PO - Death Cab for Cutie - The Barsuk Years LMTD Ed Collection

Just opened mine.  In terms of the jackets, the "black line" is glue residue from the top divider that has the slots for the albums.  With a thumb and a little rubbing, they come right off.  They must have put the sleeves in the box before it completely dried.

Still irks me. Hahah im OCD though. 

Pretty cool of Ben to recognize the problem and post about it. Really didn't have to.

My set arrived today and I'm on my way home from work to check it out. Really pumped again.

Concerning selling the mislabeled albums... I think I'm gonna hold on to these for awhile. Wouldn't it make sense that they'd be "worth" more than the correct versions? I'm not looking to make a profit on these or anything, just thinking these are a bit more of a collectors item now since they are mislabeled and are no longer a burden since they're being remanufactured correctly? I'd have to think that this already being a limited release would possibly hamper that though? I don't know. Useless, speculatory rambling here.

Can't wait to spin The Photo Album!

Pretty cool of Ben to recognize the problem and post about it. Really didn't have to.

My set arrived today and I'm on my way home from work to check it out. Really pumped again.

Concerning selling the mislabeled albums... I think I'm gonna hold on to these for awhile. Wouldn't it make sense that they'd be "worth" more than the correct versions? I'm not looking to make a profit on these or anything, just thinking these are a bit more of a collectors item now since they are mislabeled and are no longer a burden since they're being remanufactured correctly? I'd have to think that this already being a limited release would possibly hamper that though? I don't know. Useless, speculatory rambling here.

Can't wait to spin The Photo Album!

if there are collectors hardcore enough to collect one of 1500 misprints, they probably bought the box in the first place.

I doubt they'll be worth more than the regular editions, especially since they'll presumably not have covers.

Will we need to file any kind of claim to get the correctly labeled records or does it sound like they will just ship them automatically?

I was thinking about this myself. Re-reading the email they sent out last night, it sounds like they are aware that the problem is widespread enough that they will automatically send them out. I believe with the way they seem to be handling this, that if they need to know who to send replacements to, another email would be forthcoming indicating the process for getting replacements.

Ben just tweeted:

"Home renovations always take twice as long, cost twice as much, and in the end aren't what you wanted. Also seems to apply to lp box sets."

"We are trying to fix this ASAP. Very embarrassing. Sorry, everyone."

Really cool of him to tweet about this.

Mine won't be delivered until tomorrow. Can't wait.

Did anyone have a almost digitized number on the cardboard box it was sent in?  I was just curious if it matched the number inside the box itself.  For instance, if your digitized number was 0499 then you got #499/1500.

Mine matched.  That's probably how they got them from the factory, then just slapped the shipping label on it.

if there are collectors hardcore enough to collect one of 1500 misprints, they probably bought the box in the first place. I doubt they'll be worth more than the regular editions, especially since they'll presumably not have covers.

Good points. 

Just opened mine and I'm digging this box. Sturdy and threaded. Has a nice, clean look. This is a beauty. 

I just starting spinning and I'm loving the quality of The Photo Album so far although there was a pop in the early-ish middle of the first track of side A (which is labeled Forbidden Love EP). 

Got mine today.  I am really happy with the quality of the box and the sleeves.  I have the label mixup (seems like everyone does). No damage from shipping.  I had the black line on a couple of mine, scratched it off one of them easily without damaging the sleeve, haven't messed with the other one yet. 

I've listened through The Forbidden Love EP and We Have the Facts so far and I am really happy with the sound quality on each.  I get a little crackle/surface noise here and there, but it's infrequent and doesn't bother me.  I think these two have sounded great.

As far as the digital files go, I'm pretty sure they are not the remasters.  When I put the files in iTunes and looked at the "date modified" in the file info, some of the songs showed a date in 2010.  If they were the remasters I'd think they wouldn't have any date before late 2012.