Riot Fest 2013

bgdesign

while at the show, you could rent a storage locker.  I was thinking about doing this if the lockers are big enough to hold a record.

I brought some posters back from Punk Rock Bowling rolled up in my suitcase with no tube and that worked out ok.

Another option is to stop by a post office/ups/fed ex store and mail it to yourself.

i didn't know they were going to have storage lockers. good to know. 

They had them last year.  I think they were like $15 a day or something.  Not bad if you can buy all your merch on day 1 and split the cost with some riot-pals.

checked riotfest.org and they do have locker info listed.  

$15 per day or $40 for all 3 days

locker size 11" wide x 13.5 " high x 18" deep

so record storage should be no problem.

the additional buy-up for phone charging access is a rip-off...there were outlets all along fences that you could just sit down and charge your phone for a bit.

They had them last year.  I think they were like $15 a day or something.  Not bad if you can buy all your merch on day 1 and split the cost with some riot-pals.

Storage lockers are big enough to hold records, 11"h x 13"v x 18" deep. You can also pay the locker people for phone charging access while you're there. http://www.entertainmentlockers.com/riot-fest-2013/

Flying with poster tubes is easy, just make sure you get a tube that will fit in your suitcase.

No re-entry is BS. One of the reasons I got VIP this year was that I figured the wristband meant we would be able to come and go. If nothing else, I'm now much less likely to show up early in the day for bands I'm less familiar with.

Yeah, I mean overall food and drinks weren't too terrible.  I don't usually do beer at festivals since its hot and i don't feel like water was unreasonable maybe like $2 or $3.  I feel like last year they had like Magic Hat and Goose Island(I could be wrong about that) so that was kind of cool.  Loads of "fair-type" food stands and the prices weren't awful.  Overall I'm looking forward to it again even if I am commuting in every day.

Your food/beverage $ may not be as big of a concern as the additional load on the gate/security staff keeping track of people going in and out, preventing ticket fraud, and keeping additional traffic in the neighborhood to a minimum (ie mitigating the need for police presence).

Also, I have known venues in the past to have no-outs policies due to city/permit requirements rather than their own policies.  There can be a variety of factors.

I am stoked to grab a 'Mats poster, but I am worried about how I will get it back from the show and what I am going to do with it all day. Anyone taken a poster tube on a plane before?

Billy I may have to paypal you some cash for AFI/Brand New merch if its good. Let me know if thats possible!

I am stoked to grab a 'Mats poster, but I am worried about how I will get it back from the show and what I am going to do with it all day. Anyone taken a poster tube on a plane before?

When I had my Transatlanticism print, I just used 3 rubber bands to roll it up and held with with great caution on the flight back home. But I don't see why they wouldn't let you on with a poster tube. 

When I had my Transatlanticism print, I just used 3 rubber bands to roll it up and held with with great caution on the flight back home. But I don't see why they wouldn't let you on with a poster tube. 

Good looking out! I will see how it plays out. I was only going to bring a backpack, but I may bring a suitcase thing instead so a poster tube could fit. I will see. At this point I am more worried about carrying a poster around all day Sunday. I just hope it doesn't rain. 

I don't know when they're going to be announcing the full schedule, but I have a few set times I can share:

FRIDAY

4pm - The Flatliners

8pm - Masked Intruder

SATURDAY

1pm - Memphis May Fire

2:45pm - The Lillingtons

5:45pm - Say Anything

6:45pm - The Lawrence Arms

SUNDAY

7:30pm - The Broadways

I don't know when they're going to be announcing the full schedule, but I have a few set times I can share:

FRIDAY

4pm - The Flatliners

8pm - Masked Intruder

SATURDAY

1pm - Memphis May Fire

SUNDAY

Broadways at 730? Yes! I can stay home and watch the entire Bears game at noon! Very nervous they would have had an afternoon set, causing me to miss part of the game

FRIDAY

4pm - The Flatliners

8pm - Masked Intruder

SATURDAY

1pm - Memphis May Fire

SUNDAY

Hmm, looks like they're deviating a bit from the rough order originally posted. It would be a night-game Saturday for Ohio State...