VC's Best Records of the 2012 (you decide!)

Good to see a lot of my choices listed

Full Lengths

The Gaslight Anthem - Handwritten

Masked Intruder - Masked Intruder

Hop Along - Get Disowned

The Tower and the Fool - How Long

The Menzingers - On the Impossible Past

EP's

Muncie Girls - Revolution Summer

Prawn - Ships

State Champs - Overslept

Spraynard - Exton Square

japandroids, taylor swift.

it doesnt matter though... apparently title fight and thrice represses are just going to wreak havoc on all the year-ends around here.

Anberlin - Vital (best since cities)

The All-American Rejects - Kids In The Street (best album by the band yet. a lot of work went into it)

Go Radio - Close The Distance (such a heartfelt and emotional album)

Yellowcard - Southern Air (An album that embodied this summer)

Shiny Toy Guns - III (they are back! and its good!)

Honorable mentions:

Dinosaur Jr (their new album is good but not better than Farm or Beyond from the 3 comeback records)

Say Anything (new album is good and unique for their discography but has its ups and downs)

The Swellers (Amazing EP. Did not put it in my top 5 since its not a full album but one of the best releases for sure)

Minus The Bear (new album is a good mix of new and old. Solid and safe but good all around)

As much as I love of Montreal, I can't put Paralytic Stalks in my top 5. That and Daughter of Cloud would probably be in under 10 though.

haha that album really got mixed reviews. I think it's an artistic breakthrough for them though. my opinion of it might have something to do with the fact that i felt like some of the themes fit my life perfectly at the time of it's release.