Riot Fest 2013

bgdesign

Are they still adding more bands to the Chicago line up or was the Replacements the last addition to the line up?

I believe there might be some more small bands added. Yesterday, they hinted that Chicago will almost certainly sell out, so I wouldn't wait too long past the daily tickets onsale to buy yours.

There should be some club shows coming.

Probably around the time they announce the festival schedule.

Word is Lemmy isn't doing so hot...maybe an additional band to replace Motörhead?

Anybody who is still waiting for the single day tickets to go on sale is basically a complete chump.

I think I read somewhere that Motorhead still is planning on making their tour dates.

having a helluva time finding a good reasonably-priced place to stay in Chicago. to save money (and have a kitchen) we're trying to find an apartment/condo/whatever to stay in via AirBNB and surprise, no one's place is available those days...

anyone have any suggestions? the hotels around Humboldt Park seem ratty and sketchy, but maybe across the freeway closer to downtown? we'll be using the bus system so i don't wanna stay too far away, but may not have a choice at this point.

I usually stay in the suburbs when i go to Chicago. For RF im staying in Rosemont, IL. My hotel has 24 hour shuttle to the Blue Line train which is a 2.25 ride that takes abour 20 minutes. My room costs about 98 bucks a night. You should look into it!

• 2 weeks later...

Riot Fest Chicago lineup updated.  Motorhead, Bad Brains, and Attack! Attack are off the bill.

bands added:

The Pixies

Joen Jett and the Blackhearts

Suicidal Tendencies

Andrew WK

Hatebreed

TSOL

Off With Their Heads

The Flatliners

Nativ

Hostage Calm

The Interupters

New Beat Fund

Pet Symmetry

friday is pretty weak.

True, but that may be a nod to the folks that would have issues getting off work. Judging by the number of acts, Friday probably starts later in the afternoon, too. I won't be sticking around to the end on Friday or Saturday, so hopefully there will be some good after party shows those nights.

friday is pretty weak.

True, but that may be a nod to the folks that would have issues getting off work. Judging by the number of acts, Friday probably starts later in the afternoon, too. I won't be sticking around to the end on Friday or Saturday, so hopefully there will be some good after party shows those nights.

The weak Friday lineup was actually a huge relief to me for exactly that reason.  I had some work stuff come up which is probably going to impact my ability to leave for Chicago until at least early Saturday morning.

^ too bad we all won't be able to hang out like last year since you'll be Mr. Important in the VIP lounge.  ;)