Tool Vinyl BUYING GUIDE (Original/Boots, etc.)

25 minutes ago, jeromium said:

I like that they animated the release date to transform into the release date. :unsure:

As for the suspected album artwork, it's no surprise they would use something so dated, though I can't help being disappointed if that's the case. 

If you look in the dark bar above the date, you can see what looks like the tops of letters (same font) forming. I have no doubt the video will extend/ not loop and reveal a title (song, album, etc)

Here's a brightened version:

nvmwgxvg7vb31.jpg

Edited by Fowty Dollaz

5 hours ago, Adam10647 said:

Yeah that's pretty close but I dont think it was that exact image, had more of a spiral effect fading into the background. 

Maybe it's the artwork, I saw Alex Gray is selling a canvas print of this

https://shop.cosm.org/collections/prints/products/collective-vision-canvas-print

59 minutes ago, thetrackt said:

I think at the end of this countdown we’re gonna have new album details but also vinyl reissues...

https://consequenceofsound.net/2017/08/tool-are-planning-to-remaster-and-reissue-all-their-albums-for-vinyl-release/amp/

At this rate (not counting Salival) we could expect new album details this Saturday. 

Adam at one point was active on another well known forum asking questions related to a future repress of their back catalogue. I’m guessing the new album has put this on hold but it appears they’re aware they’ve missed out/dropped the ball on vinyl reissues. AAA was often mentioned so I’m hoping they don’t throw a digital step into the chain. 

That fact that 10,000 Days never saw an official vinyl release is criminal. 

I would much prefer simply all individual albums available for purchase individually because a boxing and compilation of them all in one package will make the cost cosmically overpriced. I hope AAA will happen for the first 3 releases but unfortunately there is a digital tape bounced mixing stage in the stereo master of the Lateralus. If they got really crazy and went back to the analog mutlitracks to remix to stereo tape then do the cut that would be amazing but I doubt we could count on something as great of an undertaking as that. I'm quite sure the same digital stage is present in 10,000 Days as well and I'm pretty sure I saw some photos in the mixing process showing a similar staging being done with digital on this new album. I wish they would keep it AAA. Its not hard and so many amazing records were done that way. Imagine a Tool album sounding as rich as a pre-2015 Led Zeppelin LP. 

On 7/23/2019 at 5:21 PM, highfives said:

I don’t even want to talk about that logo.  Some gold textures, bevel and emboss, high quality design work from 1995...  but their artwork from 95 was light years better than that thing - yes, even the dick wrench.

Their aesthetic worked in the 90s. Not so much today. In fact based on the quality of that gold crap, they're going backward.

I used to have an olive green dick wrench hat.

Hopefully they will also go backwards with dynamic range compression and give us a fully dynamic mastering like Undertow and AEnima and not the atrocious mess that was the mastering found on the new APC record. "Sounds shittier the louder you turn it" is not the motto I want on my Tool purchases.

If indeed the remasters arrive and the first two albums are both AAA done with one of today's best all analogue lacquer cutters and pressed at Optimal or RTI etc., we will get no contest the definitive editions of these albums (as far as fans of stereo mixes go)