VC's Best Represses of the 2012 (you decide!)

margot and the nuclear so & so's - the dust of retreat

Yellowcard - one for the kids

Bright eyes - fever & mirrors

Bright eyes - letting off the happiness

Moving mountains - foreward ep

Counting crows - august and everything after

Cassino - kingprince

Northstar - is this thing loaded

*way more than 5 I know but 2012 had too much good stuff repressed

Woo! Technically that was an original press, but I'm happy to make someones list.

I think cuz certain things have been out of print for so long? like Dopesmoker, Quicksand, Bright Eyes, War All the Time, etc. Its cool because now people don't have to sell their first born to get certain records that are so long out of print :) or remasters like the Smashing Pumpkins stuff, which was last year I know, but there's quite a bit more out there than pop punk records being released for the first time. Not like I have a problem with that, but that's just a chunk of whats been put out there. Again no hate, just sayin

I think cuz certain things have been out of print for so long? like Dopesmoker, Quicksand, Bright Eyes, War All the Time, etc. Its cool because now people don't have to sell their first born to get certain records that are so long out of print :) or remasters like the Smashing Pumpkins stuff, which was last year I know, but there's quite a bit more out there than pop punk records being released for the first time. Not like I have a problem with that, but that's just a chunk of whats been put out there. Again no hate, just sayin

Yea I understand, I didn't mean the existence of those represses was uncool or anything. I just meant that you have new releases on one poll, represses on the other, and then a record like one for the kids that is ineligible for either.

But now I'm embarrassed I'm still talking about this...catch you guys on the ass appreciation thread.

haha butts > records...well maybe? yeah maybe there should be three polls or something, because there definitely is a lot of rad stuff pressed for the first time....like Rufio!! I've been waiting for that record for years :)

oh god, I was definitely not bitching in defense of Rufio. Hope it doesnt seem like that. I voted for yellowcard.

Blur box.

Such a vast improvement over the original pressings (except 13 and Think Tank because they are the exact same and have been great)

Only heard this on CD but it sounded fantastic. I love how a lot of people relate Blur solely to Song 2 being that it was a bit of a last minute jam. I'd have to say I was one of them before I heard these remasters. Good shturff.