PO: Silverstein - This Is How The Wind Shifts

i emailed customer service and they had this to say

Aha, that's a bummer, was hoping on it to arrive somewhere this week or next...

But I never  had problems with their service tbh. Just stupid that they can't ship out on the release date... but those problems are elsewhere I guess.

And I got the second package.

So I'm intrigued by this boxset, but I'm not sure exactly what it is. Is it 8 songs, 8 spoken word pieces set to music, or maybe an 8 part explanation on the difference between ham & canadian bacon? Any clarification would be greatly appreciated.

the boxset has eight 7"s and each one has 2 songs on them. the songs are the same as the LP but its the way theyre paired that puts them together story-wise (the songs are in a different order than the LP)

heres what shane had to say: "Each track has a parallel track that tells the story in a different light, what would have happened if things were different due to a single event. The song titles of each parallel track go together, forming a sentence or in some cases two words that relate to each other and to the story."

regular tracklisting:

01. Stand Amid The Roar

02. On Brave Mountains We Conquer

03. Massachusetts

04. This Is How

05. A Better Place

06. Hide Your Secrets

07. Arrivals

08. In A Place Of Solace

09. In Silent Seas We Drown

10. California

11. The Wind Shifts

12. To Live And To Lose

13. With Second Chances

14. Departures

boxset tracklisting:

Stand Amid The Roar/In A Place of Solace

On Brave Mountains We Conquer/In Silent Seas We Drown

Massachusetts/California

This Is How/The Wind Shifts

A Better Place/ To Live and To Lose

Hide Your Secrets/With Second Chances

Arrivals/Departures

Ahhhh. I'm still waiting on my 7" box set and Seafoam green 12"

Hopefully it comes in today. How is this record, compared to Rescue? I liked Rescue, there were a few really great songs on it. No matter what, though, I always go back to Discovering the Waterfront. That is one of my favorite records of all time.

I believe the band had the 7" boxset at the show tonight, so hopefully those packages are on its way to your mailboxes

A lot of people have been hyping this up and saying it's Silverstein's best record to date! Drew - I'm looking at you! Loved your top 5 feature on AP.net. The chat with the Silverstein dudes on AP too made it apparent that they all think this is their best work to date as well.

I loved it on my first couple listens but I need to listen a few more times to decide how it ranks with past releases...