Hydra Health: A Hydra Head Rehabilitation Project (And All-Encompassing Thread)

Fuck this label. Some of those re-presses seem cool and all, but should have been done years ago. Plus, still no plans for Beyond Hypothermia and a legitimate and decent sized pressing of We Are the Romans. This stuff would be much better off in someone else's hands.

i don't get it? always the same phrases: "fuck HH!" "fuck their prices!" "fuck this and fuck that!"

stop this shit!!! they released some killer stuff! they at least tried and are still trying to rerelease stuff that folks seem to want! so stop complaining, buy some shit if you want and help these guys out! don't like it, then just don't buy it!

there are a few very reasonable priced items in my opinion.

damn!!

The whole don't like it, don't buy it has been the issue for years. They put out overpriced records geared to limited audiences and wonder why they're broke. If they had re-pressed those records way back as demand has dictated, perhaps they wouldn't be in this boat.

At this point though, the most Hydra Head thing to do is make a big stink about going under and never actually doing it.

seeeriously wtf? Hydra Head puts out some of the highest quality releases that I've been able to add to my collection. Its the whole 'you get what you pay for' thing. If you're willing to spend a little extra cash then you get some really really well put together releases. Its sad too because people have no problem dropping like 23 or 25 bucks on a hot topic repress from something that came out 10 years ago but when hydra head has the same prices on new releases, or even represses, people poop their pants. You want a Porsche; spend the extra money, but don't buy one and complain about how its unfair that they're far more expensive then your '95 Ford Taurus. thats right...Hydra Head releases are the Porsches of the vinyl industry!!

No one is going to argue that physically they are high quality, but you should not be surprised you're going broke when you put out $30 Pyramids records. Hell, even Southern Lord got over the stupid extra limited releases and never re-issuing stuff. It's been wasted potential for years now.

It just seems to me the whole don't like it, don't buy it practice came back to bite them in the ass.

"Between the downturn in sales of music in recent years, our tendency of releasing artists whose work is too challenging to be commercially viable, our collective insistence on high standards for recording and packaging, and an intentionally artistic but admittedly financially unsound approach to running a label"

That is a pretty flowery and long winded way of saying that they had a bad business model.