PO: The Bronx (IV)

zuck

This sounds like a band that is trying to get on the radio(if that even exists anymore)

All of the aggresiveness was given away for melody, hooks and clean production

I had the same thought a couple times. Torches sounds like if fun. and Weezer had a baby and that baby grew up to be stupid and irritating. 

Oh well. If this gets them some more fans and cash then good for them. They are still a force live and if I have to sit through a few songs that don't agree with me so be it.  Back catalog is still legit. 

I've been lucky enough to have seen them 3 times in the last 3 months and the keep on playing the same tracks from the new album.

They have been playing Unholy Hand, Along For the Ride, Youth Wasted, Too Many Devils, Under The Rabbit, Ribcage and Valley Heat.

Most of them are the best songs on the album. 

If it sounds a little clean on the album don't worry; the songs kicks ass live.

This sounds like a band that is trying to get on the radio(if that even exists anymore)

All of the aggresiveness was given away for melody, hooks and clean production

This comment is pretty asinine. This actually sounds like another Drips record, which was Matt and Joby's side project, but recorded with the same equipment/tones as III. This album rocks.

• 2 weeks later...

Been listening to this for almost two months now. I was totally underwhelmed when i first heard it but after a good few listens i couldn't get enough. It's no I or II but they were two of the best punk records released in the last 10 years, it's so good, though, just take a bit of time if you haven't already.

Been listening to this for almost two months now. I was totally underwhelmed when i first heard it but after a good few listens i couldn't get enough. It's no I or II but they were two of the best punk records released in the last 10 years, it's so good, though, just take a bit of time if you haven't already.

I've had the same reaction. There are still a few tracks I'm not into, making their least "consistent" releases (by my totally subjective criteria), but I found myself enjoying a lot more than I thought I would after my initial listen. 

First track was instantly, and still remains, one of my favorites by them.