Tool Vinyl BUYING GUIDE (Original/Boots, etc.)

17 minutes ago, jhulud said:

Thanks? 

🤷🏻‍♂️

Just putting your bullshit into perspective for people that might actually believe you. If you don't like being a moderator then quit, although we all know that isn't true. Quit with the emotional manipulation and just do your mod thing or fuck off. Simple.

18 hours ago, Rip said:

My theory: that troll account is another account made by one of the mods to see how well we as a community deal with said trolls.  Almost like a “secret shopper” kind of thing.

We’ve all failed.  VC will be shut down by tomorrow.

I wish I had free time to fuck off on the internet like this.

ANYWAYS, that dude has been remove, and I fixed @Fowty Dollaz and @Derek™ 's feedback (is this a "less questionable decsion?" I've been extremely busy with my kids, and when I skimmed the thread it looked everyone was talking shit to each other. As sexy as a conspiracy theory sounds, there ain't one. Both Juan and I have lives outside of VC ¯\_(ツ)_/¯ )

If he screwed with anyone else's feedback send me a DM and I'll fix it for you. Even if I don't respond right away I will get to it ASAP.

Derek loves to feed the trolls which then feeds his post count. Never have I come across a more long winded and insufferable poster online. Gets triggered over the stupidest shit and whines to mods for help. Pathetic all around. I’ll gladly dip out now and let Derek do his usual white whale thang...

whaaa whaaa Uncle Joey is spamming towerrecords and sam goody vinyl POs whaaaa plz ban him hurr durr.

Fuck off already and try getting a fucking life that doesn’t revolve around monitoring this board 24/7 and chiming in on every thread you can.

Haha, emotionally unstable Twat-man right on cue.  I thought I buried the hatchet with you months ago and have been really respectful to you in threads since, but clearly your life is going stellar yet again and you need an outlet to vent.  Pathetic.  Take your own advice and fuck right off my dude.  Your presence and contributions are just about as important as my post count.  (Which is dick, for the record.)  Save your garbage responses and just punch holes in the drywall of your parent’s basement.  It’ll be a lot more effective.

To the mods: I believe holyvacantsholyhell also got tagged with negative rep.

I appreciate the fix, thank you.  Like I explicitly said in my post on the last page, I’m aware that Juan – who’s usually quick to resolve this sort of stuff – has plenty on his plate, bigger fish to fry, etc.  Everyone’s mileage in a natural disaster is going to vary, so I tagged him in a thread last week to call out the situation, and then sat tight.  As the weekend progressed, I began hearing from Floridan friends that they’re basically out of the woods, so I thought “ah, that’s great.  Crisis averted, hopefully.”  And when I saw Juan chime in that his Taylor Swift 7” was delivered, yesterday, I really thought “hey, Juan made it too and got some mail delivered.  We good?”  Basically figured it was an all-clear, which is why I raised “a scene”.

As previously acknowledged, I know moderators have lives and natural disasters to sort out.  Of course that shit takes priority.  I don’t expect them to diligently follow every thread and all the drama.  People do the best they can, I get that much.  There were  legitimately good discussions happening in these threads while JFC was banned, so it was disheartening to see him back and shitting all over the floor, to the point where the locks came out.  The feedback is not something that was impacting my ability to sell here on the boards, but it’s just the principle.  It all sounds like it’s been sorted, so, whatever.  This post wasn’t made to spark more arguments, point fingers, or demand anything of anyone.  I’m calm as cookies and cream.  Just elaborating a bit.  And buffing my gigantic post count because I have a micro penis and need to compensate somewhere, somehow. 💪

11 minutes ago, Rip said:

For the record, I don’t honestly believe there’s some conspiracy.  Would just make this whole thing more interesting.

I think (or at least hope) no one genuinely thought there was an actual conspiracy.

1 minute ago, Sasan said:

I really thought to come here and find out some info about probable pressings...think I was wrong. 

What are you, new here?  This thread has always been a smoldering cesspool.  Or at least leading up to and through FI’s release.  Here’s the actual PO thread we’re trying to salvage and keep on topic;

1 hour ago, Derek™ said:

What are you, new here?  This thread has always been a smoldering cesspool.  Or at least leading up to and through FI’s release.  Here’s the actual PO thread we’re trying to salvage and keep on topic;

Nah, you guys just showed me once again quite plainly why I barely visit the board anymore...what a shithole this place became!

Fuck this CD release. I mean, why the fuck? I should have known that in 2019, I should have pre-ordered any version of a Tool release. I can't track this motherfucker to save my life and I know I'm not alone. Of course it didn't help that I went out of town on the actual release date but holy fuck. Why make something so goddamn elusive? Fuck my life. I listened to this one time on a plane and I think  its pretty great. I really want to listen on my stereo but not from digital files and hopefully someday in 2088 on vinyl. Rant over. Fuck this monstrosity.

