Sunlight Ascending - Leaving My Waiting Room (Kickstarter)

So this is a bit late and I realize now that I should have posted this in here weeks ago when I pledged for this Kickstarter, but this post-rock band from Michigan is awesome and they are trying to press their new album on vinyl as well as CD.

There's only 5 days left and they have just over $500 dollars to go so your help would really be appreciated. These guys really deserve to be funded so they can make a physical release possible.

Here is their Facebook page: http://www.facebook.com/sunlightascending

You can download all of their previous works here: http://sunlight-ascending.bandcamp.com/

And here is the link to the Kickstarter: http://www.kickstarter.com/projects/sunlightascending/sunlight-ascending-leaving-my-waiting-room

I know some people may not want to pledge for the $35 dollar bundle which is the cheapest one with vinyl because it is the digital release, the physical CD, and also the vinyl, but I commented on their Facebook about not wanting the new album in 3 formats and would rather replace the CD with a t-shirt and they said that would be fine so I highly recommend you choose that $35 option and just message them to let them know you'd like a t-shirt instead of the CD.

Please help these dudes out!

Come on people! This is good shit!

60 hours left and $231 left. That's just 7 $35 packages to reach the goal. Less actually. And with that you get the digital release, the vinyl, and you can ask to replace the digi-pak CD with a t-shirt.

Please help this bad reach its goal! Your help is really appreciated!

And for the record I am not in any way affiliated with the band. I'm just a fan who really wants to see them succeed. :)

pledged last night. glad to back these guys. I did send them a message asking to swap out the CD for a shirt. Either way, glad to back, and glad to be getting a vinyl release.

Hell yea! Glad to hear that they have your support! Somehow they gained over $800 yesterday. I think there was maybe a $300 and $500 pledge. I hope those are real and the total goes through in the end.

Stoked to hear this album and spin it on vinyl! Keep the pledges comin!

• 3 months later...

I sent a message to them via Kickstarter just a couple days ago and got this response last night.

Sorry for the long wait on an update... we are almost to the point of pressing vinyl (we talked with the pressing plant last week), and it will be ordered before the end of the month. I know we said it was gonna be shipped in March, but I think it'll be ready more towards mid-April, and then it'll be shipped out with the rest of the rewards. We do, however, have everything else completed from the Kickstarter project, including the shirts, digi-paks, and screen-printed posters (aside from a live-album we'll be working on when the vinyl is released), so your package will be arriving around the end of April.

Not really sure if the records will be ready by the time they say since they said they haven't even ordered yet. Not sure if they realize the delays that pressing plants are experiencing lately, especially because of RSD. So we shall see when these will really be done being pressed. I sure hope we can get these by the end of April, but I wouldn't be surprised if it is delayed further. Either way, I'm just glad they are getting the ball rolling. Can't wait to get my hands on this.

kickstarter update:

We're glad to announce that a few days ago we put in the order for Vinyl. We ordered the records (200 double LPs) through Archer record pressing in Detroit, and can't wait to hear the outcome! We plan on doing a different take on the album artwork for the record and packaging, which we'll be printing ourselves. We're sending out the first packages throughout the next couple weeks (the packages which included the T-shirts, screen-printed posters, and digi-pak CDs), and I'm hoping vinyl will be ready within the next month depending on how the mastering/pressing process goes, so those packages will ship out a little bit later. There's still a live CD in the works too, which we plan on shipping exclusively with the records. I think it'll end up being pretty cool for those of you who haven't had the chance to see us live yet. Recording for that begins soon... until then, we hope you're enjoying the album, and we can wait to hit the road in the summer. Hope you're all having a fantastic day!

• 1 month later...
  • 1 month later...

damn, I thought you had an actual update 

From the FB page:

"Sooo... the records are finally done. Everything that's been delayed is being shipped out ASAP. We ran into several problems over the first half of this year (between running out of money, having problems at the pressing plant, getting gear stolen, and dumb stuff that happens when you're in a band comprised of overly stressed-out music nerds), and we didn't get the records out nearly as quick as we had hoped. We'll make it worth the wait for those of you who haven't received their packages yet, and we know sometimes these things can take longer than expected, but it has been entirely too long of a wait for you guys and girls, so for that we apologize. 

And no, we're not breaking up; we have just been super busy outside of the band, but we plan on getting back into the gear of things as soon as the packages are delivered... We'll post pictures of the vinyl soon.

Speaking of the records, they'll be available at our next show, which is scheduled for July 20th @ Genesis in downtown Royal Oak, w/ Courtesy Drop and Former States. I know it's coming up quick, but it's our first show back in a little while... let's pack the place!

Also, we're performing at the Blind Pig in Ann Arbor on July 24th w/PaucityMan Mountain, and Hampshire, so if you can't make it to the vinyl release show, maybe we'll see you here:https://www.facebook.com/events/546694205392402/?fref=ts

Hopefully we'll be back full force soon. Until then, we wish the best for you all and we'll see you soon!"

• 1 month later...