Discogs Users

derby625

I use it for cataloging and researching. I add a release if its not on there, but not every bit of info. (Standard stuff plus any unique info to the release). I let the die hards list all the deep credits.

It really is the best site and only as good as the users. The detail from the users helped me id and purchase my original copy of The Wall

just spent the last two hours taking pictures of lps to post on discogs. my life is so boring courtesy of being broke and in a long-distance relationship.

oh well, the vinyl world wins thanks to my boredom. i'm hoping to get quality images of every release in my collection.

here's a start:

http://www.discogs.c...release=3387026

http://www.discogs.com/viewimages?release=4014539 (getting a decent picture of an etching totally sucks)

just spent the last two hours taking pictures of lps to post on discogs. my life is so boring courtesy of being broke and in a long-distance relationship.

oh well, the vinyl world wins thanks to my boredom. i'm hoping to get quality images of every release in my collection.

here's a start:

http://www.discogs.c...release=3387026

http://www.discogs.c...release=4014539 (getting a decent picture of an etching totally sucks)

I wish I were back in MPLS right now. I loved lazy Saturdays in Uptown.

i shop on discogs alot but my collection isn't entirely accurate. i'm sure ive sold off some stuff and bought more etc since i've last used it.

every time i try to work on my discogs collection i get bored.

my deadformat collection is 100% accurate. i always update it whenever i buy/sell.

i'm still almightyseancore over there i think. or uncreative_name. one of the two.

I love Discogs - the format, the organization, the users for the most part. Love the value option, even if it's not totally accurate. I'm about 300 records behind in my archive to add... but all new stuff gets on there right away. It's a great resource for me.

I also love the daily email updates I receive on new items for sale in my wantlist. Been able to pounce and grab some pretty good deals on some pretty hard to find items this way.

I just found a retail price of a variant of a record that goes for about twice that now, and I'm super worried because he has no feedback and no prior sales history. My guess is that he put the wrong variant down, messaging him to see if he's sure, because I want it.

If I do do it and it happens to be the wrong variant, is there anything I can do about it?

Same thing happened to me with the latest Arrivals record. I just took a chance and it was the gold one. If it wasn't, I was gonna message them and try to get a partial refund so it would come out to whatever it would cost through the label. I didn't have it on black though.

Messaging him just to see if he'll respond, that'll make me feel far better if he does. .

Speaking of the wrong variant. I ordered a copy of Jesus Lizard Liar from Germany because it was listed under the "dark red" variant. When it showed up it was black. I could and have in the past paid easily $10 less to get a black one in the States. Now I have to weigh whether or not its worth it to send it back to Germany or if I can just trade it out at a store for something worthwhile.

• 5 months later...

Who here is an active user of discogs.com?

I am on there waaaay too much between cataloging my collection/submitting unique releases/fixing disaster submissions.

Basically I'm looking for other people here that know their releases and/or can vote on discogs to help clean up some releases.

I usually try to clean up submissions as I look for records for myself. It's pretty fun, I enjoy it.

I usually try to clean up submissions as I look for records for myself. It's pretty fun, I enjoy it.

I do every record I own on Dead format, but I can't stand the clutter separate pages for different variants on dead format.

I really wish I knew how to create a database Web page because I have some great ideas in my head.

I prefer to use a google docs spreadsheet, I hate not being able to make personal comments or notes on records in my collection.

i think you can do this on discogs.

How?  That's the one thing I'd love to be able to do to my discogs spread sheet.  And my own notes that aren't included in the release info on discogs.