Disney Buys Out Lucasfilm Ltd.; Star Wars Ep. VII out in 2015

jhulud

Even more directly under Disney's perview: Tron.

It's going to be fine fanboys... episodes 1-3 will stay the worst of the series.

Yeah, that's what my sentiment is. How could it possibly get worse than Eps 1-3? I mean, between the cringeworthy romantic dialogue in Ep 2, "The Younglings" line and Ep 3 and Darth Vader yelling "NOOOOOOOOO" like a little bitch, how can it possibly get any worse?

as much as I was hopin they would do something with the Thrawn Trilogy, this is apparently going to be a storyline that is completely new, not from the exanded universe books, which could be exciting. I am tired of book-to-movie, heres hoping this could actually be promising!!

Could be good as long as Lucas is still involved.. he supposedly already has the story lined up for 7 - 9. Anyways, below is a must read for any Star Wars fan boys. It suggests an alternate, more proper way to watch the existing movies. Basically you start with ep 4 & 5, then strike 1 and consider it never existed, watch ep 2 & 3 as a "flashback" and then return to the logical ending movie of ep. 6. At that point ep.1 could be considered more of a "bonus materials". Good stuff.

http://www.nomachetejuggling.com/2011/11/11/the-star-wars-saga-suggested-viewing-order/

Could be good as long as Lucas is NOT still involved.

I fixed it.

I'm not even trolling, he needs to get off this train after 1-3, let someone else carry the flame and bring some much needed fresh perspective.

EDIT: To play devil's advocate to myself, I see the benefit of his involvement being limited to "Creative Consultant" or similar.

The story that's buried beneath layers and layers of crap in 1-3 isn't a bad one. The first film was filled with racist stereotypes. (The asian trade ship owners, Jar Jar, Watto as the typical Jewish Shylock) and is easily one of the worst films ever, the other two had moments (Ok, Seconds) but the problem is that lucas dosen't direct actors anymore, just action. I want something different. I hope someone will take the story-line threads and creates something exciting, Sci-Fi had a spirit in 70-80's that has pretty much remained unmatched. I hope but am not optimistic.

I heard on the radio he's giving his $4.05 billion to his charity "George Lucas Educational Foundation"

That is seriously awesome. Makes me respect him a million times more.

Did you hear about this one:

http://www.nytimes.c...-neighbors.html

Apparently he wanted to make a full on movie studio at one of his ranches, and his neighbors said no. So now he's building a bunch houses for lower income families. Insanity!

Kinda makes me happy considering the rich douches *Cough* Kirk Hammet *Cough* that are his neighbors

Did you hear about this one:

http://www.nytimes.c...-neighbors.html

Apparently he wanted to make a full on movie studio at one of his ranches, and his neighbors said no. So now he's building a bunch houses for lower income families. Insanity!

Kinda makes me happy considering the rich douches *Cough* Kirk Hammet *Cough* that are his neighbors

so what youre saying is that kirk hammet doesnt want his fans living next door?

• 2 months later...