Tool Vinyl BUYING GUIDE (Original/Boots, etc.)

I can’t keep track of what’s facetious in this thread’s tangent — I don’t know that anyone in the Early November threads is actually 40.  Just a loose example, but yeah.  It’s encouraged to own your tastes but around these here-parts, you either thicken your skin or you get out.  People are smarmy in one thread but celebrating new pre-orders in another, it’s the ebb and flow.  At the end of the day, even if someone’s tastes are shit on, they can’t take that to bed with them.  On-track, insightful, petty, embarrassing, or anything in between... at the end of the day it’s just music chatter.  If anyone takes it personally and mulls on it outside of the forums, they’re missing the point entirely.

2 hours ago, jhulud said:

Sooooo...let me understand this. 

Dude walks in here and gives his honest & lengthy opinion & review of the song as a fan of the band, and people are giving him shit & calling him pretentious?!?! 

Get the fuck out of here with that shitty attitude. He’s a fan who loves the band & expressed his appreciation.  If you don’t like it, take your toxic bashing somewhere else. 

Promote what you love instead of bashing what you hate. 

To be fair, it's only one person that I saw, not people, and it's also someone who is generally an asshole, so if anyone was going to do it it would be him.

I've had him blocked for months at this point because he's nothing but a dick in pretty much every thread he's been in.

Edited by MachoHommeRandallSauvage

11 hours ago, Derek™ said:

So contrary to FYE's assurance, it's probably safe to assume homie threw down $15 to PO a CD, right?

Hopefully this “cool story” won’t set off another pages long argument but here goes. I saw someone posted a photo of an upcoming release schedule for FYE which looked different than the one they put out, seemingly an internal email type situation (with all the Tool discussions going on everywhere I can’t find it for the life of me, I’ll keep looking). It specifically said the word “vinyl”. Then another user mentioned that he had pre-ordered the CD there for $5. So I figured why not just try to pre-order that “maybe vinyl”.

I asked to reserve a copy of the new Tool vinyl Fear Inoculum and they seemed to know exactly what I was talking about, no “what is a Tool?” And then I asked multiple times for them to make sure it was for the vinyl. They assured me and the receipt says vinyl specifically. Plus it was $15 instead of the $5 I’ve seen people mention with pre-ordering the CD there. 

That being said, the receipt has the release date as TBD. Now, that picture I saw could have been fake. The people at FYE could be full of shit and have no idea what they are talking about. But we know there is a vinyl release coming for sure and I “might” have an exclusive variant pre-ordered or I might not. But I’d rather have it maybe preordered than definitely not. So... argument ensue! 

Edited by Orange Grapes

17 minutes ago, Orange Grapes said:

Hopefully this “cool story” won’t set off another pages long argument but here goes. I saw someone posted a photo of an upcoming release schedule for FYE which looked different than the one they put out, seemingly an internal email type situation (with all the Tool discussions going on everywhere I can’t find it for the life of me, I’ll keep looking). It specifically said the word “vinyl”. Then another user mentioned that he had pre-ordered the CD there for $5. So I figured why not just try to pre-order that “maybe vinyl”.

I asked to reserve a copy of the new Tool vinyl Fear Inoculum and they seemed to know exactly what I was talking about, no “what is a Tool?” And then I asked multiple times for them to make sure it was for the vinyl. They assured me and the receipt says vinyl specifically. Plus it was $15 instead of the $5 I’ve seen people mention with pre-ordering the CD there. 

That being said, the receipt has the release date as TBD. Now, that picture I saw could have been fake. The people at FYE could be full of shit and have no idea what they are talking about. But we know there is a vinyl release coming for sure and I “might” have an exclusive variant pre-ordered or I might not. But I’d rather have it maybe preordered than definitely not. So... argument ensue! 

you pre-ordered a $40 CD, bud.