Fall Out Boy - From Under the Cork Tree 2xLP Hot Topic exclusive

travis

If there was only 20 of these made and they were given directly to the band and people involved why were they shrink wrapped?

cause that is how records come from the pressing plant when you order complete assembled records with the shrink wrap option checked on the order form.  These were assembled and shipped at the same time as the first pressing, limited to 500 gold webstore vinyl was, and were packaged exactly the same as the others.  The only reason I opened the shrinkwrap is because I wasn't sure which was which, and you can imagine what kind of issues that would have caused if I would have shipped the wrong vinyl to the wrong person...

I remember when Adam had the gold copy and he was bummed after spending so much money on it and having it not play. From what I remember he said it was like a clear, silicone substance filling the grooves of the record and it was obviously a display piece. 

Luckily that is what eBay buyer protection is for.  Someone asked if it played, and I publicly in the listing stated that it did... if it did not, well then the buyer would have been entitled to their money back... 

You guys realize the only thing I ever claimed to know about was the item I had listed on eBay. I'm sure you guys all know much more about everything else than I do.

Go back and look at your other posts where you clearly state that there have been only 2 eBay auctions for this version if the record and yours was one of them.

Explain yourself.

I said that my copy of this record did not in fact play. Case closed.

Regardless of what this other person said, you are going around acting like you know everything about this particular record and are going out of your way based on minor and frankly insignificant details to try to make this dude look bad. Which in turn makes you look like a tool. I'm with Travis on this one though. Who fuckin cares. I know I don't. I've hardly really read most of what's been going on, but I think I get the gist of it, and I think it should end ASAP. Just thought I'd chime in because your comment seemed unnecessarily dickish and it also unnecessarily drags out this whole unnecessary debate haha.

I just can't believe that I haven't run out of likes yet today with this thread!!! Wahoooo!

WFC_zps1464cb3e.jpg

Exactly Travis...but people are having too much fun posting pics, gifs, and videos like this one! The best thing to come out of this thread is that we have maybe taught this dude takinanewtack how to have a sense of humor. 

mine did not play

yes i tried it

it had grooves but they were coated in something which deterred it from playing

Well that explains it. It's playable, but doesn't mean it sounds good or plays very effectively lol.

I don't know if that particular plant used any sort of mold release compound in the picture disc press (some plants do) but considering the small groove width of this album, and the thin PVC sheet it was pressed into for the gold... I could see a huge problem being caused by any additives in the press.

Well that explains it. It's playable, but doesn't mean it sounds good or plays very effectively lol.

I don't know if that particular plant used any sort of mold release compound in the picture disc press (some plants do) but considering the small groove width of this album, and the thin PVC sheet it was pressed into for the gold... I could see a huge problem being caused by any additives in the press.

what?

my copy didnt play AT ALL

yes I tried it 

it didnt play

but at this point it doesnt fucking matter

Thread fucking delivers. My god.

Also, as An active member of VC, even through all the memes and gifs and jokes, I still get all the news and fact on records very easily. So I don't mind it. It feels like the people complaining about it and the integrity of VC being a news source, are the ones that just USE us for that only and don't contribute to the community. So fuck them anyway.