Tool Vinyl BUYING GUIDE (Original/Boots, etc.)

Just saw this today:

http://www.ebay.com/itm/TOOL-MMXII-DOUBLE-PICTURE-VINYL-LIVE-2012-LIM-EDITION-500-COPIES-BRAND-NEW-/111115880258?pt=Music_on_Vinyl&hash=item19df05c742

Soundboard recording? Doubt it.

Obvious boot, but looks strangely sweet. Anybody seen it anywhere else? Thoughts?

Edit: Also, I guess there's a discogs page on it, but it's under the wrong "Tool".

http://www.discogs.com/Tool-MMXII/release/4546660

Edited by topher26

• 4 weeks later...

There's two pressings of the OG. One had the Tool sticker on the shrink, the other didn't. Sometimes people would take the sticker off the shrink wrap and place it on the cover. There's a few other differences between the two pressings. They have different sized fonts/logos on the spine. The center labels are very vivid and noticeable on one of the pressings. The other has the same design for the center labels but you can barely see it as it has almost no color (this is the version I have). I know what I just mentioned may sound confusing but there are definitely two versions of the OG pressing.

Do you know which pressing has the dark and which has the light? Also, anyone have info on the dead wax etchings for the "A" and "B" pressings?

Thanks!

• 3 weeks later...
  • 4 weeks later...

A bunch of the Aenima translucent orange boots showed up on Amazon recently. $43 plus shipping which yeah a little pricey but seeing that people are still paying between 70 and 150 for this one on ebay it's not too bad. Price keeps slowly going up on them fyi. Mine showed up today and it sounds great.

http://www.amazon.com/gp/offer-listing/B00000099X/ref=sr_1_1_olp?ie=UTF8&qid=1381087583&sr=8-1&keywords=tool+aenima+vinyl&condition=new

• 2 weeks later...

http://www.ebay.com/itm/TOOL-LIVE-IN-NEWCASTLE-ENGLAND-1993-COLOURED-VINYL-LP-/131004393732?pt=Music_on_Vinyl&hash=item1e80786904

Been looking for an excuse to bump this thread.

These boots are getting increasingly ridiculous/annoying.

I have no problem whatsoever with bootlegs of concerts... have several myself. However, counterfeiting legit releases is ridiculous/annoying, I agree. I've been fighting a battle with a seller of a PJ Harvey counterfeit record who will not accept what he sold me is a fake.

Yep, some live stuff from the Undertow era would be great. There's tons of soundboards and good live stuff like the Tales From The Darkside boot from 93/94... There's even the home footage of the band recording Undertow that would be nice to have officially!

We can always dream...

Yeah boots are kinda OK (sometimes great to have) but I agree that FAKE copies of legit records is wrong. I thought eBay had to pull them if they were fakes? You'd have thought that Aenima would have been done by someone in the last few years!

Just thought I'd post this quick pic I took today...

tool_zpsd8c1bece.jpg

Remember when TOOL made records? Seems like long ago...

I've been a pretty big Tool collector myself since 95 or so (did have to sell a fair amount around a decade ago due to a financial hiccup at the time). Anyways, I was just curious as to why you have multiple copies of the picture discs and 12" singles. Are there variants of those? 

By the way, don't take offense to my question, I was just curious if there's multiple variations of some of those picture disc singles and 12" singles. I was under the assumption there was one version of most of them. 

Also, let me know if you're ever down for possible trades down the road.