Tool Vinyl BUYING GUIDE (Original/Boots, etc.)

2 minutes ago, Sasan said:

So, CD starting at 80€ here in Germany...yay 

It's like they have used the gaming console price model - what's the most we can possibly charge and people will still want this? After 3 months they'll be 50, 6 months 30.... Then the standard jewel case will miraculously appear for 10

49 minutes ago, 2notepockets said:

It's like they have used the gaming console price model - what's the most we can possibly charge and people will still want this? After 3 months they'll be 50, 6 months 30.... Then the standard jewel case will miraculously appear for 10

If that's the case, I'm happy to wait and listen to it on Spotify in the meantime...

Just read this on the FB-site of EMP (which was linked on Tool's PO page) regarding the 80€-CD :

Update: We have some news! There will be no vinyl version according to the current state, also the version here is the standard version, a cheaper one is not planned. Currently, some American shops are showing significantly lower prices, we have informed ourselves and apparently this is a mistake and their prices will be adjusted soon. The product picture will come soon in our shop!

8 hours ago, mcpherson123 said:

I find it really weird. I have not listened to "Fear Inoculum" yet. I've heard "Invincible" and "Descending" live in person and on some super high quality live bootlegs on YouTube. I think compositionally in terms of song structure, those two songs feels Lateralus-styled but progressed from that point of composition. It did not really feel like a continuation of 10,000 Days. Obviously each player has their own signature style but I think its doing oneself a great disservice to not attempt to look past the surface of the sound the band has and find the subtle uniqueness that each song builds using those same ingredients. If you half-listen to any of their songs waiting for a special guest to come in and do a hook and flip the whole dynamic of the core band on its head, you're listening to the wrong band. If you're looking for traditional tropes of a growing and changing artist or band that is led by a single songwriter who decides now we have a fiddle and an accordion on this track and then we have a piano leading these two tracks and we're ex-Beatles who are writing 3 minute pop songs, you're listening to the wrong band. These guys paint with the same brushes and explore how to make new textures using the same types of voices and the same exact instrumentation for the most part on every album. They go in a room and follow eachother's lead for a hours on end and construct "songs" using the parts they liked best from the improvised communications they share using essentially the same 3 to 4 instruments, the electric of which are generally dialed into to produce the same types of sounds as they've made for all the albums they've done together. They may progress in some ways on their own instruments but they have their established voices. If you're not coming to Tool with this realization and you don't find yourself interested in how they will paint the soundscape under these particular circumstantial/instrumental constants then I don't know why you would keep expecting to be wowed only to be let down. We all know how Tool writes. We know the process. We know the instruments. You have to be looking at their output from the standpoint of knowing the limitations of what's included.

Not mad. Just sayin'.

Jesus Christ this is the most pretentious up it’s own ass thing I’ve ever read on this forum... And this is a tool thread, so congrats on that?

Edited by holyvacantsholyhell

40 minutes ago, holyvacantsholyhell said:

Jesus Christ this is the most pretentious up it’s own ass thing I’ve ever read on this forum... And this is a tool thread, so congrats on that?

You cheated not only the band, but yourself. You didn't grow. You didn't improve. You took a shortcut and gained nothing. You experienced a hollow victory. Nothing was risked and nothing was gained. It's sad that you don't know the difference.

On 8/7/2019 at 8:55 AM, mameeshkamowskwoz said:

I'm lukewarm on the song, but am interested in hearing the full album to understand it in context. I just have to accept that this is what Tool sounds like post-Aenima. Sometimes it feels like their music is being written by AI... I just wish they would feed some songs from Undertow into the machine.

Jourgensen?

😄

Sooooo...let me understand this. 

Dude walks in here and gives his honest & lengthy opinion & review of the song as a fan of the band, and people are giving him shit & calling him pretentious?!?! 

Get the fuck out of here with that shitty attitude. He’s a fan who loves the band & expressed his appreciation.  If you don’t like it, take your toxic bashing somewhere else. 

Promote what you love instead of bashing what you hate. 

Fuckin thank you jhulud. So tired of a certain few individuals on here that like to lord their musical tastes over everyone else's. Always showing up in threads for bands they apparently can't stand. Spewing their sarcasm and circle jerk jokes. It's fucking annoying and one of the main reason I don't visit VC much anymore. Funny thing is they all know who they are too. Fuck you dudes.

Just now, justin_cole12 said:

Fuckin thank you jhulud. So tired of a certain few individuals on here that like to lord their musical tastes over everyone else's. Always showing up in threads for bands they apparently can't stand. Spewing their sarcasm and circle jerk jokes. It's fucking annoying and one of the main reason I don't visit VC much anymore. Funny thing is they all know who they are too. Fuck you dudes.

Fuck you too

6 minutes ago, justin_cole12 said:

I had a pretty long hiatus from this place not long ago. I'm beginning to recall the specific instances of why I drifted away from here. Its not a big deal but it certainly doesn't qualify as an incentive to keep coming back.

7 minutes ago, Sunshine said:

I almost want to believe McPherson is Maynard and that was Adam Jones

Maynard would never take to the time to justify the sound of his bandmates. I'm the fool who thought describing why people might find themselves disinterested in new Tool might be helpful. Maynard would have just said "bummer."