Tool Vinyl BUYING GUIDE (Original/Boots, etc.)

Just now, Fowty Dollaz said:

Are you making shit up or for real? 

No trolling this time.  Triple digits estimates were speculated or “leaked” by some shops a week ago.  I guess we’ll know later this morning, maybe, when some official links are posted.  I’m sure there will be a far cheaper, basic version for sale as well.

1 minute ago, Derek™ said:

No trolling this time.  Triple digits estimates were speculated or “leaked” by some shops a week ago.  I guess we’ll know later this morning, maybe, when some official links are posted.  I’m sure there will be a far cheaper, basic version for sale as well.

If it has a big screen, I would legitimately spend dumb amounts of money on it. Realistically, if it came between that or a boxset/ copies of everything on vinyl, I'd opt for the latter. Would be cool as hell though.

2 minutes ago, Fowty Dollaz said:

If it has a big screen, I would legitimately spend dumb amounts of money on it. Realistically, if it came between that or a boxset/ copies of everything on vinyl, I'd opt for the latter. Would be cool as hell though.

Agreed on all fronts.  I don’t own anything like that - holographic, LED-display, or otherwise - but I’m not a big enough Tool fan to drop $500 on wax for them.

1 minute ago, Derek™ said:

Agreed on all fronts.  I don’t own anything like that - holographic, LED-display, or otherwise - but I’m not a big enough Tool fan to drop $500 on wax for them.

I'd probably be considered a casual fan. I've always liked them a great deal, since I was about 9. I also enjoyed APC from their formation onward (even had a chance to see them live last year). I just know that if I had all their albums, I'd listen to them more frequently (especially now that they're streamable on long car rides, flights, etc)

13 minutes ago, Derek™ said:

Don't need silly stuff. Just want the music. I hate it when artists bundle things like a 5.1 mix only in the STUPOR deluxe edition like the Floyd immersion sets and the Soundgarden SDEs, I ain't paying $150+ for one Blu-ray disc and if you can't sell me it as a single SKU then I'll find other ways to get it. For Soundgarden's Badmotorfinger I found someone online at their forum who knew they didn't need "Disc 6" and sold it to me for $30. Thank you!

Looking forward to the full pre-order info, wish they were on Eastern time today! tick tock tick tock

Edited by dobyblue

15 minutes ago, Fowty Dollaz said:

You fucking said it. I'm F5ing all morning on like 17 different places.

Don’t quote me on this but I was under the impression that pre-orders won’t open up until tomorrow, and it’s just the links / retailers that are revealed today.  (Though I’m sure some buying options will slip through the cracks like we’ve already seen.)

While we wait for any and all preorder links, read this. Pretty amusing and I can relate to the uncertainty that is new TOOL music and album. 

https://www.esquire.com/entertainment/music/amp28610128/tool-band-new-album-fear-inoculum-should-never-be-released/

2 minutes ago, Derek™ said:

Don’t quote me on this but I was under the impression that pre-orders won’t open up until tomorrow, and it’s just the links / retailers that are revealed today.  (Though I’m sure some buying options will slip through the cracks like we’ve already seen.)

That's how I understood it. Like they give us a day to see all our options and deliberate about the atrociously priced deluxe shit and then we get to make our decision on what combination of shit we're going to buy when the items are purchasable.

3 minutes ago, Derek™ said:

You are right, I'm just eager to know. I also know I'm not drinking tonight. I don't want to wake up tomorrow with one of everything.

3 minutes ago, Derek™ said:

We should also be getting a proper single pretty soon here.

"Single" is a funny word here. Supposedly, if we are interpreting them correctly they will be releasing the actual eponymous track off the album and I thought I saw somewhere someone said that one was supposed to be like a 30 minute song.  IDK. I may just be combining and mixing up all the conjecture I've scoured for the past month though.

8 minutes ago, jhulud said:

While we wait for any and all preorder links, read this. Pretty amusing and I can relate to the uncertainty that is new TOOL music and album. 

https://www.esquire.com/entertainment/music/amp28610128/tool-band-new-album-fear-inoculum-should-never-be-released/

This guy is a tool. 

33 minutes ago, Derek™ said:

I need my stupid shit, silly shit.

100% support you spending your money on whatever silly band-related trinkets your heart desires, there is obviously a market for it which is why u2 charged $600+ for an SDE for Achtung Baby that included a replica pair of "The Fly" glasses, etc.

I just want well-mastered music, obviously I'm in the minority based on the output of the last 25 years haha.

17 minutes ago, Derek™ said:

Don't care about the ability to pre-order, just looking forward to the full specs of each edition and that is what we're supposed to get today (tracklisting, bonus features, yadda yadda yadda)

20 minutes ago, jhulud said:

"The title alone has inoculated me with fear."

I wonder how many hours that one took. 

15 minutes ago, dobyblue said:

100% support you spending your money on whatever silly band-related trinkets your heart desires, there is obviously a market for it which is why u2 charged $600+ for an SDE for Achtung Baby that included a replica pair of "The Fly" glasses, etc.

I just want well-mastered music, obviously I'm in the minority based on the output of the last 25 years haha.

I just want a simple, standard gram (because its wasteful and serves no additional purpose), cleanly and carefully pressed black vinyl, impeccably mastered (as close to AAA as possible), normal weight basic gatefold, quality printed jacket 2xLP of everything. No Pic disc. No incorporated television. No lenticular cover (though I would forgive it if they worked it into an Aenima reissue). No wifi router. No nothing crazy. Just solid, true to format vinyl pressing that excels at reproducing the stereo master as beautifully as possible when the fuckin' needle touches down and drags through the basic ass grooves of the godforsaken LP. Can I get an Amen or just a plain old delivery on this?

Edited by mcpherson123