PO: Angels and Airwaves Stomping The Phantom Brake Pedal Double EP

"The new double - EP Stomping The Phantom Brake Pedal. On sale December 18th 2012 - taking pre-sale orders NOW! Exclusive digital & merch bundles available only at angelsandairwaves.com"

I'm kinda stoked for this EP, but 60 bucks for basically 3 new songs and a photo book is pretty expensive.

Also, here's their new track of the EP, "Diary"

I have a really hard time understanding this band. I liked we don't need to whisper because it was fresh and different from what you were used to hearing from Tom at the time but since then am I the only person who honestly cannot distinguish one song from the other? I really haven't given anything since a consistent listen but the "vibe" doesn't have a whole lot of versatility for me.

Sincerely,

Buzz Killington

• 1 month later...

I guess I'll be the odd man out and say the EP is pretty awesome. I wish it was more then 3 songs, but they definitely have a cool sound to them. The remixes aren't as bad as I expected they would be. The photobook, however, is really cool. Love the pictures captured. Then again I'm that typical blink-182 fanboy that every one hates, so take my opinion with a grain of salt.

Kinda bummed cause I guess I just don't get it! Used to think Tom and his music was awesome (even Boxcar) before he left Blink 182. Hell, I even bought a half dozen of his Macbeth shoes! My image of him really deteriorated through that break up stuff, and when I heard the AVA result, I got nothing out of it but question marks in my head. 

I'm sorry, but I'm not impressed with overly used synthesizers and effects that are drawn out over minutes and minutes. And every AVA album has it. The tracks could easily be a minute or two shorter and they'd be so much more powerful. But I don't need to hear reverb and digital noises repeated for a minute on seemingly every track!

And the lyrics and the vocal style, oh man, it hurts my ears! I find myself thinking sometimes "does Tom REALLY THINK this sounds good?" How could a guy who had done things so right for so long suddenly come out with this stuff?

Seems something happened to him one day, he had this internal epiphany about how he should make music from that point, and he hasn't been the same since.

And I still like the guy! I'm just not a fan of some of the material he's been releasing with Angels and Airwaves, and I don't like how its style now spills into Blink 182 songs.

It Hurts It Hurts It Hurts It Hurts It Hurts It Hurts It Hurts It Hurts It Hurts It Hurts It Hurts It Hurts It Hurts It Hurts It Hurts It Hurts It Hurts It Hurts It Hurts It Hurts It Hurts It Hurts It Hurts It Hurts It Hurts It Hurts It Hurts It Hurts It Hurts It Hurts It Hurts It Hurts It Hurts It Hurts It Hurts It Hurts It Hurts It Hurts It Hurts It Hurts It Hurts It Hurts It Hurts It Hurts It Hurts  It Hurts It Hurts It Hurts It Hurts It Hurts It Hurts It Hurts It Hurts It Hurts It Hurts It Hurts It Hurts It Hurts  It Hurts It Hurts It Hurts It Hurts It Hurts  It Hurts It Hurts It Hurts It Hurts  It Hurts It Hurts It Hurts It Hurts It Hurts

Kinda bummed cause I guess I just don't get it! Used to think Tom and his music was awesome (even Boxcar) before he left Blink 182. Hell, I even bought a half dozen of his Macbeth shoes! My image of him really deteriorated through that break up stuff, and when I heard the AVA result, I got nothing out of it but question marks in my head. 

I'm sorry, but I'm not impressed with overly used synthesizers and effects that are drawn out over minutes and minutes. And every AVA album has it. The tracks could easily be a minute or two shorter and they'd be so much more powerful. But I don't need to hear reverb and digital noises repeated for a minute on seemingly every track!

And the lyrics and the vocal style, oh man, it hurts my ears! I find myself thinking sometimes "does Tom REALLY THINK this sounds good?" How could a guy who had done things so right for so long suddenly come out with this stuff?

Seems something happened to him one day, he had this internal epiphany about how he should make music from that point, and he hasn't been the same since.

And I still like the guy! I'm just not a fan of some of the material he's been releasing with Angels and Airwaves, and I don't like how its style now spills into Blink 182 songs.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

I respect what your saying man. I totally agree, he should keep that AVA singing style out of Blink. It's definitly carried over live as well. I remember back when blink broke up and I first heard Angels & Airwaves, I hated it because that's what replaced blink? I really didn't get into them until after blink got back together. I like the concept behind AVA being not just a band but this whole art concept idea, but blink is still way better. I just wish Tom would alter his voice between the two instead of mixing them together.