Tool Vinyl BUYING GUIDE (Original/Boots, etc.)

30 minutes ago, Derek™ said:

100%.  I’m not holding my breath for it but it’d be really cool if everything was released in a PO bundle on Wednesday.  I thought I read a rumor - to be taken very loosely - that the reissues wouldn’t be ready until 2020..  But then again... with the way pre-orders work these days, that still doesn’t eliminate a potential reissue PO this week, I guess.

Could we see basically every Tool album on the billboard 100? A full vinyl reissue campaign plus the insane streaming numbers they’ve already put up in just under 4 days... 

8 minutes ago, dantheriver said:

Could we see basically every Tool album on the billboard 100? A full vinyl reissue campaign plus the insane streaming numbers they’ve already put up in just under 4 days... 

We could only be so lucky.  I’m hardly an avid Tool fan but I do have friends [and exes] who scoff at the band or try to shit on them because it was the cool thing to do in high school.  [As a teen, my local Tool fanatics were your typical grease-lords that wore 1 hoodie year-round and air drummed on their lunch breaks.  I kind of get it, but to dismiss the band they worship to an extreme is throwing the baby out with the bath water.]  It’s been really amusing seeing Tool dominate the charts last week, because a lot of these same Tool haters also tend to flock to whatever is popular and chart-topping.  What a conundrum that must be.

On 7/22/2019 at 9:16 AM, Adam10647 said:

I ran into Adam Jones over the weekend at Comic Con, I went up and bugged him for a minute, he was super nice. He showed me the cover of the new album on his phone. It was very 10,000 Day's ish. It looked like spiral of eyes  fading into the distance and was that thing hes been doing on his IG thats kind of like a magic eye poster. It looked a lot like the image below but more blue than purple.   I was caught off guard seeing him there and forgot to ask about a vinyl release.

Image result for alex grey

Like this?

2 minutes ago, solitaryreign said:

I’m totally with you on that font, never seen anything as hideous besides comic sans obviously 🙄 

For sure.  Someone pointed out that you can “fold” the logo in half to create a syringe, and that’s cool or whatever... but at what cost?  I stand pretty firmly by my Geocities / Angelfire comparison from the other day.  Part of me hopes there’ll be a chintzy visitor counter on the pre-order page or at least a guestbook we can all sign after we place an order.

I kinda doubt the logo will even be on the official artwork given that none of there albums have their logo, if I remember correctly, Lateralus and 10,000 days had their logo on the generic plastic wrap the CDs we're in-cased, so once you took that off you had just the artwork, although the streaming artwork for Lateralus has the logo. I guess we'll see.

55 minutes ago, Mikizee said:

Pre-order on a website actually did go up early today. It's sold out, but at least you can see what you get in the bundle

https://portofsoundrecords.com/products/fear-inoculum-cd-bundle

So that little video of the cover is actually a fucking video cover?  Color me intrigued AF.

• LIMITED EDITION TRI-FOLD SOFT PACK VIDEO BROCHURE FEATURING:
  • COMPACT DISC  (79 MINUTES OF MUSIC)
  • 4” HD RECHARGEABLE SCREEN WITH EXCLUSIVE VIDEO FOOTAGE
  • CHARGING CABLE
  • 2 WATT SPEAKER
  • 30+ PAGE BOOK
  • MP3 DOWNLOAD CARD  (89 MINUTES OF MUSIC)

2 hours ago, highfives said:

So that little video of the cover is actually a fucking video cover?  Color me intrigued AF.

• LIMITED EDITION TRI-FOLD SOFT PACK VIDEO BROCHURE FEATURING:
  • COMPACT DISC  (79 MINUTES OF MUSIC)
  • 4” HD RECHARGEABLE SCREEN WITH EXCLUSIVE VIDEO FOOTAGE
  • CHARGING CABLE
  • 2 WATT SPEAKER
  • 30+ PAGE BOOK
  • MP3 DOWNLOAD CARD  (89 MINUTES OF MUSIC)

Yeah supposedly it's this

https://www.videoplusprint.com/video-marketing-brochure.html