http://boards.vinylcollective.com/topic/55777-gimme-my-drugs-on-ebay/

This is well documented in this thread. Search for Rick Angley in the top search bar for this topic to get the general idea then click the link below and get a stiff drink. You would not believe the story...

I got scammed and Deep Blue did too, we had some recovery but that was only records. For the hard part read on and follow the links contained.

http://boards.vinylcollective.com/topic/55777-gimme-my-drugs-on-ebay/

You had some recovery? He got away with the $115 I sent. But it seems petty to pursue in light of the life he took.

Bought some super rare test presses from cepcarn4 and he sent them wrapped in a plastic grocery bag inside a bubble mailer! Who can honestly still be a member here and think that's an acceptable way to send records, let alone rare test presses?

Suffice it to say, I overpaid for these and of course they arrived damaged. Absolutely infuriated at this seller.

You had some recovery? He got away with the $115 I sent. But it seems petty to pursue in light of the life he took.

Yes I was lucky enough to stick to Paypal rules. He had a really hard time with being in hospital for a tooth abscess for the first 10 of the 45 days, and then after his brother got arrested and his grandma died. As by that time it must have been grannie number 8 and brother number 4 (going by previous claims of his) I figured that this guy has all the bad luck inthe world so it does not really get much worse having a paypal claim added.

He promptly shipped the records albeit with one wrong LP that I had to return. The one that was missing I opted for a refund, which Paypal did once the wrong one was returned. I bought $350 worth of records and in the end I was down $15 for the return postage, but I have a story to tell.

• 2 weeks later...

Bought some super rare test presses from cepcarn4 and he sent them wrapped in a plastic grocery bag inside a bubble mailer! Who can honestly still be a member here and think that's an acceptable way to send records, let alone rare test presses?

Suffice it to say, I overpaid for these and of course they arrived damaged. Absolutely infuriated at this seller.

This is incorrect on all accounts. The 3 records were in proper cardboard mailer. After the buyer received the records he had claimed they were all bent & damaged. I gladly said if this is the case please return them to me & I will fully refund the entire cost of the records. He then went on to harass me by saying either refund him half the money or he was opening a claim. I found it odd that someone would want to keep damaged records. I called paypal about this situation & they said this very buyer has had a history of doing JUST THIS. after several additional harassing emails he finally filed a paypal claim. Paypal had asked him kindly to return all items to me. After 10 days of paypal emailing him to send the records he never did and paypal closed the case in my favor. 

BE WARY OF THIS SHITTY BUYER  - HE HAS PULLED THIS SCAM SEVERAL TIMES!!!! 

Sure, lying is not cool. But back in the day, it was perfectly normal to wait 2-4 months for records. Some old timers still have this sense about them. 3 weeks is not so bad!

I did a deal with someone a few months ago with a $400 record + $75 shipping. It took him over a month to ship and he kept saying he would ship soon. I was really beginning to worry, but we had mutual friends who all said that he's slow (2 years to ship in once case), but always pulls through in the end. He did pull through, and threw in a $160 bonus item.

This thread is for calling out thieves, scammers, and murderers (hi Rick). Not for people slow to ship.

I never lied. He misunderstood my pms. I have a sick wife, as well as I am not of great health either, factoring in 100 mile commute everyday. I apologized for my tardiness. But kids today need everything right now. I'm not saying that be slow is good. But I always follow through. And in regards the feedback, I said, I'd rather he not leave me feedback, instead of neutral. He messaged me about leaving me neutral after I didn't leave him positive. I said I would do it now, he left neutral anyway. Since he didn't hold his half, I left neutral as well.

That being said, this forum is so disappointing. I have lost count of the people who were going to sell to me who backed out and the people that said were going to buy that didn't. I am going through a situation like that at the moment.

I had made a deal months ago for a Silversun Pickups colored boxset for a RSD Brand New DE. Well needless to say he received the package and I patiently waited and waited and when he said he was going to ship, I said, no worries, take your time. Well last week he tells me " im not going to trade the boxset for the Brand New DE. He kept reassuring me 'dont worry, we are going to trade'. I was heartbroken (grown ass man shouldnt be over a record but...) and I said I would try to get the money, since I wasn't prepared to pay for it. Here we are 4 days later, i made some sacrifices, got his money and he logs in everyday, but no answer to my pm.

This is just the recent one. This forum is (to quote lego batman) so dissapointing.

I know this is not the place to post this, but I needed to vent.

I never lied. He misunderstood my pms. I have a sick wife, as well as I am not of great health either, factoring in 100 mile commute everyday. I apologized for my tardiness. But kids today need everything right now. I'm not saying that be slow is good. But I always follow through.

That being said, this forum is so disappointing. I have lost count of the people who were going to sell to me who backed out and the people that said were going to buy that didn't. I am going through a situation like that at the moment.

I had made a deal months ago for a Silversun Pickups colored boxset for a RSD Brand New DE. Well needless to say he received the package and I patiently waited and waited and when he said he was going to ship, I said, no worries, take your time. Well last week he tells me " im not going to trade the boxset for the Brand New DE. He kept reassuring me 'dont worry, we are going to trade'. I was heartbroken (grown ass man shouldnt be over a record but...) and I said I would try to get the money, since I wasn't prepared to pay for it. Here we are 4 days later, i made some sacrifices, got his money and he logs in everyday, but no answer to my pm.

This is just the recent one. This forum is (to quote lego batman) so dissapointing.

I know this is not the place to post this, but I needed to vent.

Sorry to hear. I am actually going through a similar situation. Bought a record from peachesinthesummertime on Friday.

Then seller tels me he also sold it on discogs.

I asked yesterday of status, and his reply was, haven't heard from the discogs buyer. What!!?

I may just stop dealing here. Who was the member, may I ask?