Tool Vinyl BUYING GUIDE (Original/Boots, etc.)

35 minutes ago, mcpherson123 said:

I just want a simple, standard gram (because its wasteful and serves no additional purpose), cleanly and carefully pressed black vinyl, impeccably mastered (as close to AAA as possible), normal weight basic gatefold, quality printed jacket 2xLP of everything. No Pic disc. No incorporated television. No lenticular cover (though I would forgive it if they worked it into an Aenima reissue). No wifi router. No nothing crazy. Just solid, true to format vinyl pressing that excels at reproducing the stereo master as beautifully as possible when the fuckin' needle touches down and drags through the basic ass grooves of the godforsaken LP. Can I get an Amen or just a plain old delivery on this?

A-fuckin'-men!

56 minutes ago, mcpherson123 said:

I just want a simple, standard gram (because its wasteful and serves no additional purpose), cleanly and carefully pressed black vinyl, impeccably mastered (as close to AAA as possible), normal weight basic gatefold, quality printed jacket 2xLP of everything. No Pic disc. No incorporated television. No lenticular cover (though I would forgive it if they worked it into an Aenima reissue). No wifi router. No nothing crazy. Just solid, true to format vinyl pressing that excels at reproducing the stereo master as beautifully as possible when the fuckin' needle touches down and drags through the basic ass grooves of the godforsaken LP. Can I get an Amen or just a plain old delivery on this?

Lol don't be an idiot. You have to watch your vinyl spin through a 4" display while listening to the output processed through an iphone mic fed into a 2 watt speaker.

11 hours ago, easteracrobat said:

In for 90s trance Tool.

THIS. Pretty terrible cover art IMHO, but looking forward to the music.

And I'm with those just wanting a simple, well-executed vinyl release (if I choose to even buy it). The 10,000 Days CD packaging was obnoxious as fuck. 

2 hours ago, jhulud said:

While we wait for any and all preorder links, read this. Pretty amusing and I can relate to the uncertainty that is new TOOL music and album. 

https://www.esquire.com/entertainment/music/amp28610128/tool-band-new-album-fear-inoculum-should-never-be-released/

I understand the fear of your favorite artist releasing new music, but I think it's all situational. Tool seems to still be passionate about Tool and want to give us something amazing. I could understand, say System of a Down giving us a new album and being very skeptical since 3 of the 4 members don't care to do metal anymore, but I think this album is gonna at least be as good as 10,000 days which I think is their weakest release, still a solid 8/10 in my books.

3 hours ago, jhulud said:

While we wait for any and all preorder links, read this. Pretty amusing and I can relate to the uncertainty that is new TOOL music and album. 

https://www.esquire.com/entertainment/music/amp28610128/tool-band-new-album-fear-inoculum-should-never-be-released/

I read that earlier. Silly elitist attitude. 

16 minutes ago, Fowty Dollaz said:

I don't think Esquire does satire or parody. It's been a minute since I read one though.

The author is listed as a comedian and writer, so I'd assume it's supposed to be a joke.  I mean, I really hope so.

NICK YOUSSEF Comedian. Writer.Nick Youssef is a Los Angeles-based comedian, writer and actor as well as hosts the Occasionally Awesome podcast on the All Things Comedy network.

7 minutes ago, highfives said:

The author is listed as a comedian and writer, so I'd assume it's supposed to be a joke.  I mean, I really hope so.

NICK YOUSSEF Comedian. Writer.Nick Youssef is a Los Angeles-based comedian, writer and actor as well as hosts the Occasionally Awesome podcast on the All Things Comedy network.

68351857_10206825464751320_8578044705185

9 minutes ago, Mikizee said:

It was my understanding that there will be no vinyl available for pre order and at album launch. It will come later this year.

I hope I am wrong though.

Not that people are clambering for FYE exclusives but I pre-ordered their vinyl variant today in-store. They said it would be available for pick up on the release date. 

Edited by Orange Grapes

4 minutes ago, mcpherson123 said:

Well, what did it cost, homie!!?!????

lol, didn’t ask. Mainly because I don’t care as I’m buying it regardless but also because I was just so happy to lock in a copy that I didn’t think about anything else. In hindsight that would have been good info to get... ($15 to reserve a copy)

Edited by Orange Grapes