Tool Vinyl BUYING GUIDE (Original/Boots, etc.)

3 minutes ago, timsimmons said:

Ok, I see how this is. I'm clearly not gonna convince you. 

Men have been flirty from the dawn of time, so no, you're not going to convince me at all. Now if we're talking rape, it's very much a different story. But you have yet to give me the list of people who have been rightfully accused.

29 minutes ago, AnimosityDK said:

You have to remember that half of the actresses who cried sexual assault still work in the industry, if the assault was so severe, what kept them from leaving?

Money, of course. So now they get to make bank, on top of being a victim of a few compliments and the occasional shower they ended up stepping in because the cash pile was too big to say no to.

So they should leave a career they love because of the behaviour of a bunch of guys who can't help themselves? Right... 

1 hour ago, AnimosityDK said:

You have to remember that half of the actresses who cried sexual assault still work in the industry, if the assault was so severe, what kept them from leaving?

The sheer ignorance in this sentence is staggering

1 hour ago, AnimosityDK said:

Money, of course. So now they get to make bank, on top of being a victim of a few compliments and the occasional shower they ended up stepping in because the cash pile was too big to say no to.

Wow, it's almost as if we need money to survive in this world. 

just throwing my worthless 2 cents in.. I accept that 18+ years ago this happened and that the groupie idea was a lot more prevalent then than it seems to be now. I accept that unfortunately back then, sometimes the women involved are underage because unfortunately sometimes it happens (totally the fault of the stage personnel and artist involved for not finding out the age beforehand, dude's security could have followed through with it), but let's say for example that they did their due diligence and she had a fake ID saying she was over 18. She got up and walked out. Good for her honestly. 

Again though this was almost 20 years ago. Seeing interviews with the dude now and looking at what he's done since, it seems like those days are far far behind him. So what's the point of making him look bad now? If a bunch of women came out now and said he has been doing the same shit backstage during the recent shows he'd played that would be a totally different story. 

Edited by roadmonkey

Women have been afraid to speak up about sexual assault/harassment/abuse forever.  So until millions of innocent men are harmed, "me too" has not gone too far.

"Innocent until proven guilty" applies to a court of law. Where it's not uncommon for the guilty to be found innocent and vice versa. So that is irrelevant horsehit.

Maynard has always been a piece of shit creep. This story is pretty believable and with the way dudes on the internet have been reacting to this, the victim was right to remain anonymous. Fuck that Blue Lives Matter shithead and his music.

13 minutes ago, roadmonkey said:

just throwing my worthless 2 cents in.. I accept that 18+ years ago this happened and that the groupie idea was a lot more prevalent then than it seems to be now. I accept that unfortunately back then, sometimes the women involved are underage because unfortunately sometimes it happens (totally the fault of the stage personnel and artist involved for not finding out the age beforehand, dude's security could have followed through with it), but let's say for example that they did their due diligence and she had a fake ID saying she was over 18. She got up and walked out. Good for her honestly. 

Again though this was almost 20 years ago. Seeing interviews with the dude now and looking at what he's done since, it seems like those days are far far behind him. So what's the point of making him look bad now? If a bunch of women came out now and said he has been doing the same shit backstage during the recent shows he'd played that would be a totally different story. 

Time does not forgive rape.

10 minutes ago, Bladewillisisdead said:

Women have been afraid to speak up about sexual assault/harassment/abuse forever.  So until millions of innocent men are harmed, "me too" has not gone too far.

"Innocent until proven guilty" applies to a court of law. Where it's not uncommon for the guilty to be found innocent and vice versa. So that is irrelevant horsehit.

Maynard has always been a piece of shit creep. This story is pretty believable and with the way dudes on the internet have been reacting to this, the victim was right to remain anonymous. Fuck that Blue Lives Matter shithead and his music.

This is why you're one of my favorite users.

2 hours ago, AnimosityDK said:

Jesus Christ. What the fuck is wrong with you? Why should they leave? You are a garbage piece of shit. How can you have such little empathy for these women? Do you hate all women?

4 hours ago, Bladewillisisdead said:

Man you have such a shitty bitter attitude. God damn. I don't think this story is unbelievable in the slightest but that doesn't mean I believe an anonymous twitter.

You don't care if he's actually guilty. You just don't like him. I'm not gonna fight about it but this is a real asshole thing to say.

sooooo What does all this have to do with vinyl records? if you really want to have this conversation could you take it to a proper place?

From the rules:

This isn't a forum for 'witch hunts'. If you have a personal issue with a band, artist, label, or individual please don't attempt to use VC as a personal army.

Edited by elburabure

3 hours ago, highfives said:

I’ll be surprised if it sounds much different than 10,000 Days.  And that didn’t sound any different than Lateralus.

Lateralus was their Magnum Opus. It blows 10k Days out of the water. IMO, of course.

Edited by vinyl addict

I think there is a world of difference between Lateralus and 10,000 Days. Like it sounds like the band Tool. They have their own sonic identity. That's ok. I don't want them to put out an album where they suddenly sound like Simon & Garfunkel or Nirvana or anyone else. I want them to sound like them. But the attitude and sonics in general between those albums is very different. To me its different between all the albums. People liked to say that Tool keep putting out the same 7 songs every 5 years (back when that used to be the approximate interval unlike it is today) but I think those people just didn't understand or have the tolerance or sensitivity for the consistency of the Tool sonic identity. They play the way they play and to most people it sounds monotonous from album to album but to me I can hear the very distinct separation between each album's own identity. I have a strong feeling this album will be different in that very same way. Maybe that's a subtlety that is too minute for a lot of people to detect but that's likely how its gong to be. I feel like 10,000 Days may be their weakest effort for me personally so I do hope they come back and kick my ass but who knows.

I'd rather they stick to their guns and feel comfortable in their artistry than to put out their own Villains or ....Like Clockwork. 

17 hours ago, Cecil said:

You are literally the first person I have seen to say they don't like ...Like Clockwork

Its just OK for me, dog.

I suffer from the admittedly stupid affliction of feeling that the albums is cool if it was somebody else but for being QOTSA I really wanted something different from them. Its fucked up of me but I feel like they should have stuck a little closer to their identity which clearly changes with a greater degree of variance than Tool's does. Album is cool. But when I go to the Queens, I want something else. Plus there were too many fucking guest appearance that felt forced even though I don't believe it was actually forced, it just didn't feel like it served the album. I like the guests themselves for who they are and for what they normally do in music but I didn't feel like they jived on the album. 

• 3 months later...