PO: Nick Cave & The Bad Seeds - Push The Sky Away

Now, that is a box set that actually sounds like it might be worth the price.

Includes:

• CD Album and vinyl album [180gm Heavyweight Vinyl]
  • DVD with specially created visuals by artists Iain Forsyth & Jane Pollard
  • 2 x exclusive 7" vinyl containing non album bonus tracks
  • Exclusive 120-page replica of Nick Cave's handwritten, hand stamped and hand glued notebooks
  • Numbered certificate of authenticity signed by Nick Cave (original signature limited to first 300 orders)
  • Exclusive liner notes

I love/hate that that whole preview video just has that unsettling bass rumble underneath the whole thing and that it's seemingly building towards previewing a song that never happens. Fun to hear Nick Cave talk too for some reason...he has a much more commanding voice on stage and it's never that candid and relaxed.

• 3 weeks later...

I wrote them a couple times to try and find out if I got my order in on time to get one of the signed ones. They gave me some bs. I figure if small indie labels can do it, why can't they? I ended up just canceling my order because in the end $174 with shipping is frickin' ridiculous. I will just buy the regular old record when it shows up in stores. Really wanted to see that notebook though.

• 3 weeks later...

Heads up for anyone living in France, Belgium, Luxembourg or Switzerland: you can preorder the vinyl with free shipping at Amazon France. Total price is 17,2 euro, which is pretty cheap!

http://www.amazon.fr/Push-Away-Nick-Cave-Seeds/dp/B00AFOS6KM/ref=sr_1_1?ie=UTF8&qid=1357389549&sr=8-1

• 2 months later...