Rollins Band End of Silence Demos 2xLP

1HLP03.JPG1HLP02.JPG

http://henryrollins...._source=mtemail

In February of 1991, my bandmates and I sought to the demo songs we had been working on for several months. We went in, played all the songs we had with the arrangements and lyrics such as they were at the time, put a few over dubs on, mixed it to a cassette and were done with it. In October of that year, we would record what became the actual End Of Silence album.

Many years later, I contacted my engineer pal Cliff Norrell to see if he would give the tapes a more considered mix, thinking that it would perhaps be a good release of unheard music.

We mixed the songs and they sounded pretty damn good. We released the tracks on CD and were done with the project.

Several months ago, I got to thinking that perhaps some people would appreciate a vinyl version of these songs. The tapes had been in storage and well kept. I brought them to Oasis Mastering in Burbank, California to give them a listen and to see if it would be a legitimate endeavor. We listened down to the tapes and again, they sounded good and so we went forth and mastered all the tracks.

After listening to these songs again after all these years, it reminded me of how good that line up was and how lean and mean the demos sounded. I came to the conclusion that I preferred the demos to the actual album. Hell, we should have just released the demos and saved everyone a bunch of time and trouble. (1HLP02)

From my many previous purchases of the Henry/21361 store, when they put up stuff fro sale, it ships immediately as all is on hand and ready.

I have the CD version of this released a few years back and pretty much agree with what Rollins wrote in that the demos sound better than the finished album recording.

Bought! I love these demos, and the album that resulted. Actually, the entire Rollins discography is great, in my book; I think it's pretty underrated, or maybe kind of forgotten. Maybe I'm wrong in that suspicion.

I feel the same way. I think that nowadays Rollins is more known as a spoken word artist and sometime actor and TV host than for his music endeavors. Especially Rollins Band.

stoked about this!

i wish they'd press the Come in and Burn complete session, but that would probably be a 4xLP

Agreed! Some of it's a little uneven, but there's a ton of energy in those sessions. Maybe, if this sells, he'll go back and put all of that stuff that was released a few years ago out on vinyl. I'd be in for it!

when i met him a few weeks ago I should have hounded him about it, but we were the last people to talk to him and he was so exhausted he could barely stand....plus it was Rollins so I was super fucking intimidated to be around him. That has never changed whenever I've seen him.

mines on its way. snagged the 2LP vinyl of EoS a little while back and it sounds fantastic. one of the most important albums of my shitty teen years, so cant wait to hear how these demo versions sound. i'll also back the request for Come in and Burn vinyl. that album has aged well in my opinion.

• 4 weeks later...
  • 4 months later...