Tool Vinyl BUYING GUIDE (Original/Boots, etc.)

2 minutes ago, fondfarewell said:

I am an old man with surround sound and a BluRay player, but isn’t this roughly how an entire generation consumes most of their visual media?

I watch most of my videos on a 27” desktop display or a mobile device that’s substantially larger than 4”, but I don’t want to speak for everyone else.

I'll admit it is a bit gimmicky, but I don't see how they could've one up their previous albums' CD packaging any other way. This a limited run. So I can see a standard CD eventually. But what we're all really waiting for is the vinyl edition. Adam's a very artistic person so I'm betting this is gonna be pretty special. Perhaps maybe even different cover art. Although the current image would look just stunning on a gatefold sleeve! I can't wait to see the rest of the artwork!

54 minutes ago, fondfarewell said:

I am an old man with surround sound and a BluRay player, but isn’t this roughly how an entire generation consumes most of their visual media?

Thank you and bless ye! Always happy to see others out there that care about video quality and audio fidelity. I upgraded last December to 4K, Panasonic 65" 4K OLED, Sony X800 which allows DVD-Audio and SACD playback also, and bumped my 5.2 system to 5.2.4 Atmos/dts:X-capable with the addition of four Pioneer Atmos modules. Bought my first Blu-ray in 2006. The new 4K Ultra HD format is the single biggest upgrade in quality from one format generation to the next I've witnessed in my lifetime, HDR on an OLED rules.

1 hour ago, fondfarewell said:

Was waiting for someone to say this, that original comment was incredibly stupid for that reason alone 

not as as stupid as everything the massive tool above me posts but it was close. If Derek is 16 he can at least spell “you”

Edited by holyvacantsholyhell

3 minutes ago, JFC1549 said:

On a records  forum? Are u 16 also? 

What is your obsession with needing people to be 16?  Given your low-effort trolling and sense of humor, you’re either a teenager looking for similarly aged friends online, or a washed-up pedophile, prowling a Tool thread in hopes of grooming someone still in high school.  Which is it?

15 minutes ago, JFC1549 said:

Bullmoose pre order up.

7 hours ago, thebaucom said:

Maybe if you kept this thread related to what it should be about you would have seen this

38 minutes ago, Derek™ said:

JFC just PM’d me to ask where I live, if I have an Amazon wishlist, and what specific hours my parents work during the week.  Can we do anything about this cringe inducing predator, @jhulud?

I’ve been here for a year or so and I’ve never seen someone get the banhammer. Will today be the day? I sure hope so. 

Since we should bring it back around to Tool, I gotta say I’ve never really tried to get into them and I’ve been trying since Friday and I’m just sort of lost with all the material available. What’s regarded as their best work? I really dig the new song though and I PO’d that stupid ass CD

Just now, holyvacantsholyhell said:

I’ve been here for a year or so and I’ve never seen someone get the banhammer. Will today be the day? I sure hope so. 

Since we should bring it back around to Tool, I gotta say I’ve never really tried to get into them and I’ve been trying since Friday and I’m just sort of lost with all the material available. What’s regarded as their best work? I really dig the new song though and I PO’d that stupid ass CD

I second the banhammer. Feels like the wild west if dudes like that are able to just run amok in here. 

Aenima is a completely flawless album IMO but it also hits me in a nostalgic place given where I was in life/age when it was released.