Riot Fest 2013

bgdesign

I must be a douche.  I don't really see the issue.  They seem to just give stuff away and field complaints from illiterate droolers.

I wouldn't even treat my friends that way let alone customers. Great for them that they got a dope lineup and sold a bunch of tickets and will probably make gobs of cash, but being an ass catches up with you.

I've thought about asking a question on the website/facebook, but don't really want to get into it - like you said, they don't really take kindly to questions...

The past two years they've advertised things that weren't available in Toronto. Both years I bought VIP tickets - last year, the security was shit and by the end of the night, the VIP was almost more crowded than GA. They also had said there was going to be a meet and greet with an artist....they set up a table at around 5, then tore it down around 6. I asked them after the fact, but was ignored. I wasn't super worried about that, but it still left a sour taste.

This year, there was supposed to be a "swag bag" that didn't exist. They also "oversold" the VIP (more than likely though, over-comped/over-press) so after I left to get merch/food I was stuck outside the section for 15 minutes during Iggy and the Stooges - it was ridiculous.

I went to the TURF fest in July in Toronto, it was miles better as far as organization and treatment.

I've thought about asking a question on the website/facebook, but don't really want to get into it - like you said, they don't really take kindly to questions...

The past two years they've advertised things that weren't available in Toronto. Both years I bought VIP tickets - last year, the security was shit and by the end of the night, the VIP was almost more crowded than GA. They also had said there was going to be a meet and greet with an artist....they set up a table at around 5, then tore it down around 6. I asked them after the fact, but was ignored. I wasn't super worried about that, but it still left a sour taste.

This year, there was supposed to be a "swag bag" that didn't exist. They also "oversold" the VIP (more than likely though, over-comped/over-press) so after I left to get merch/food I was stuck outside the section for 15 minutes during Iggy and the Stooges - it was ridiculous.

I went to the TURF fest in July in Toronto, it was miles better as far as organization and treatment.

I'm pretty sure it's just too few people trying to do too many things. Chicago seemed well-organized last year, but I heard horror stories about some of the other cities.

Personally, I don't think that they don't take kindly to questions; it's that they get a bajillion "Am I going to get jumped in Humboldt Park/ WIll X band be signing autographs / Can I bring my X" type questions that are already answered in the site FAQ. After answering the same question twenty times, I'd probably start being dickish to people, too.

Ok, so... board meetup? Maybe dinner/drinks somewhere, on Thursday night?

not getting in town until friday morning, but i assume most if not all of us will be attending most of these bands sets, we can easily arrange some kind of meetup before seeing say, flag, or bad religion or something.