Tool Vinyl BUYING GUIDE (Original/Boots, etc.)

19 minutes ago, Orange Grapes said:

You’re reading comprehension skills are shit man. 

aS a ToOl FaN, you should be more enlightened and know the intricacies of grammar, the golden ratio, and punctuation.

EDIT: Jesus dude, quit with the double and triple posts. No one cares that much about what you have to say. Do you see anyone else doing that? I don't even do it and I'm fucking delightful and no one wants to see me double or triple posting.

Edited by holyvacantsholyhell

Just now, Orange Grapes said:

But if you mean anything starts an argument here then you’re probably right. 

^this. 

FWIW, I'm not a Tool die hard, but I think the song sounds great. I really like the mix too. It's very crisp and clear, and not compressed to fuck. I like that Maynard's vocals sit kind of low in the mix, and I bet the next song in the album sequence opens up. I'm really looking forward to the album, and I hope we get a proper vinyl release. I don't give a shit about packaging bells and whistles, I just want a nice, clean, black vinyl copy of the album.

Just now, holyvacantsholyhell said:

aS a ToOl FaN, you should be more enlightened and know the intricacies of grammar, the golden ratio, and punctuation.

Dude, I’m trying to be helpful here. I am a Tool fan, in a Tool thread, trying to help other Tool fans get a copy of their new album. When someone is a dick, I try to say something funny. You are being a dick on purpose. Good for you. 

Just now, throwgncpr said:

^this. 

FWIW, I'm not a Tool die hard, but I think the song sounds great. I really like the mix too. It's very crisp and clear, and not compressed to fuck. I like that Maynard's vocals sit kind of low in the mix, and I bet the next song in the album sequence opens up. I'm really looking forward to the album, and I hope we get a proper vinyl release. I don't give a shit about packaging bells and whistles, I just want a nice, clean, black vinyl copy of the album.

Thanks for actually talking about what we should be talking about. I love the new track as well. It took a good many listens to shake of any expectations and to start to unpack everything but I’m more than happy with the single and can’t wait for the full LP. 

11 minutes ago, holyvacantsholyhell said:

EDIT: Jesus dude, quit with the double and triple posts. No one cares that much about what you have to say. Do you see anyone else doing that? I don't even do it and I'm fucking delightful and no one wants to see me double or triple posting.

I didn’t mean to double post jackass. I accidentally quoted the wrong post so I deleted that and reposted it under the right quote. Why would someone double or triple post? What would be the point? Again, why are you being a dick?   

11 minutes ago, Orange Grapes said:

I didn’t mean to double post jackass. I accidentally quoted the wrong post so I deleted that and reposted it under the right quote. Why would someone double or triple post? What would be the point? Again, why are you being a dick?   

It’s Friday, I’m bored at work, and you’re getting really upset about it... but mostly: Do you truly believe your local FYE is the only place in the world in the know about a limited variant for this release?

Edited by holyvacantsholyhell

1 minute ago, holyvacantsholyhell said:

It’s Friday, I’m bored at work, and you’re getting really upset about it. 

Its okay, you’ll get the grasp of posting soon enough, I know it is just so hard.

Haha, this fucking guy. Goes out of his way to be a dick then plays the ole “I’m cool, calm and collected and I baited you into getting upset so my job is done” thing. Yea man, you got me so upset I’m fucking crying in my Cheerios over here. 

24 minutes ago, holyvacantsholyhell said:

It’s Friday, I’m bored at work, and you’re getting really upset about it... but mostly: Do you truly believe your local FYE is the only place in the world in the know about a limited variant for this release?

I never said that man. All I am saying is I went to my local FYE and seemingly preordered their upcoming vinyl version. That’s it and to my knowledge no one has confirmed or denied that info. That’s all. Does it seem unlikely? Yes, it does and I’ll be the first to admit that. I’m just trying to be helpful and relay info just as I am thankful for any info anyone can give me. I’m sure you’re a nice guy but you’re being a dick here for no reason. 

Edited by Orange Grapes

To be fair, you have to have a very high IQ to understand Tool. The lyrics are extremely complex and without a solid grasp of the Fibonacci sequence most of the words will go over a typical listener's head. There's also Tool's uncommon time signatures which is deftly woven into their characterization - Maynard's personal philosophy draws heavily from Narodnaya Volya literature, for instance. The fans understand this stuff; they have the intellectual capacity to truly appreciate the depths of these songs, to realize that they're not just music- they say something deep about LIFE. As a consequence people who dislike Tool truly ARE idiots- of course they wouldn't appreciate, for instance, the humour in Maynard's famous song "Hooker With A Penis, " which itself is a cryptic reference to Turgenev's Russian epic Fathers and Sons I'm smirking right now just imagining one of those addlepated simpletons scratching their heads in confusion as Maynard James Keenan's genius unfolds itself on their record players. What fools... how I pity them. 😂 And yes by the way, I DO have an Ænima tattoo. And no, you cannot see it. It's for the ladies' eyes only- And even they have to demonstrate that they're within 5 IQ points of my own (preferably lower) beforehand.

3 hours ago, zuck said:

Holy shit. Is this where all the Brand New fans went after they apparently called it quits?

Brand New fans merely adopted the Tool posting; Tool fans were born in it, moulded by it. I didn't see a positive comment until I was already a man, by then it was nothing to me but blinding