Tool Vinyl BUYING GUIDE (Original/Boots, etc.)

That works well for a very small venue, will calls aren't equipped for a larger floor section entirely being will called. You want CC-only entry. u2 did it for all the floors of the stadium Joshua Tree tour and other than Vancouver which was the first stop on the bill, it was a massive success. I was on the floor in Toronto and I walked up, they scanned my credit card, it beeped and they gave us two GA Floor wristbands. Bam. Took all of 5 seconds.

3 minutes ago, dobyblue said:

That works well for a very small venue, will calls aren't equipped for a larger floor section entirely being will called. You want CC-only entry. u2 did it for all the floors of the stadium Joshua Tree tour and other than Vancouver which was the first stop on the bill, it was a massive success. I was on the floor in Toronto and I walked up, they scanned my credit card, it beeped and they gave us two GA Floor wristbands. Bam. Took all of 5 seconds.

That works well too. Definitely a good future take on it. Will call with ID can work, but it needs to work like a theme park.

2 hours ago, mcpherson123 said:

Sorry! Another fan has done some magical bullshit that you can't do and fuck yourself and go die in a hole somewhere or pay more fucking money to our buddies who have all the fucking tickets you losing cunt. We hate you and can't wait to see you die.

Same shit I got. Some of those seats were still there 20 minutes later. 

I'm not complaining because I didn't get tickets. I'm complaining because I had to try a whole other venue where I'll be so close to the ceiling that it'll take me 15 minutes just to get up toy seat. Sad face emoji.

I tried for LA tickets since they’re not playing Seattle and all that was available were reseller tickets at $300+ each. Oh well, if they come around the northwest I’ll try again. I’ve at least been able to see them 3 times since 2001, the best being with King Crimson opening during the Lateralus tour.

If Ticketmaster wanted to stop scalpers they could but why would they?  They just sold our every show in no time thanks to them. And now they allow people to sell over face value right through their site and they get a nice % of every sale.  It's free money for them. 

I didn't even bother trying for Tool.  The prices were out of control. I'll pay a premium for smaller venue shows like when nin toured last year but I'm not paying a similar amount to be 100 yards from the band. Thankfully I saw them tour for their last  3 albums. 

30 minutes ago, fish said:

If Ticketmaster wanted to stop scalpers they could but why would they?  They just sold our every show in no time thanks to them. And now they allow people to sell over face value right through their site and they get a nice % of every sale.  It's free money for them. 

I didn't even bother trying for Tool.  The prices were out of control. I'll pay a premium for smaller venue shows like when nin toured last year but I'm not paying a similar amount to be 100 yards from the band. Thankfully I saw them tour for their last  3 albums. 

It is for that exact fact of the vender's greed-driven incentivization to be a complete piece of shit that bands need to start vending to their own audiences with new and creative methods of limiting the power and scope of would-be scalpers. Seriously, we live amongst such scum that we can't even get over charged by only the first business just to see our favorite artists. 

I've seen them 3 times since 2014, if I miss this tour I'll live, but I didn't even try this morning, if tickets end up in my hands then cool, if not oh well. I do feel bad for everyone though who wanted tickets, they really do need to figure something out about this ticket scalper bullshit, I'm still trying to find Mr. Bungle tickets for February since it seems like all of them went to Stubhub.

Edited by Reshiram

On 9/6/2019 at 10:11 AM, mcpherson123 said:

"Sorry! Another fan has done some magical bullshit that you can't do and fuck yourself and go die in a hole somewhere or pay more fucking money to our buddies who have all the fucking tickets you losing cunt. We hate you and can't wait to see you die."

Sorry but you can't purchase from us. Those $70 tickets you just tried to purchase were not really there. But you can purchase those same tickets from StubHub.🤯🔫