Tool Vinyl BUYING GUIDE (Original/Boots, etc.)

53 minutes ago, twatay said:

That's a horseshit standard IMO.

Why? You can write with the intention of readers drawing their own interpretation and still fit under that standard. If your GOAL is to write something that means a certain something and you are unable then it's time to practice writing.

Okay so, I'm about 5 listens into "Fear Inoculum" and I'm liking it a lot more with each listen.  It's not immediate.  I *REALLY* REALLY* REALLY* wanted something with an immediate, awesome and heavy riff like the choruses of "The Grudge" or "Schism" offer or something upbeat like "The Pot".  This song does not do that.  It's long, sinewy, and takes it's time. 

But if you let this thing breathe, and let it do it's thing... oh man.  It's weird, because I felt like "Invincible" and "Descending" were weak songs because they didn't suit the live setting due to their lack of aforementioned headbang riffs.  However, if you let the song build naturally and don't expect anything, the heavy parts DO offer the same songwriting impact.  It's super weird, because those parts on their own are very simple, and wouldn't normally have such an impact, but within the context of the whole song, they work. 

Also I love the production, because I think Lateralus is one of the best-sounding records of all time, if not the best, and I don't love how 10,000 Days sounds. 

Really curious to hear the studio version of Invincible and Descending, because i still don't think those work super well in the live setting. 

Edited by Gumbo72203

3 minutes ago, jeromium said:

Some wack song titles for sure. 🤨  I only wish they were just fucking with us.

The only one that's whack to me is "Chocolate Chip Trip." What's truly whack is the way they felt the need to split the album between a single CD and supplement the full experience with digital only content instead of just doing a 2xCD and also instead deciding to putting all the package money toward a fuckin' mini-HDTV. Eat MY ass.

12 minutes ago, mcpherson123 said:

What's truly whack is the way they felt the need to split the album between a single CD and supplement the full experience with digital only content instead of just doing a 2xCD and also instead deciding to putting all the package money toward a fuckin' mini-HDTV. Eat MY ass.

I thought the same thing. Add a second disc to present the entire album? nope. need dat space for instagram-looper video screen.

1 hour ago, Derek™ said:

The vinyl release is going to be some $60 laser-etched garbage that projects hexagram patterns and third eye bullshit when it’s spun under the perfect lighting.  No music; that comes on the included download card.

I need this.

16 hours ago, Derek™ said:

The vinyl release is going to be some $60 laser-etched garbage that projects hexagram patterns and third eye bullshit when it’s spun under the perfect lighting.  No music; that comes on the included download card.

And to top it all off, it comes out on the anniversary of the release date for the 10,000 Days vinyl....

...you read that right.

19 hours ago, mcpherson123 said:

The only one that's whack to me is "Chocolate Chip Trip." What's truly whack is the way they felt the need to split the album between a single CD and supplement the full experience with digital only content instead of just doing a 2xCD and also instead deciding to putting all the package money toward a fuckin' mini-HDTV. Eat MY ass.

Yeah, super fucked up they're leaving some content off the only official physical release at this point. Not that I was planning to buy that bullshit anyway.

Tool were my favourite band for a very long time I probably considered them as such up until 10,000 days was released (and wasn't anywhere near the 2 previous albums imo)...

Anywho the way they are going about releasing this new album is actually really pissing me off, I was only probably 25% chance to consider purchasing it in any form, I'm now at 0% 

Tool are now a parody of themselves any one buying a 'deluxe limited' physical version of this is as stupid as people who believe in god...

Edited by 2notepockets

35 minutes ago, 2notepockets said:

Tool were my favourite band for a very long time I probably considered them as such up until 10,000 days was released (and wasn't anywhere near the 2 previous albums imo)...

Anywho the way they are going about releasing this new album is actually really pissing me off, I was only probably 25% chance to consider purchasing it in any form, I'm now at 0% 

Tool are now a parody of themselves any one buying a 'deluxe limited' physical version of this is as stupid as people who believe in god...

Honestly can’t tell if we’re being sarcastic or not at this point...

5 hours ago, jeromium said:

4LP?  jesus christ. No.

Who doesn’t want to listen to one song per side?  And then jumping over to a digital device to get the rest of the content?

I can almost picture Maynard sipping his wine laughing at us.  And yes, much like jhulud, I am including myself in that group.