Boards messed up?

For a malware-free experience, there's always that one other board. You know... the one that rhymes with shmerrible shmacation.

The one that lies dormant for months at a time? And that has literally two posts today, both of which are to say "hey, no virus here"? Wake me up when people ever use that board.

The management team here is amazing. The coding on the boards could just use a bit of work. No one pays to use these boards just chill until the problem is resolved.

I never said we should get rid of the management team, I'm saying they should add more people, especially in other time zones.

i'm getting reeeeally tired of clicking on the newest thread in the general overview and having it error out. or clicking on a liked post and having it error out. or typing in this really small box like i am typing in now. for the love of god fix it

that is all.

yea this small reply box is unsatisfactory. You know what else sucks? When you're replying to a topic and using bold or italic or quotes, and if you have to hit backspace it jumps the cursor all over the place like it's possessed. I mean I don't make mistakes often, but still. Does that happen to anyone else? or is my computer really possessed?

IPBoards got back to us. We're completely the upgrade today, so hopefully we can clean out all the spam.

I'll also be adding one more level of security for signups, to prevent more bots from joining the boards.

We were also cleared by ANOTHER anti-malware site. So I'm really hoping all this will be done by the end of the week.

We're working as quickly as possible here.

Out of my frustration of not being able to go into topics, I exercised every avenue I could and I think I found a way around it. Sadly, it only works on a CPU, not the mobile site or the ipboard app.

If you click on the arrow next to a topic title to get the preview, there will be a black button that says "go to topic". Click on that. I've found that even if a topic is giving me a 404 error, I can still get into it that way.

Hope this works for others like it did for me.

Honestly guys, we're doing everything we can here.

It's not just us, there is a massive thread over at the IPBoards Support Forum with other boards experiencing similar issues. Someone found a whole in their software, exploited it, and now we're all paying the price.

We're doing everything we can, but with every step we just keep digging up more and more shit.

You gotta bear with us. This was a massive jolt to our system.

Have you considered getting new moderators, if for spam regulation alone?

Having moderators in different time zones would be ideal as well, so that at least one person of staff is on almost always.

I know you guys are working diligently and trying your best, but it's incredibly difficult to manage a board of this size with just 4 people....

Have you considered getting new moderators, if for spam regulation alone?

Having moderators in different time zones would be ideal as well, so that at least one person of staff is on almost always.

I know you guys are working diligently and trying your best, but it's incredibly difficult to manage a board of this size with just 4 people....

yes, this will be happening. more on this in the coming days.

I agree - but this problem started because of a flaw in IPBs code. So the spam was just a result of that.

also, we've added a new hook to increase spam filtering based of not only iPBs spam library (which we already use) but also user submitted names from other board admins.

Update: We have updated the forums. There should be no more broken code through out the site.

I say should, please confirm.

my friend got a virus from here, two hours ago, FYI

tim mccall, he posts here often.

Can he verify that it came from here? Isn't it also possible that he picked up the virus already, saw the malware warning, scanned, and found it?

Just wondering why, if there was a virus, there wouldn't be a massive outbreak with all the users on this site. My computer is fine.