PS Fuck. 

19 minutes ago, Sasan said:

Nah, you guys just showed me once again quite plainly why I barely visit the board anymore...what a shithole this place became!

The boards have always been a rollercoaster of ups and downs.  This thread is pretty bad right now, but no one is forcing you to be here.

11 minutes ago, mcpherson123 said:

Fuck this CD release. I mean, why the fuck? I should have known that in 2019, I should have pre-ordered any version of a Tool release. I can't track this motherfucker to save my life and I know I'm not alone. Of course it didn't help that I went out of town on the actual release date but holy fuck. Why make something so goddamn elusive? Fuck my life. I listened to this one time on a plane and I think  its pretty great. I really want to listen on my stereo but not from digital files and hopefully someday in 2088 on vinyl. Rant over. Fuck this monstrosity.

PS Fuck. 

Bummer deal.  Are you just looking for something better than a Spotify stream or 320 rip?  Because I could potentially help you out with that.  There’s a lot going on in the album and I understand the desire to hear it in optimal fidelity.  I don’t have many means of even playing a CD these days, but if you’re looking for a quality copy I definitely steer you in the direction of something > 320 kbps.

Derek I’m burying the hatchet on you rn at least myself.  It’s just frustrating watching threads go to hell over the stupidest shit and clearly I didn’t contribute to the greater cause by calling you out. Whateva. Clearly I don’t know all the history between you and JFC...

It’s Labor Day and I popped off...oops. 

I really like the new Tool record btw and the only song I don’t really care for is Descending oddly...looking forward to my Amazon shipment arriving hopefully later this week!

Anyone remember that old "just don't look" Simpsons episode where they ignored the evil advertisers and they became powerless and shut down? Consider the same approach to jerkwad internet trolls. Block, let a mod know if you want, and move on. Homeboy gets no attention anywhere else in life and decides to try for it here, that sucks for those of us who are here for vinyl news and discussion, it's pretty easy to starve the troll and he'll go elsewhere. Typing this is already more of my time than I want to spend on the matter.

Looking forward to the PO when it happens. I signed up for Tool Army months ago hoping it'd prove fruitful, and that clearly isn't happening. Wonder if I can get a refund.

17 hours ago, Derek™ said:

Bummer deal.  Are you just looking for something better than a Spotify stream or 320 rip?  Because I could potentially help you out with that.  There’s a lot going on in the album and I understand the desire to hear it in optimal fidelity.  I don’t have many means of even playing a CD these days, but if you’re looking for a quality copy I definitely steer you in the direction of something > 320 kbps.

The real problem is that I just want some part of this to be like when I was young and I could be excited about getting "the new Tool album" and it was as simple as going down to a local record store or a Best Buy (I realize they don't even have CD's any longer as of recently) on the first day of release and picking a copy out of a seemingly endlessly flowing quantity without worrying about scarcity and having it for myself and playing it on my stereo as many times as I needed for it to sink in. You know? Its just wanting something that has always been simple and has also always been incredibly important to me, to just be simple in the present now that the wait is TECHNICALLY over. I know its knitpicky and I know I can hear the album all I want via streaming and Spotify download but of all the goddamn releases in my whole life that I've ever anticipated, I sure as shit did NOT want the successor to 10,000 Days to be the first anticipated release from a favorite band that I listened to for the first time as a Spotify download because I couldn't locate a physical copy. And now that I've heard it and feel happy that I actually deeply enjoy the material, I just want to own a physical version.... like 4 days ago. Its just a shitty feeling that I can't shake and I'm venting about it here. I have to tell you that I do very sincerely appreciate your offer but the crux of the problem is simply that I likely won't be consoled because that moment of fulfillment, to the particular degree that I anticipated having, has passed. I'll be good once I get something physical and I don't want to continue to harp on it but I did want to fully explain the particularity of the "first-worldiness" of my bellyaching. I'll stop going on about it.

20 minutes ago, mcpherson123 said:

...I did want to fully explain the particularity of the "first-worldiness" of my bellyaching. I'll stop going on about it.

16 minutes ago, holyvacantsholyhell said:

Jesus Christ on a bike.

Kim, there’s people that are dying.

Beat you to it, Guy Peterson.

41 minutes ago, Sunshine said:

If you felt this strongly why did you not buy a copy when the preorder went up like everyone else? You even posted links.

I didn't know it was going to turn out to be scarce. There was no illustration that this would be so limited and difficult to come by in brick and mortar.