PO - Death Cab for Cutie - The Barsuk Years LMTD Ed Collection

So is this the biggest mess ever? I started listening to mine & had to send AINR this email:

Hi,

I just received my DCFC box today & I first put on the Forbidden Love EP & the record itself was labelled Forbidden Love but the grooves played The Photo Album. I put on the record in the Photo Album sleeve which had the right label for the sleeve but it's playing the Stability EP & also appears to be warped. The Stability EP is also playing a different record & I don't even want to bother to check the rest.

I sold some of my original pressings for this & I'm definitely not happy at all. 

Thanks,

V

i'd love to hear what their reply is.

Where were these pressed? It seems like they'll be the ones held responsible, but what are the options? Cover the incorrect center labels with adhesive-backed new ones? Partial refund to AinR that they can pass to us? Print all new records and take back the old ones? 

if they make perfectly cut ones i'd be fine with that. applying using the spindle from your turntable would make it easy to get it perfect.

you guys know real labels aren't stickers, right? i doubt they'd print stickers to have us apply them over the labels. that would just be strange. and have we confirmed that the boxes have one of each record still?

the labels get pressed into the wax itself but if you put a label with adhesive over the current one that's pressed in it should work, no?

Did anyone else's record have black stuff across the record covers and bent corners? Really upsetting, This thing should be pristine! 

so far i've only noticed a dark spot on the front of the box, like a stain on the fabric or something.

haven't had a chance to check for mislabeled records.

shall we compare numbers? mine is #502.

Imagine

how messed up everything would be if it released in late February!?

They took an extra month and still couldn't manage to get this right?

All of this bad news is ridiculously disappointing. 

at my count, they took two and a half months. (original release date was mid january, no?)

at my count, they took two and a half months. (original release date was mid january, no?)

I misremembered the date that I was thinking of. When I ordered, the site stated it'd be shipped on or before February 7. I'm not positive if it was pushed back before that or not. I didn't get into vinyl until mid december and I'm thinking I didn't hear about this release right away.