The Official Mtn Dew Game Fuel Appreciation & Mike T roommate bashing Thread... & Halo 4™

nothing like living with someone when Halo3 came out and them literally not leaving the house for a week straight just to beat the game. do not miss that. at all.

also, the only fun part of Halo3 was playing teams online, being paired up with my roommate, and killing him everytime until we got kicked out of the game. never saw someone get so pissed off over a video game in my life

also, change thread title to "Official Mike T roommate bash thread"

i'm the gayfag thats concerned because bungie didn't make it.

i'm still interested, but not as much as i would be had bungie kept the franchise.

all the reviewers agree its the best Halo yet.

also, change thread title to "Official Mike T roommate bash thread"

done.

also fuck Bungie. There, I said it. they were overrated. The reign of 343 begins now.

Everything about this game has me pumped. Admittedly, Halo is pretty much the only video game I play, but man I haven't been this excited for a game in quite some time.

I'm interested to experience the multiplayer changes first-hand. At the very least, armor lock is removed, which I feel pretty much ruined Halo Reach for me (that, and all those fucking Forge maps that crept into matchmaking playlists). I'm a bit iffy as far as instant spawns and mid-game entering goes, though. I hope it doesn't remove too much strategy/thought from the game and turn it into more of a mindless shooter like Call of Duty. I've always liked the slower pace of Halo.

I also hated that I payed money for all the DLC packs, and then they go and remove the DLC playlists, effectively delegating those maps to nothing but custom games. Which sucked, because some of them were pretty fucking cool.

As much as I don't like Call of Duty, I do like the way they lay out their playlists as far as what game you want to play. Sometimes I want to play Big Team Assault, but with Halo's matchmaking, it could take me hours to find that game type. In Call of Duty, I just enter that playlist and I find a match.

have any of you seen that live action series they did called "forward unto dawn"? it was cool to kill some time watching, but more importantly, it's got clips at the beginning of each episode (there are four so far) of the time lapse from the end of halo 3 to the start of 4. got me pretty excited for the new story

Everything about this game has me pumped. Admittedly, Halo is pretty much the only video game I play, but man I haven't been this excited for a game in quite some time.

I'm interested to experience the multiplayer changes first-hand. At the very least, armor lock is removed, which I feel pretty much ruined Halo Reach for me (that, and all those fucking Forge maps that crept into matchmaking playlists). I'm a bit iffy as far as instant spawns and mid-game entering goes, though. I hope it doesn't remove too much strategy/thought from the game and turn it into more of a mindless shooter like Call of Duty. I've always liked the slower pace of Halo.

I also hated that I payed money for all the DLC packs, and then they go and remove the DLC playlists, effectively delegating those maps to nothing but custom games.Which sucked, because some of them were pretty fucking cool.

As much as I don't like Call of Duty, I do like the way they lay out their playlists as far as what game you want to play. Sometimes I want to play Big Team Assault, but with Halo's matchmaking, it could take me hours to find a game. In Call of Duty, I just enter that playlist and I find a match.

armor lock is shitty but so predictable. and there are STILL forge maps in multiplayer that I've never played...and I play this game almost every day (lately). most of them suck but there's a few that I really like, and if I knew their obscure ass names, I'd list them.

I wasn't a fan of the mid-game entering until I realized that it pretty much negates a bad game due to a teammate quitting. it'll definitely make things more fair that way. as for instant spawning, it's complete shit and I think they'll end up changing it. I've been killed by people spawning behind me way too much in reach to support any spawn less than 5 seconds long.

despite the insta-spawn, I'm sure it'll still be a slow pace. halo has always been about taking skill to kill someone, and I don't think this game will be different. 4 shot DMR with bloom isn't something a COD player would enjoy. that being said, one COD aspect I'm glad they're adding is the ordnance drops when you get a killing spree (killstreak). that should take out alot of the power weapon bullshit because you can basically control when you get them. also, I'm pretty sure weapon spawns change throughout each game. that will no doubt eliminate a shitload of campers

as for the DLC, 343 should have made all of those maps free MONTHS ago. remember halo 2 when each map pack came out it would also have a set date for when it would become free? and then everyone could fucking enjoy some new maps? I've probably played each DLC map for reach one time, and now anniversary maps are the same way because they changed that playlist to only slayer and firefight. getting a remake of headlong was the best part of it all, and they fucked that up too by taking out the anniversary BTB playlist

as for the DLC, 343 should have made all of those maps free MONTHS ago. remember halo 2 when each map pack came out it would also have a set date for when it would become free? and then everyone could fucking enjoy some new maps? I've probably played each DLC map for reach one time, and now anniversary maps are the same way because they changed that playlist to only slayer and firefight. getting a remake of headlong was the best part of it all, and they fucked that up too by taking out the anniversary BTB playlist

I agree completely. Should've made them all free and required.