Fall Out Boy - From Under the Cork Tree 2xLP Hot Topic exclusive

travis

From Patrick Stump, the lead singer of Fall Out Boy:

Guess that's settled then.

Well I wish I had known about this thread before the end of the auction, there is really some entertaining information in this thread, most of it incorrect.  The record is in fact a picture disc that plays and if it doesn't, well thats news to everyone at label, management and band that worked that record as that is what we ordered from the pressing plant and were sold on.  It was thought up by Pete to be a very special and limited run and that is what it ended up being.  I am curious if I had posted video of me playing this record if it would have helped or hurt the value of it.  If my memory serves me correctly, there was one copy that was given away in a contest and the rest were given to the insiders.  So AdamRFox, it would be very difficult for you to have obtained this as I only know of two ever that have gone up, the one from Johnny Minardi and the one from myself.  Both of us worked the record and both of us know more about this release than you or 3arl who are stating things to the contrary.  Perhaps the winning bidder can verify for us since the record is now in his possession... Either way, I am stating things as I have know since these were manufactured and if you did in fact receive an email from Patrick saying that I am idiot and the record doesn't play, well, he may in fact be the idiot that doesn't know what he is talking about.  I would like to think that is not the case as I always got along pretty well with those guys when I worked at the label.  Either way, glad you guys waste your time telling lies on a stupid message board.  Next time just go directly to the source and perhaps you will get confirmation instead of all this speculation....

Well I wish I had known about this thread before the end of the auction, there is really some entertaining information in this thread, most of it incorrect.  The record is in fact a picture disc that plays and if it doesn't, well thats news to everyone at label, management and band that worked that record as that is what we ordered from the pressing plant and were sold on.  It was thought up by Pete to be a very special and limited run and that is what it ended up being.  I am curious if I had posted video of me playing this record if it would have helped or hurt the value of it.  If my memory serves me correctly, there was one copy that was given away in a contest and the rest were given to the insiders.  So AdamRFox, it would be very difficult for you to have obtained this as I only know of two ever that have gone up, the one from Johnny Minardi and the one from myself.  Both of us worked the record and both of us know more about this release than you or 3arl who are stating things to the contrary.  Perhaps the winning bidder can verify for us since the record is now in his possession... Either way, I am stating things as I have know since these were manufactured and if you did in fact receive an email from Patrick saying that I am idiot and the record doesn't play, well, he may in fact be the idiot that doesn't know what he is talking about.  I would like to think that is not the case as I always got along pretty well with those guys when I worked at the label.  Either way, glad you guys waste your time telling lies on a stupid message board.  Next time just go directly to the source and perhaps you will get confirmation instead of all this speculation....

So do you have a video of you playing the record or is this still speculation?

Bolded is extremely ironic.

I so happy that I got one person butthurt enough to create a profile just to let all of us know he was butthurt.

Also the fact you think that there is even the slightest possibility that Patrick actually emailed me is priceless.

So do you have a video of you playing the record or is this still speculation?

The record was listed as never played which means there is no video. 

Guess we should just take his word for it. 

Stay tuned for this, just asked the winning bidder to send me a quick video of him playing the record, he is at work and said he would send tonight.

Bolded is extremely ironic.

Whats ironic about this

You guys sit on here lying about owning it or hearing from a band member that says that I am an idiot and that it doesn't play... LIES

Me responding with the fact that the record plays.. TRUTH

Nothing ironic here...

I so happy that I got one person butthurt enough to create a profile just to let all of us know he was butthurt.

Also the fact you think that there is even the slightest possibility that Patrick actually emailed me is priceless.

Not butthurt at all.  I have more records to sell. Figured I should protect the integrity of my sales and show that if I say it plays, it plays, if I say it's limited, it's limited.  I am a man of my word and I would never make false accusations or allegations (whether I knew them or not) if they were selling a record.  I decided it was in my best interest to join VC so I can be there to answer any questions anyone has and provide the necessary backup if it was indeed necessary. 

It is quite possible that anyone on this message board could know anyone.  I know lots of musicians, I could email them and receive an email back and post a response.  I could also make up a fake email response from someone and post it on here like you did.  The fact that you lied about getting an email from someone, well I'm sorry that you felt the need to do that.  Not sure what any of your motives were in doing that?!? 

It is quite possible that anyone on this message board could know anyone.  I know lots of musicians, I could email them and receive an email back and post a response.  I could also make up a fake email response from someone and post it on here like you did.  The fact that you lied about getting an email from someone, well I'm sorry that you felt the need to do that.  Not sure what any of your motives were in doing that?!? 

You caught me, I lied.  I don't know Patrick Stump, unless you count that time my friend met him at a Taco Bell as me knowing him.  But that still wouldn't explain me having his email address.

To explain the joke, I copied this other guys post, but just changed some of the words.  Do you get it?  I've included visual aid to assist in the explanation.2zhl4yh.png

That being said, welcome to VC.  If you choose to stick around, you might want to loosen up a bit.