Sun Kil Moon & The Album Leaf

Guest deathbydrums

I got another charge from them yesterday but no shipping yesterday. Hoping it's a blue MK/JL Perils. I don't need another yellow Benji.

This is silly. Got this email hours after I realized there was a charge:

This is an update regarding your purchase of: KOZELEK,MARK & JIMMY LAVALLE/PERILS FROM THE SEA@2XLP@BLUE VINYL LIMITED TO 400 COPIES ------------------------------

------------------------------------------------------- Hello, We are so sorry, but we will not be able to fill this order for you. We just got a handful of these in and filled them according to who ordered first. We will not be getting anymore of these in stock so we are canceling this item from your order. If you have been charged for this, please no that a refund has been issued and does take a few days to post to your account. Again, we are sorry that we did get enough to fill all the orders! Kiley

So, there was a time that I used to complain about how they released Among The Leaves in an extremely limited preorder and only available on the Caldo Verde site.  I take it back.  That was preferable to the clusterfuck this and "Benji" has become. 

at least there are more copies of Benji available.... i'll never get 'among the leaves' for a reasonable price.....

I'd say these last two MK releases have been 'super easy' to obtain, in comparison to other releases. Yes in the past (pre AFP) they were pretty easy to come buy as he was just not that popular yet. But if you put in the slightest effort both Benji and this were a piece of cake! (maybe not the color you prefer but still its about the record) 

The biggest problem with these two particular releases was the lack of early information. For all we knew, the 300 on the CV website was going to be it (regarding Perils). Then, the fiasco that was Luna offering the only 100 blue copies in existence (their words) of Benji. If only they were upfront about what they were pressing, and where to get it... 

• 3 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

amazon.co.uk order for this still says delivery estimate for Sept.8-16.  Wonder if this will actually materialize...

not looking like this is gonna pan out.  :(

in better news, apparently The Album Leaf will be getting Sub-Pop to repress "In A Safe Place"

• 2 months later...

Just got Perils From The Sea, sealed, this weekend from one of the shops I frequent which I know has not been there this whole time. On blue vinyl of course, and it sounds great. Any reason why they would just be getting this? Maybe it was in the back for a long time or something.

why didn't you ask the guy at the shop where/when they got it?

Just got Perils From The Sea, sealed, this weekend from one of the shops I frequent which I know has not been there this whole time. On blue vinyl of course, and it sounds great. Any reason why they would just be getting this? Maybe it was in the back for a long time or something.

Did you get it from Dave's? I found one there a week ago. Not sure why they had them.