Hydra Health: A Hydra Head Rehabilitation Project (And All-Encompassing Thread)

1 hour ago, 2notepockets said:

Makes sense I suppose, just seems like a strange choice to reissue something that already has 5 pressings, when stuff like Beyond Hypothermia or the Poacher Diaries has only been done once like 20 years ago...

Poacher Diaries went back to Relapse. They would have to do it.

I wish they'd do Beyond Hypothermia but probably not going to happen.

13 minutes ago, KaitouG said:

Still waiting for SGNL>05 to be repressed...

Got two copies for sale on Discogs right now if you want to get a copy.

If they repressed Beyond Hypothermia, I would gladly buy a copy, but not at some stupid “save our label” price. If they just bent even in the slightest to what fans and collectors wanted, it might be better for business. Always supported Aaron and HHR, and will, but the “hey, we found old stock, come spend a fortune on it” yard sale thing is off-putting.

5 hours ago, KnifeStreet said:

If they repressed Beyond Hypothermia, I would gladly buy a copy, but not at some stupid “save our label” price. If they just bent even in the slightest to what fans and collectors wanted, it might be better for business. Always supported Aaron and HHR, and will, but the “hey, we found old stock, come spend a fortune on it” yard sale thing is off-putting.

I don't think any of the stuff they're repressed has been that over priced, some of the test presses on the other hand... However I like that they are giving people access to buy some of this stuff if they really want it maybe ebay would've been the better place for that stuff though...

looking at what they have up on there now there's still bargains e.g. Discordance Axis 2LP's for $8, Oceanic Remixes 2LP for $10...

1 hour ago, 2notepockets said:

I don't think any of the stuff they're repressed has been that over priced, some of the test presses on the other hand... However I like that they are giving people access to buy some of this stuff if they really want it maybe ebay would've been the better place for that stuff though...

looking at what they have up on there now there's still bargains e.g. Discordance Axis 2LP's for $8, Oceanic Remixes 2LP for $10...

Totally with you on the represses, price and quality are solid, I even have copies of Caring and Killing and Until Your Heart Stops.   My beef was with the lack of a repress of BH, but finding an old copy to sell for $300.  The list of stuff has a couple solid deals, but some of that stuff is ridiculous. EBay with a reasonable starting bid would still have landed them decent coin for all of that stuff.  

Hell, I’m a huge Drowningman fan, and am still contemplating buying that test press!

Focus on repressing some of the great stuff that is short printed, listen to long time fans and supporters. 

Another idea?  Do an actual new pressing of all the In These Black Days singles, all on new colors with uniform covers in an actual box set, not just a box set of grab bag leftovers. Have the six releases’ front covers line up in a poster sized mural.  Make it refreshing, and my wallet will gladly be waiting, haha. 

Edited by KnifeStreet

1 hour ago, KnifeStreet said:

Another idea?  Do an actual new pressing of all the In These Black Days singles, all on new colors with uniform covers in an actual box set, not just a box set of grab bag leftovers. Have the six releases’ front covers line up in a poster sized mural.  Make it refreshing, and my wallet will gladly be waiting, haha. 

and or put it all together as a comp on a 2LP

Pretty sure that they couldn't redo those 7"s cause they didn't have the permission to use those songs. Remember when those came out that most sales were done via mail order and zine ads. Shit like this wasn't on the radar. It's not like now when you can search Discogs, YouTube, etc and file "cease and desist" orders (and you all know Sharon would do that in a second)...

18 hours ago, blessedxcursed said:

Pretty sure that they couldn't redo those 7"s cause they didn't have the permission to use those songs. Remember when those came out that most sales were done via mail order and zine ads. Shit like this wasn't on the radar. It's not like now when you can search Discogs, YouTube, etc and file "cease and desist" orders (and you all know Sharon would do that in a second)...

Bummer, because that was a fantastic idea for a series. 

No excuse for Beyond Hypothermia though, other than Steve Brodsky probably not being all that into releasing any of the stuff before he took over the vocal slot.  I honestly prefer that CD to everything they've released since, although they have never released a bad record.  I'm just more of an old-schooler who only really saw them play with Jay or Dave on vocals, only saw Steve fronting them once. 

Some of the older Isis stuff would be great too, like the demo (maybe a 7" release), Red Sea and the Sawblade EP. 

It would also be cool to see a compilation CD or LP of some of their lesser releases (Coalesce/Boy Sets Fire split, Drowningman/TDEP split, Huguenots/SevenPercentSolution split, etc.)  Hate to see all this stuff just released and never revisited. 

46 minutes ago, KnifeStreet said:

Bummer, because that was a fantastic idea for a series. 

No excuse for Beyond Hypothermia though, other than Steve Brodsky probably not being all that into releasing any of the stuff before he took over the vocal slot.  I honestly prefer that CD to everything they've released since, although they have never released a bad record.  I'm just more of an old-schooler who only really saw them play with Jay or Dave on vocals, only saw Steve fronting them once. 

Some of the older Isis stuff would be great too, like the demo (maybe a 7" release), Red Sea and the Sawblade EP. 

It would also be cool to see a compilation CD or LP of some of their lesser releases (Coalesce/Boy Sets Fire split, Drowningman/TDEP split, Huguenots/SevenPercentSolution split, etc.)  Hate to see all this stuff just released and never revisited. 

The Isis demo is more than a 7" worth of material. It was already released on vinyl several times on the 12" version of the Red Sea reissue. 

Sawblade was mostly included on Temporal.

Mosquito Control is getting reissued.

17 hours ago, KaitouG said:

13 hours ago, Korgull Of Morgoth said:

ha thanks yeah I checked the hydrahead merch table site and it didn't have any... shipping is more than the record from both these places unfortunately - any German distros would probably be best for me

• 1 month later...
  • 1 month later...
On 11/20/2017 at 8:56 PM, 2notepockets said:

Any one know where you can still get copies of  Oxbow - Thin Black Duke?

Finally got round to listening to it and it real good.

Repress on White vinyl is up:

https://hydrahead.merchtable.com/mobile/products/music/vinyl*/oxbow-thin-black-duke-repress-vinyl-lp?no_redirect=true