Hydra Health: A Hydra Head Rehabilitation Project (And All-Encompassing Thread)

Sounded like the Hell Songs they just put up were left over tour press discs inserted into the normal press jackets, from the description. They said 'black vinyl, white labels.' Tour press was black vinyl, white labels. The standard press of black should have the same labels as the other colours, which are not white IIRC.

• 3 months later...

Unfortunately they didn't get new prices

I hate this, every fucking time something Hydra Head gets talked about it is this comment.

They put out quality products from good artists, why bitch? I have ordered probably thousands of dollars worth of Hydra Head stuff over the years from them directly, stores, and the bands themselves and have never once felt like I got ripped off.

I'm too lazy to create an account to see if the shipping is cheaper.  Blue Collar Distro's shipping cost was the biggest problem I had ordering from Hydra Head.

I do like how they have Sold Out on the item image now too.  It was obnoxious clicking on an item only to find it's sold out.

I hate this, every fucking time something Hydra Head gets talked about it is this comment.

They put out quality products from good artists, why bitch? I have ordered probably thousands of dollars worth of Hydra Head stuff over the years from them directly, stores, and the bands themselves and have never once felt like I got ripped off.

It's because their prices are beyond stupid and you can't justify the cost because they are nicely packaged because plenty of other labels are able to sell their records similarly packaged for less money and not cry poor or threaten to go out of business. I really believe their whole threat to go out of business was just to dupe you marks into paying their over inflated prices. It sure seems to have worked. I'm sorry but 20+ dollars for a 12" EP is a fucking ripoff unless it is packaged in solid gold. 

The only label worse is AmRep with their 50 dollar 7"s. I loved both of these labels until they priced me right out of being a fan and buying their products.

I have ordered probably thousands of dollars worth of Hydra Head stuff over the years from them directly, stores, and the bands themselves and have never once felt like I got ripped off.

Same here, except with the latest Cave In - UYHS repress whose both white and clear orange colored vinyl where poorly pressed - juggernaut is unplayable. I am surprised very few people noticed that and the label didn't do anything about it.

Gotta get the Cave In tape. Just because. 

I was thinking the same thing.  Cave In is one of my favorite bands and I'm a sucker for cassettes on top of that.  Even though I'm bummed HH isn't releasing any new music, I'm not disappointed with their focus on repressing older releases.

• 8 months later...