PO: Appleseed Cast-Low Level Owl I&II Re-press

DEEP ELM RECORDS TO RELEASE FINAL GOLD LIMITED EDITION 3XLP OF THE APPLESEED CAST "LOW LEVEL OWL, VOL. 1 + 2"

Deep Elm Records will be releasing a Limited Edition 3x LP set pressed on Gold Vinyl for THE APPLESEED CAST's critically-acclaimed masterpiece Low Level Owl: Volumes 1 + 2 in connection with Big School Records, a Philadelphia-based indie established with the sole purpose of spreading diversity in music through the vinyl format. Currently in production in the Czech Republic, the Gold Limited Edition is the last and final vinyl edition of what Pitchfork called a "groundbreaking" album and will be limited to 1,000 copies. The double album was previously pressed on black, tri-color and silver vinyl. The most recent Silver Limited Edition sold out in 8 days. For reservation information, go to www.deepelm.com/396V. We anticipate shipping orders in early December.

• Triple Color Vinyl LP Set, Limited Edition Pressing of 1,000

• 26 Uncut Original Recordings on Premium 150 Gram Vinyl

• Gold Colored Vinyl with Matte Black Labels

• Gold Metallic Accents throughout entire artwork

• Beautiful Old School Gatefold Packaging with full lyrics and liner notes

• Manufactured in the Czech Republic by Pirates Press

• Total Running Time: 108 minutes

http://www.deepelm.com/elist/ann_llo_gold.html

technically deep elm isn't releasing it. big school records licensed it from deep elm. (this is the third label that has licensed this record, and the fourth press, probably using the same mothers, because it's the same plant). deep elm doesn't allow licensees to do preorders, so they won't be able to sell until they're in hand. expect big school records to have a lot more copies than deep elm.

yeah, its actually quite dumb how it says it's the final gold press. i'm all about changing the font color, but these covers have just been downright cheesy.

I thought it looked pretty cool for the Silver one. It's not like it was over the top or anything.

Anyway, everyone needs this album. So good.

name='jonnywreck' timestamp='1353430749' post='1341968']Did the silver edition sell out that quickly? I remember getting it on sale from Deep Elm a little while after the release.[/b]

they always exaggerate. there were 1000 pressed. deep elm contracts say they get 10-20% so they had 100-200 copies. graveface who actually released it had the rest and i believe it took a few months to sell out.

I seriously hope the jacket doesn't actually say "Final Gold Edition" on it. This is one I've been after for a long time. Stoked to finally get it.

the copy i have says "silver limited edition: 3xLP color vinyl" on the back of the jacket.

i don't know if the original tri color release has something similar, but what your complaining about isn't much different, it's just on the front instead of the back.