Sun Kil Moon & The Album Leaf

Guest deathbydrums

Guest deathbydrums

Sun Kil Moon &The Album Leaf:

Perils From The Sea

(Caldo Verde Records)

Release Date: April 30, 2013

'Perils From The Sea' is the debut collaboration by The Album Leaf's multi-instrumentalist Jimmy LaValle and Sun Kil Moon singer Mark Kozelek. The project began on Sept 11, 2011, when Kozelek, a fan and acquaintance of LaValle, asked Jimmy to co-write a song. LaValle, a long time admirer of Kozelek's work, said yes, and the track 'What Happened To My Brother' came together quickly. Pleased with the results, the two agreed to record an entire album. Kozelek and LaValle continued to work together over the following year, until 'Perils From The Sea' was completed. For the album LaValle chose a more minimalist approach to the music than The Album Leaf's large sonic soundscapes. The lyrics to the song, 'You Missed My Heart', Kozelek says were inspired by a nightmare he had in an Ontario hotel room. Kozelek's story-telling narratives playing against LaValle's hypnotic synth sounds and drums beats should come as a pleasant surprise to fans, and should serve as a great introduction to those previously unacquainted with these prolific and acclaimed artists. "Sun Kil Moon & The Album Leaf" will play their debut concert at UE Festival, Dordecht, Holland May 11, and an additional show at Shepard's Bush Empire, London, May 13.

Track listing:

1. What Happened To My Brother

2. 1936

3. Gustavo

4. You Missed My Heart

5. Caroline

6. Baby In Death Can I Rest Next To Your Grave

7. By The Time That I Awoke

8. Ceiling Gazing

9. Here Come More Perils From The Sea

10. He Always Felt Like Dancing

11. Somehow The Wonder Of Life Prevails

Gonna be super bummed if they pull another Among the Leaves with the this album....and we have to wait forever for a vinyl edition!

hopefully they will keep it consistent with the cd/dig...but its not looking good as of yet

plus this coming in JAN 2013...that would be a lot of vinyl releases in early part of year.....

http://www.theuncool.com/vinyl/sun-kil-moon-third-and-seneca/

• 4 weeks later...