Jack White/Third Man Records announces a bunch of new gimmicky bullshit

Dude can do whatever he wants with his money. He just must have SO MUCH money to be able to do all of this. I think it's pretty cool that he's resurrecting these kind of vintage/old-timey things and giving them a modern twist. Vinyl included as well. He's a savvy business man, not doubt. Good for him. I don't buy everything he puts out, but I buy a lot of it. Dude has eccentric taste, and it's usually for the better. I enjoy seeing what he's gonna do next, even if it may not be for me.

Dude can do whatever he wants with his money. He just must have SO MUCH money to be able to do all of this. I think it's pretty cool that he's resurrecting these kind of vintage/old-timey things and giving them a modern twist. Vinyl included as well. He's a savvy business man, not doubt. Good for him. I don't buy everything he puts out, but I buy a lot of it. Dude has eccentric taste, and it's usually for the better. I enjoy seeing what he's gonna do next, even if it may not be for me.

I'd say $30 million would give you a little room to play around http://www.celebrity...-singers-world/

I have all the respect in the world for Jack White. Like someone else said, he could just sit in some mansion and count money OR he could do stuff with his money that people will get enjoyment out of. Opening a record store, starting a label, all this "gimmicky shit" is the thing he is interested in and wants people to be interested in. It really gets people into everything vinyl and from a golden era of kitsch and Americana. One of those mold machines wouldn't have been cheap and that Scopitone would have cost a mint to restore and get all those videos put on to 16mm reels. He's doing things for the fans of his label's music. You don't have to go there and spend money on it but it's there if you want to. He hasn't gone the way of KI$$ or MI$FIT$ and just whored himself out to any piece of merch that comes his way (condoms, coffins, perfumes, fragrances and fucking golf balls). The dude has a fuckload of money so these things are his way of sharing his fortunes with the people who helped him get there. He never stops working, always doing something and that is commendable.

It's nice to see he put they money he made from ebaying all those "rare color vinyl" TMR releases to good use. I honestly don't give a shit about Jack White or his label but I have to say I thought that wax model machine was pretty neat. I always loved getting those wax animals from the machines at the zoo and it is kinda neat to see him add a bunch of fancy shit in his place for all the marks that come and visit it.