Fall Out Boy - From Under the Cork Tree 2xLP Hot Topic exclusive

travis

You caught me, I lied.  I don't know Patrick Stump, unless you count that time my friend met him at a Taco Bell as me knowing him.  But that still wouldn't explain me having his email address.

To explain the joke, I copied this other guys post, but just changed some of the words.  Do you get it?  I've included visual aid to assist in the explanation.2zhl4yh.png

That being said, welcome to VC.  If you choose to stick around, you might want to loosen up a bit.

Jbmi9gi.jpg?1

Well I wish I had known about this thread before the end of the auction, there is really some entertaining information in this thread, most of it incorrect.  The record is in fact a picture disc that plays and if it doesn't, well thats news to everyone at label, management and band that worked that record as that is what we ordered from the pressing plant and were sold on.  It was thought up by Pete to be a very special and limited run and that is what it ended up being.  I am curious if I had posted video of me playing this record if it would have helped or hurt the value of it.  If my memory serves me correctly, there was one copy that was given away in a contest and the rest were given to the insiders.  So AdamRFox, it would be very difficult for you to have obtained this as I only know of two ever that have gone up, the one from Johnny Minardi and the one from myself.  Both of us worked the record and both of us know more about this release than you or 3arl who are stating things to the contrary.  Perhaps the winning bidder can verify for us since the record is now in his possession... Either way, I am stating things as I have know since these were manufactured and if you did in fact receive an email from Patrick saying that I am idiot and the record doesn't play, well, he may in fact be the idiot that doesn't know what he is talking about.  I would like to think that is not the case as I always got along pretty well with those guys when I worked at the label.  Either way, glad you guys waste your time telling lies on a stupid message board.  Next time just go directly to the source and perhaps you will get confirmation instead of all this speculation....

i get it. i'm punk rock too. i own every good charlotte cd, but you took this way too seriously

Well I'm personally very glad he joined here to set things straight. 3arl, I got your joke, I just didnt think it was a funny one.

I like this community, but the constant spread of misinformation around here really needs to stop. Intentional or not. It's just frustrating to those who know what they are talking about.

I am looking forward to seeing this video.

I would hardly say that the spread of misinformation is constant...

Eh. I've unintentionally caught people with high post counts in lies on this site.

Definitely not constant, but that doesn't matter, you gotta understand the fact that people come on here and post shit like they know when they don't can ruin the credibility of this site as a source.

Some people just want to share music news, trade some wax, and get straight-forward information. Why all the dramatics and misinformation needs to be a part of it is just something I don't understand. 

Well I wish I had known about this thread before the end of the auction, there is really some entertaining information in this thread, most of it incorrect.  The record is in fact a picture disc that plays and if it doesn't, well thats news to everyone at label, management and band that worked that record as that is what we ordered from the pressing plant and were sold on.  It was thought up by Pete to be a very special and limited run and that is what it ended up being.  I am curious if I had posted video of me playing this record if it would have helped or hurt the value of it.  If my memory serves me correctly, there was one copy that was given away in a contest and the rest were given to the insiders.  So AdamRFox, it would be very difficult for you to have obtained this as I only know of two ever that have gone up, the one from Johnny Minardi and the one from myself.  Both of us worked the record and both of us know more about this release than you or 3arl who are stating things to the contrary.  Perhaps the winning bidder can verify for us since the record is now in his possession... Either way, I am stating things as I have know since these were manufactured and if you did in fact receive an email from Patrick saying that I am idiot and the record doesn't play, well, he may in fact be the idiot that doesn't know what he is talking about.  I would like to think that is not the case as I always got along pretty well with those guys when I worked at the label.  Either way, glad you guys waste your time telling lies on a stupid message board.  Next time just go directly to the source and perhaps you will get confirmation instead of all this speculation....

Are you talking about this one from Johnny Minardi:

http://www.popsike.com/RARE-Band-Only-Fall-Out-Boy-FROM-UNDER-THE-CORK-TREE-Gold-Record-LP-Collectable/230846346981.html

Where he says - The record doesn't play. It is simply an award, not a music-maker.

I don't have a clue, or really care, if it plays or not. I mean - it's Fall Out Boy - and it's From Under Cork Tree. Not unreleased demos from the Beatles. I'm just going on what other people have said.

Are you talking about this one from Johnny Minardi:

http://www.popsike.com/RARE-Band-Only-Fall-Out-Boy-FROM-UNDER-THE-CORK-TREE-Gold-Record-LP-Collectable/230846346981.html

Where he says - The record doesn't play. It is simply an award, not a music-maker.

I don't have a clue, or really care, if it plays or not. I mean - it's Fall Out Boy - and it's From Under Cork Tree. Not unreleased demos from the Beatles. I'm just going on what other people have said.

oh snap.  that poster is going to be like,

Taylor-Swift-Gif.gif

Eh. I've unintentionally caught people with high post counts in lies on this site.

Definitely not constant, but that doesn't matter, you gotta understand the fact that people come on here and post shit like they know when they don't can ruin the credibility of this site as a source.

Some people just want to share music news, trade some wax, and get straight-forward information. Why all the dramatics and misinformation needs to be a part of it is just something I don't understand. 

http://www.altpress.com/news/entry/paramore_not_releasing_a_7-inch_record_on_bridge_nine/

You have to learn to understand the difference between a lie and a joke.