Tool Vinyl BUYING GUIDE (Original/Boots, etc.)

2 hours ago, jhulud said:

Ultra deluxe with hologram cover 3xLP signed by all members except for Maynard limited to 50 copies for the low price of $666. 

Add MJK's sig and I'd buy that.

I grabbed the Puscifer signed MJK when it was available, but that's just not the same. He doesn't even use the same signature with Puscifer

• 2 months later...

I ran into Adam Jones over the weekend at Comic Con, I went up and bugged him for a minute, he was super nice. He showed me the cover of the new album on his phone. It was very 10,000 Day's ish. It looked like spiral of eyes  fading into the distance and was that thing hes been doing on his IG thats kind of like a magic eye poster. It looked a lot like the image below but more blue than purple.   I was caught off guard seeing him there and forgot to ask about a vinyl release.

Image result for alex grey

1 hour ago, Adam10647 said:

I ran into Adam Jones over the weekend at Comic Con, I went up and bugged him for a minute, he was super nice. He showed me the cover of the new album on his phone. It was very 10,000 Day's ish. It looked like spiral of eyes  fading into the distance and was that thing hes been doing on his IG thats kind of like a magic eye poster. It looked a lot like the image below but more blue than purple.   I was caught off guard seeing him there and forgot to ask about a vinyl release.

Holy shit! That's badass! I feel like any day now we'll be seeing a pre-order! Can't wait!

I have a feeling that Tool aren't going to be doing the pre-order business. They'll likely keep it completely old school and any physical media that gets pressed will likely only be found through the same channels that were available in the 90's: brick and mortar and any brick and mortar online presence. I could be wrong but the concept of "pre-order" seems just way too pedestrian and commonplace for their fancy, over-the-top non-standard packaging loving asses. They probably don't even have a proper label at this point. Not that they need one.

43 minutes ago, mcpherson123 said:

I have a feeling that Tool aren't going to be doing the pre-order business. They'll likely keep it completely old school and any physical media that gets pressed will likely only be found through the same channels that were available in the 90's: brick and mortar and any brick and mortar online presence. I could be wrong but the concept of "pre-order" seems just way too pedestrian and commonplace for their fancy, over-the-top non-standard packaging loving asses. They probably don't even have a proper label at this point. Not that they need one.

I could see this. Consider this very 2006 sentence: when 10,000 Days came out, I was in college and borrowed someone else's car to drive to Target to buy it since I had a gift card.

18 hours ago, Adam10647 said:

Could it be this one?

spacer.png

Edited by fizio59