Tool Vinyl BUYING GUIDE (Original/Boots, etc.)

14 hours ago, dobyblue said:

Weight has nothing to do with sound, but there was only one master done by Bob Ludwig for all media so it literally cannot be "more dynamic" than any other version. Classic Records also prepared the inital pressing for Zoo, which is likely why it was also done at RTI (same as the 200g TPs)

Original 180g test from RTI -https://www.discogs.com/Tool-Ænima/release/7763661

The RTI test pressing is the test pressing I own. I have never opened it so cannot vouch for how good it sounds. I have chatted with one of the other owners who have opened theirs, and they said it sounds really good. My regular pressing is a little beat up and needs a decent clean as well. So I just listen to the FLACs if I want to listen to the album.

Discogs says there are currently 8 owners of the RTI test pressing, however the general opinion of myself, the other owners and the person at the pressing plant is that there are only 5. I think some people who own the later 200g test pressing have mistakenly tagged themselves on the RTI listing instead.

Edited by Mikizee